PDA

View Full Version : first art fair

Tom Christopher
06-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Hello Artists--after several months of planning, I finally completed my first art festival. I was very pleased -was able to sell three large pastels. Alot of work setting up and taking down but well worth the effort. Here are three not -so-good pics I took --It was one of the few sunny days this month. If you look close in one of the paintings you can see me taking the photo. Thank You for your support--- Tom

binkie
06-13-2004, 11:16 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats on your first art festival and your sales! Way to go!:clap: :clap: :clap:

gwen

DGrau
06-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Congradulations Tom.
Glad things went well for you.
Best
David

Deborah Secor
06-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Looks terrific, Tom! Glad folks had the good sense to buy from you, too. :D

Deborah

Paula Ford
06-14-2004, 12:05 AM
How exciting Tom!!

Congratulations on the sales!!

Paula

Kathryn Wilson
06-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Great news Tom! You deserve it after all your hard work - :clap: :clap:

Khadres
06-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Nice looking display! Art fairs are fun...that used to be our favorite weekend passtime, but I think I might have gotten too lazy for it these days. Most of the shows here are way too "pro" for me with the costs of entering far too expensive to chance it. Not that many of those either.

Glad you had nice weather too! I unfondly remember one show where all our canvasses took flight in a rogue wind gust and our fold up pegboard "walls" did just that...folded up and collapsed, poking holes in canvasses, shattering glass, etc. Only happened the one time, but what a mess the whole show was...looked like an arty traffic accident!

You've done really well, especially for a first show, but then your work speaks for itself and should sell very well wherever you show it! Congrats!

stonewhiteclown
06-14-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm happy for you, Tom! :clap:

EdK
06-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Tom - how exciting. Congrats on the sales. Your booth looks great. I'll bet your already planning the next one! :clap:

K Taylor-Green
06-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Congratulations, Tom! :clap:

Dark_Shades
06-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Well done Tom .... congrats on your Sales ..... bet you got a real buzz
...... doesnt your work look even more fantastic framed and glassed (if thats possible) :)

meowmeow
06-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Excellent! That is wonderful for a first show...or any show. I'm not realy surprised people liked your work, though.
Good job!

Sandy

chewie
06-14-2004, 05:14 PM
yup, you earned every sale, good work! where was this show? i lived in iowa a very long time, so i was just wondering. nice looking booth too.

and ooh, a wind storm, scary! i can just see what khadres was describing!! i've done a couple of these, but here they are mostly art and craft (or is it crap? sorry, just had to say it,teehee!) shows, selling trinkets for a buck and the art is not taken seriously. and all the work that must go into really doing this type thing, whew! but good for you, and i agree, not really surprised you sold!!

prestonsega
06-14-2004, 09:09 PM
There is so much work involved in doing shows like this.. Glad you felt it was worth it. Having ones work seen and appreciated by the public is good for the soul...congrats on the sales!

Pinecone Conniff
06-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Looks like you had a really nice set-up!!...And you sold three paintings!! That is awesome! I'll bet that made all the work worthwhile.
Are you going to try & get some galleries in your area to show your artwork?
Annette

Tom Christopher
06-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Thank you all so much--your kind words of encouragement are very much appreciated. Tom

you earned sale, good work! where was this show? i lived in iowa a very long time, so i was just wondering. nice looking booth too.

Hi Chewie--The show was on the lawn at the Macnider Art Museium in Mason City, Iowa.

Are you going to try & get some galleries in your area to show your artwork?
Annette[/QUOTE]

Hi Annette, I currently have 5 of my pastels paintings in two galleries in Iowa.
I am hopeful I will be able to display my paintings in a couple more this fall. Thank You Tom

SweetBabyJ
06-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Congrats, Tom- looks like a nice set-up and don't your pieces look great all framed and glowing! Bet it was a kick!

Dyin
06-15-2004, 11:32 AM
well, I'm fashionably late to this thread! :rolleyes: Congratulations, Tom. It's not easy to sell 3 large paintings from a booth first time out and is a measure of how good your work is. Your booth looks really nice and I hope it was exciting and fun for you. I am sure this is just the beginning for you :)