PDA

View Full Version : WDE 12 June Umbrellas

cmwynn
06-12-2004, 09:48 PM
There were lots of interesting photos, but I have a new toy - a box of watercolor pencils. So I had to find something to do with them. It will obviously take practice to have control, but what is new? This looks as if it could be a fun way to sketch. about 1 1/2 hours, 8" x 10" Would like to view others, but the thunder has started. Nothing new about that either.
Connie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2004/29839-WDE_12_June_Umbrellasxm.jpg

Dyin
06-12-2004, 09:52 PM
ah, a new bunch of toys!!! Am sure you'll get the hang of it in no time...looks like you can get some nice colors with them.

Drumbeat-trish
06-12-2004, 09:54 PM
and the wc pencils seem perfect for this - nice atmosphere you have there :) :clap: :clap:

sundiver
06-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Good start, Connie! Are you liking the pencils? I like how you've blurred out the background and emphasized the umbrellas.

Europa
06-12-2004, 09:59 PM
I always think you have more control with the wcp's - though havent tried them myself yet - so good on you connie - am sure we will see more of your pencil work.

Pat

Kathryn Wilson
06-12-2004, 10:12 PM
It looks like you like your new toys - I like this a lot! Stick with it - you may be on to something here. :clap:

Celia
06-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Looks like an umbrella kind of day......... I've been too afraid, or too lazy to try actual water with my water color pencils....... they might as well just be regular colored pencils.......

celia

lisilk
06-12-2004, 11:36 PM
What fun Connie. I just love trying new things. I'm sure you will be masterful in no time. I really liked the design of this and you've picked up the other colors from the clothing nicely. This will be cool when you're finished !

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 01:27 AM
Connie, new toys, hmmm. I have some but never tried them. Like the colors you are achieving with them. Neat colors in the umbrellas. Good job for trying something new.

prestonsega
06-13-2004, 01:38 AM
the umbrellas are very appropriate for our typical GA summers...if you don't like the weather, just wait, it will change....its thundering here too, but I'm taking the risk....the challenge of new toys is fun, isn't it?.....if this is the first work with them, I'm really looking forward to next week's WDE.....Question,...do you work on wet paper, dip the pencils in water, brush on water after drawing? or all of the above...seems like they can be a very versatile medium which I have no knowledge of.

Deano
06-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Good first work with the new playthings. I bet you'll love 'em for their control of putting the color right where you want it. :clap:

Mo.
06-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Water colour pencils are great to use, you have done a super job with your first try! Bravo!! :clap:

Mo.

cmwynn
06-13-2004, 12:09 PM
In this, I just drew the picture, then brushed on water - like painting with water we did as kids. But be sure to put the water on the lighter colors first, so you don't get mud. Later, I will try something with wet paper.
Connie

artbyjune
06-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Very amospheric effect. I like how you got the rich darks with your wc pencils.

Precious Mazie
06-13-2004, 01:59 PM
I want to break into color and this is the medium I am going to try. I like how you did the "brella's" as my granddaugher calls them. :clap:

YYcat
06-13-2004, 02:59 PM
I like handling of the colors very much. And I love the painting. :clap:

dabblerdot
06-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeaaaaahhhhhh Connie !! Way to go, girl, for jumping into a new medium ! I really like the flow of lines up above the umbrellas- adds to the feeling of the flow and pressure of the rain coming down. :clap: I don't recall seeing the photo (my 'people' photos didn't download for me at the time I had to make my choice) so I apologize, but I don't understand what the light area is on the central figure- is it a bald area(oops, I mean hair-challenged ;) ) on the person's head ? I like how you have got both the pencil line features and the watery effect as well- I think you are going to have a very rewaring time with your new toy !! :clap:

dabblerdot
06-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeaaaaahhhhhh Connie !! Way to go, girl, for jumping into a new medium ! I really like the flow of lines up above the umbrellas- adds to the feeling of the flow and pressure of the rain coming down. :clap: I don't recall seeing the photo (my 'people' photos didn't download for me at the time I had to make my choice) so I apologize, but I don't understand what the light area is on the central figure- is it a bald area(oops, I mean hair-challenged ;) ) on the person's head ? I like how you have got both the pencil line features and the watery effect as well- I think you are going to have a very rewarding time with your new toy !! :clap:

ajlec2000
06-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Ms. Wynn, you get better every week. And you're using a new set of tools. This looks great. More WCPs!

lorna12
06-18-2004, 02:32 AM
This painting fits very well with the weather we've been having, too.....one thunderstorm after another! Today was the first day without rain in over a week....yeah sunshine!!!

And Yeah, Connie!!! Trying something new and doing a great job! I have some w/c pencils but never think to use them...must be a mental block! ;) :D

You're doing so well, Connie, you'll have them down pat in no time! :clap: :clap: :clap:

geminidream
06-18-2004, 03:57 PM
looks like you captured the stormy rainy weather well, like the umbrellas too.
always fun to try new tools. :D geminidream