PDA

View Full Version : first WDE 6/12 - Standard Mine Mill

CAULFIELD
06-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Well here it is, my first WDE! It is prismacolors on art spectrum paper about the size that you see. The colors (especially blue) are more saturated in the scan for some reason. I haven't worked on the foreground yet or much on the hill (it is kind of looking like a snow scene in this stage). I would still like to do more on the buildings as well, we'll see... :rolleyes: This is my second landscape. My first landscape is about half way done: also a work in progress. :rolleyes: Thanks for looking and I will try to comment on others after the kids are in bed!

~Nicole

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Nicole, this is really coming along beautifully. Will check back to see your progress. Great job!

lisilk
06-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Lot's of first timer's this wkend- the more the merrier ! Welcome.

This is excellent. Your buildings are solid , hugging the hill, great shading. Love the light across the hills. Can't wait to see it finished because it looks great to me.

artist forever
06-13-2004, 08:48 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That's a gorgeous little prismacolored pencil piece ya got there, looks good really well shadded good hues in piece. (I wouldn't change piece any I think it looks good as is) :cool:

geminidream
06-13-2004, 08:57 PM
great work I really like the texure you have goin, welcome to wde its so much fun and great friends here :D geminidream :)

Drumbeat-trish
06-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Love the texture and atmosphere you have going here !!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Oh yeah welcome to the WDE's hope you do more :D

dabblerdot
06-14-2004, 02:19 AM
This feels like the cooling off in the evening after yet another day of hot sun. Really like the cluster of the buildings- your draftsmanship is wonderful ! :clap:
Welcome to WDE's, they're just the best thing !

pjo
06-14-2004, 03:14 AM
Welcome to WDE, aren't they just great! I really like what is happening here alot. It does seem to be a restful evening, your buildings are very well done.

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Wow, thanks everyone. The texture is from the sanded paper - which I'm just starting to try out. I think I like it. It's amazing how many layers you can get on it.

This was alot of fun & I hope to do more! Thanks for the great photos -it really was hard to choose! :) :) :) :) :)

I worked for another hour or so... Here it is:
I would love any criticisms - still have some room on the paper for corrections!

Thanks again~Nicole

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Shew- it's hard to comment on all these great WDE's. Hope I can add more comments later! It sure is fun though! ~Nicole

Kathryn Wilson
06-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi Nichole! Better be careful, these WDE's can get addictive - :D

Nice job here and I also work on Art Spectrum paper - I wasn't clear on whether you used pencils or pastels - Prismacolor makes both. But either way, very well done! :clap:

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 12:55 PM
It's colored pencil - thanks for the comments kyle.
~Nicole

sundiver
06-14-2004, 02:47 PM
You don't often see landscapes in cp- too complicated I guess- but they and your style are perfectly suited to this image. Very nicely done! Can't see anything to critique; I like it as is.
Welcome to the WDEs :D ! Hope we see you back for more!

Precious Mazie
06-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Welcome to your first WDE and what a nice job you've done on this! Really Beautiful. :clap: :clap:

artbyjune
06-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the WDE's. I love your drawing. I would never have thought of using colour pencils on sanded paper...they work just great.
Very neat composition. :clap: :cool:
June

cmwynn
06-14-2004, 05:29 PM
The buildings just look as if they belonged there. Great job of drawing and shading. I learn so much seeing how others approach subjects whether I do them ot not. WDE is truly fun. Come back.
Connie

dragonlady
06-14-2004, 06:13 PM
This is great. The buildings look really solid and the muted colours make them look as if they've been there forever. Welcome to the WDEs - I've only been here a few weeks and I'm already addicted.

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks Sundiver, Maizie, June, Connie, and Dragonlady - I'm glad you like it! :)

June - I would take credit for the idea of using the sanded paper for cp but I know two women that make masterpieces with it and cp so I had to try. They make it look effortless - but it's like learning a whole new medium! :(

Thanks agin everyone!

I think I'm already addicted to WDE - I will just probably be late each week.

CAULFIELD
06-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Last time I post this I swear! I put this in the colored pencil forum and made a few changes after some comments. I'm not touching it anymore.

lisilk
06-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Don't do another thing to it. It's FANTASTIC ! :clap: :clap: :clap: You made a delapidated scene look fresh and beautiful. Congratulations !

Deano
06-16-2004, 01:14 AM
Don't you dare do anymore..because you can't improve on perfection. Great job on every count.

CAULFIELD
06-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks Deanno & Li! You're too nice! Nicole :)

YYcat
06-16-2004, 10:18 AM
It is a beautiful drawing, don't change it anymore, it has just the right atmosphere :clap: :clap: :clap:

marilyn h
06-16-2004, 04:48 PM
That is a perfect picture of a mine that I am familiar with coming from the state of Idaho. If it were mine. I would find a very lonely have broken down tree to go with the abandonment of the houses around it. So much history is left behind in the rotting wood and prairie dogs that go along these lines.

Great work.

lorna12
06-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Wow, great job using cp's on this landscape! The buildings are just perfect! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Two new things I learned this weekend...cp's and sanded paper and cp's and landscapes...wouldn't have thought of either!

Welcome to WDE's, I'm looking forward to more of your work!

CAULFIELD
06-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks Lorna, Marilym and Joanna! :)

It was my first landscape & it was alot of fun! I'm trying another one!

Charlie's Mum
06-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Lovely drawing - the buildings sit very convincingly - and I love the light you've got on the roofs. Nice one! :) :clap: :clap:

CAULFIELD
06-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Lovely drawing - the buildings sit very convincingly - and I love the light you've got on the roofs. Nice one! :) :clap: :clap:

Maureen, thanks! Can't wait till next week's project! Hopefully my hubby will go out so I have a few hours to myself!