PDA

View Full Version : wde 6-12-04 abandoned

geminidream
06-13-2004, 01:33 AM
I am not nearly finnished but choose this car sitting in the field.
I am starting in pencil then am using watercolor to finnish... two hours sure go by way to quick but am glad to have a chance at wde again. :D geminidream

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Gem a wonderful start on this old beauty. Love the colors you have achieved so far. Will check back to see how you progress.

lisilk
06-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Very nice so far Gemini. Your tones are rich and deep. Looking forward to seeing more.

morendo
06-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Wow!. What a beauty. Makes me want to restore it to it's original shine. Nice nuances of color! Please post a finish when you are done.

Drumbeat-trish
06-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Good to see you back gem :) this is looking terrific -now don't leave it abandoned will you -want to see the finish. Beautiful colours coming out here and your drawing is spot on , I liked the look of this one but the thought of drawing it seemed too much for my hopeless perspective skills

Europa
06-13-2004, 07:03 AM
Gem - love the rich deep colours - looking forward to seeing it finished.

Pat

Mo.
06-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Lovely!!! I like the textures building up here, hope you finish this one.

Mo.

sundiver
06-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Wow, this one looks like a winner already. Your loose application of paint has captured the age and character of that old car perfectly.

Kathryn Wilson
06-13-2004, 12:39 PM
I like how you are getting good strong color on this - hope we'll get to see this finished - :D

artbyjune
06-13-2004, 12:46 PM
The car's got a lovely old abandoned rusty feel to it already. Your rich colours are great.

Dyin
06-13-2004, 01:14 PM
am liking those colors! Really good start and am sure it will turn out a winner. :)

Precious Mazie
06-13-2004, 01:49 PM
What a nice start! :clap: :clap: Hope you post the finish. Are you using watercolor pencils?

YYcat
06-13-2004, 03:33 PM
A very good start, hope to see it finished too. :D

cmwynn
06-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Such good color and the drawings is excellent. Do you use colored pencils or watercolor pencils?
Connie

lorna12
06-13-2004, 04:45 PM
I really like what you are doing with your version of this car....will be watching for the end result.

I liked this old car, too(saved it for later)

dabblerdot
06-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Guess I'm the wierd one- I LOVE the artistic feel at the stage it's at now, and would be happy even if it were to be stopped at this point. The colours are so beautiful, and the lines tell the rest of the story. :clap: :clap:

geminidream
06-13-2004, 08:49 PM
hello thank you everyone for your very motavational comments on this piece as it is a new type for me, in answer to a couple questions i used water color from a tube on this and any white you see is acyrilic as i am in need of some new colors ... need to go shoppin in the big city ... soon. I think i am finnished I spent a bout 3 more hours today and I am pretty happy with it i think. thanks for a wonderful wde lil :D geminidream happy to be back :)

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Great job on the car! The rust looks really well done & the car looks like IT is looking of in the distance. Maybe waiting for it's lost owner? :clap: ~Nicole

Europa
06-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Well done - love the rust effects - really have captured the car - poor old thing - gone but evidently not forgotten.

Pat

geminidream
06-15-2004, 03:44 AM
Pat , thank you very much for your comments :)
hopefully some nice person will paint him up for real someday :D

Nicole, Thanks, Yeah it does look abit in the distance wasnt sure if I wanted to but i could put some more detail inthe back and fix the sky, thank you very much for your comments :)

ps. I wasn't sure how to go about posting a picture after , when you start one and then add it later after you have finnished it., How is it done as to not be confusing ?I dont think i did this the right way. Any help on this greatly appreciated, thanks gem :)

lisilk
06-15-2004, 04:03 AM
That is one solid gorgeous rusting car. Very well done. :clap: Feels like I could run my hands over it.

As far as posting your final, most people do it in the original thread because many people continue to check the updates throughout the week. Some start a seperate thread but then anyone new misses the process. Be patient. You will get more responses. It's a great piece.

Charlie's Mum
06-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Love the way you've painted the rusty wreck!
I also like the ground re-claiming it's metal - Nature will win! :D

Deano
06-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Great job. The drawing is superb and the colours are rich. Couldn't ask for more. :clap: :clap:

marilyn h
06-16-2004, 04:52 PM
I love the old rusty! He is so lush with color.
I would like to not see that tiny building in the background. It seriously takes away from the forground of the car and shadows. My two cents.

geminidream
06-16-2004, 08:11 PM
li, Deano ,charilie's mum , and Marilyn, thank you so much for your comments and all on my wde painting, I really enjoyed it this week and sure look forward to trying it again next week :D
geminidream :)