PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Lisilk

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 01:35 AM
Thanks Lisik for absolutely wonderful photos. I think I took off about 4 or 5 just to have a smaller amount to chose from. They were interesting and challenging. I'm sorry for the computer problems that you had, that is very frustrating when you know all these folks are just waiting with bated breath for your photos so they can dive in. It was well worth the wait.

Thank you again for all your work and sharing your lovely photos.

sundiver
06-13-2004, 08:03 AM
All's well that ends well; your images did get uploaded, and boy was it hard to choose. Thanks, Li, for another great drawing event!

FriendCarol
06-13-2004, 08:09 AM
Here, here! -- second the motion: Thanks for all your hard work hosting us yesterday! (Doesn't your home feel bigger, now that you've had so many painters from around the world in it?!)

My PC, also, has been having a hard time, even here at WC!, the past few days. I haven't had to reformat the hard drive and start over from scratch again since last Sunday, but I did reinstall the sytem once (over top of itself), and the browser once, last week. :rolleyes: Once I catch up with my current set of chores, I'm seriously thinking of setting up my online PC as a Linux system (still with just the single application of a browser).

If you don't have a virus (or a hacker targeting you), you might see if defragmenting your hard drive helps. Just leave the disk defrag program running several hours, maybe while you're out shopping, or in bed asleep. :)Good luck!

Mo.
06-13-2004, 08:15 AM
My thanks to you also Li, you made the choice so difficult with all those lovely photo's, but my it's been fun participating again. :)

Mo.

Kathryn Wilson
06-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Had so much fun doing this - I may swipe a couple more to do at another time. Thanks so much!

Drumbeat-trish
06-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Adding my thanks -the images were awesome . Stuck down here at the bottom of the world ( lovely as it is :) ) it is great to get these little tours and history lessons from places never seen . :D

Deano
06-13-2004, 02:26 PM
I second and third all the motions. Thanks for the high quality selection of photos. You did a great job of hosting.

Dark_Shades
06-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Yes, I would love to add my thanks too ..... such beautiful images..... thoroughly enjoyed my first WDE ..... and have ear marked some others too :)

lisilk
06-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone and you are most welcome. It's been 6 months since I last hosted ( sounds like a confession ) so I was nervous that everyone find something they liked. I did have a blast camping this week and taking the pics but the best part is seeing all of the wonderful interpretations of the images....so Thank You All for sharing your unique talents and beautiful paintings ! Glad everyone had fun !

Hmmm.I'd better go do mine now. LOL. :rolleyes:

I have other images that did not make the cut that I will be adding, along with these, to the RIL so if you didn't get to one this weekend, they will be in my RIL photo's.

P.S. *** IF YOU HAVE NEVER HOSTED BEFORE, please consider sharing your part of the world by hosting a WDE. If you have any questions about how to do it, just ask.

Charlie's Mum
06-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks Li for the lovely pics - I'm only sad I missed the last five, - so eager to try to do something last night before the light went! Did manage 50mins tho', so for once I 'joined in' at the right time instead of mid week! :)

marilyn h
06-13-2004, 08:06 PM
I too, must post my thanks. WOnderful selection! Haven't done this in a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg time. Of course, the sunflowers caught my eye. Great fun!

ajlec2000
06-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks Lisilk. This was a great weekend for me. Your pics were enticing and were a great help getting me over the dry spell I'd found my self in. Hope you get around to hosting again soon.

geminidream
06-15-2004, 04:13 AM
I want to add my thank you's also as this has been a most wonderful wde for me this weekend !!!!Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this for helping everyone have such a great weekend in art . :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great Pics also thank you for sharing.
gem :)

lorna12
06-16-2004, 06:14 PM
I'd like to add my thanks, too. Your photos were a history lesson as well as great art material and everyone's interpretations were great, too!

Well done! :clap: :clap:

theIsland
06-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Thank you, Lisilk, for a great WDE! I really loved the selection of photos. I didn't take photos when I visited Bodie years ago, so it's nice to get the chance to work from yours. I'm still drooling over the one with the reflection of the green (green!!!) landscape in the windows, but I don't think I could do it justice. I did save a few others for possible future use. Thank you!

Noma

lisilk
06-19-2004, 03:16 PM
You are most welcome everyone. It was fun and inspiring to see all of the beautiful work that came out of it.