PDA

View Full Version : WDE June 12 the White House

lorna12
06-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I forgot to scan at the 2 hour mark but this is at 3hours and I'm calling it done. Not thrilled with it, but oh well....off to see what everyone else did! May try my hand at another one later.

Thanks Lisilk for the great photos! :)

w/c on 8X9 scrap of w/c paper
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2004/11613-File0444.jpg_A.jpg

cmwynn
06-13-2004, 05:06 PM
This looks like home. You have a solid house, with great detail. Hard to do all that is watercolor, at least in the time span.
Connie

blondiedenise
06-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Not thrilled with it, but oh well....

How can you NOT be thrilled??? It's beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: The works you ARE thrilled with must really be astounding! Would love to see what you call good :D .

(canyoubelieveit..notthrilled...ican'tbelieveit...mygoodness...wishiwereasgood....**she mumbles to herself in amazment**)

Denise

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Lorna, this is wonderful. Love the shadows you did on the house. Your tree is just great and the wholepainting gives a warm welcome feeling. Great job :clap: :clap:

Precious Mazie
06-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Beautiful! :clap: :clap: You can always send this one my way, I see nothing wrong!

lisilk
06-13-2004, 06:01 PM
This is awesome Lorna, look at that light and shadow ! What a charmer !

Dark_Shades
06-13-2004, 06:03 PM
I dont know how you cant be thrilled with this either..... its lovely...... look at that sunshine and shadows!!..... wonderful!

Dyin
06-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, it's light and cheerful and obviously well controlled wc...what's not to be thrilled about? :)

FriendCarol
06-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Whatever it is you don't like, it must have disappeared either in scanning or reducing the size. I love this -- would certainly be happy to see it on my own walls. :)

Looking very carefully, I can't see anything not to like. Good palette, no obvious compositional problems... Maybe you wanted those red flowers under the porch to "pop" a bit more? The shadows on the clapboard walls seem to be the center of focus, though, just because they're so well done.

geminidream
06-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Lorna , Its Gorgeous!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: You should be happy with it, I think its wonderful :D thank you for the welcome back too, it really does feel so good to be able to be back again thanks :D geminidream

Deano
06-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Looks like another great painting with that special "Lorna touch". The clarity sparkles. How in the world do you get such straight, accurate lines in WC?? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Drumbeat-trish
06-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Another beauty Lorna -heck I thought it was the photo at first - it is so clear and bright !!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pjo
06-13-2004, 10:58 PM
The lights and shadows are very strong in this one, your darks are dark, your lights and whites are bright. Very nice work. What is it that you are unhappy with? I think it's quite strong IMHO. Beautifully done.

dabblerdot
06-14-2004, 01:48 AM
Overall (and all over) a real charmer- lisilk's sis will be impressed with her beautiful home all over again ! :clap: :clap: I am fascinated by the filigree of delicate shadows on the walls inside the porch- just beautiful ! OK, ante up, what can you possibly be less than delighted in, with this painting ??? :) ;)

YYcat
06-14-2004, 01:54 AM
It's a very good painting, lovely bright lights, the house is shining and inviting. :clap: :clap:

lorna12
06-14-2004, 05:29 AM
Gee, you guys...are so darned nice!!! I don't know what I thought was wrong with this one....I had a lot of "maybe I shoulda done this or that's" running through my head....maybe I was just tired or something (late night) Anyway, I like it better now that I didn't look at it for awhile....of course all your wonderful responses helped, too.lol :D Thanks everyone!!

Deano....I used a ruler when I drew it and just followed the lines. I can't draw or paint anything straight without one! :D

Didn't get to see much of everyone elses works, yet. We had one thunderstorm after another rolling through...I had to shut off the computer. I will try to see them all this week (weather permitting ;) )

sundiver
06-14-2004, 05:49 AM
That photo had potential, and you've achieved it. It now has personality, and the colors are quite lovely.

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 08:25 AM
That photo had potential, and you've achieved it. It now has personality, and the colors are quite lovely.

I agree - I thought about doing this photo but didn't know how to improve it. I think you did!

~Nicole

artbyjune
06-15-2004, 01:43 PM
I love this. So clean and bright. Great contrast between crisp building and hazier florals. Love it!! :clap:

Charlie's Mum
06-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Beautiful strong sunlight and deep shade - very successful Lorna, so I'm glad you feel happier with it now, - you should!!!!
I like the contrast also of the very specifically painted house and the hazy, indefinite foreground.
Another sale? :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
You do achieve such lovely CLEAN colours! :)

dragonlady
06-15-2004, 06:12 PM
This is beautiful, love the feeling of light and the way you left the foreground unfocused to concentrate attention on the front of the house and those lovely purple shadows.

lorna12
06-16-2004, 02:01 AM
Thankyou so much for kind words Wendy, June, Maureen, Nicole and Joy!

kittiemom
06-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Lorna, as others have noted, I love the muted forground that leads the eye toward the house, and as it is my house, :D I am thrillllled with the colors you have given it......and applaud your talent :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: my husband loves the colors, thinks it is beautiful----as we love our house---you have done it justice :cool: :clap: :clap: :clap: you have to take both hands and pat yourself on the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!kiki

lorna12
06-18-2004, 02:19 AM
Kittiemom...I am so pleased you and your husband like it...even though I didn't paint it the right color (;)artistic license you know :D ) You have a beautiful spot there...love that big tree casting the shadows on the house....that's what made me want to try this....all the lovely shadows. I am glad you think I did it justice, thankyou!

katju
06-18-2004, 12:26 PM
I was out of town last weekend, but had to pop in and see your painting this week, Lorna. (Yes, I'm a fan :D ) And I was not disappointed. It is just lovely. I really like the shadows on the house because they accentuate the light very nicely!

So, I guess I'll be here tomorrow :D

Kathy

lorna12
06-19-2004, 02:48 AM
Hi Kathy...sorry you had to miss last weekend, but glad you'll be here for this week's! I'm bringing my grandkids on this camping trip! Should be fun!

Thankyou for the lovely compliments! :)

Celia
06-19-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm blown away by the beautiful lacy tree and bushes in this watercolor...... the shadows are wonderful...... and the rocks on the house are terrific......... so, what's not to like?........ I think it's awesome........

celia

lorna12
06-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi Celia and thankyou for the compliments!! :D