PDA

View Full Version : wde 6/12 Inside/outside the square

Drumbeat-trish
06-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Don't ask why- just trying out an abstracty thingee. The bottom of the doors took my fancy. OK anyway this was 3 1/2 hours work ( I still need to paint some of the sides -and glad I hadn't finished that before trying to get a pic -I think I have the paint on my hands haha ) This is a diptich ? (sp) and supposed to sort of go anyway you like -just took a pic of 2 to give you an idea ( sorry bout the quality and glare) and included a detail. Each canvas is 50 x 60 cm err so in inches??? umm 60cm is about 24 inches ? I think I am pleased with it -had fun anyway :D off to look at everyone elses
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2004/6194-square1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2004/6194-square2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2004/6194-detsq.jpg

lisilk
06-12-2004, 09:24 PM
You are not only working outside of the box today , you stomped on it, threw it in the shredder and set it on fire ! LOL. I have no idea which photo this was but I love your innovation ! ( Cat house I presume ? Meow. )

Wonderfully original !

MKathleen
06-12-2004, 09:26 PM
:D Trish 'what Li said' and I'll add this is creating at it's best! :clap:

Dyin
06-12-2004, 09:28 PM
really love to see how your mind works! Cool how you can change it around and it still works!

sundiver
06-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Cool, Trish, very cool! :cool:

Celia
06-12-2004, 09:57 PM
HHHHHMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm........... I'll have to think about this one...

celia

Europa
06-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Once again Trish you are a complete inspiration to me (even though you may not have realised....lol) - I love the way you just go for the unexpected and every time its like - WOW!!

Pat

Drumbeat-trish
06-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Once again Trish you are a complete inspiration to me (even though you may not have realised....lol) - I love the way you just go for the unexpected and every time its like - WOW!!

Pat
awwwww Pat -shucks :o :o how sweet and I see you broke free this week :D :D. Although your comment sorta reminded me of a time I was taking a bunch of kids on a tramp at a school camp - I confidently yelled out -'follow me kids" and walked straight in up to my waist into a bog -doh -lol. Moral of the story being (she's mad I tell you totally mad ) ;)

Celia -don't think too hard, it hurts :)

thanks wendy, sue, Kath .
Li tempted to show you which ref pic sparked me off , maybe later, and I am sorry -your pictures were simply divine and if I get time later in the week there are one or two I would love to do nicely

morendo
06-12-2004, 10:50 PM
The concept of a diptych being fittable on any of the 4 sides is genious. Has that even been done before? Wow Trish! :clap:
What fun work. But I am curious to know, what did it look like after 2 hours? :angel:
Go Trish Go! :cool:

Drumbeat-trish
06-12-2004, 10:54 PM
The concept of a diptych being fittable on any of the 4 sides is genious. Has that even been done before? Wow Trish! :clap:
What fun work. But I am curious to know, what did it look like after 2 hours? :angel:
Go Trish Go! :cool:
mostly brown mor ;) well it was half done lol

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Wow Trish, this is truly out there. Very original. I like it. Very cool how one can turn it and get different looks to the painting so that no side is "up". Aren't WDE's fun to experiment?

Deano
06-13-2004, 01:58 AM
The WDE has some really innovative classmates. Good going Trish. Inventive as all get out! :clap: :clap:

Mo.
06-13-2004, 08:06 AM
WOW!!! Trish :clap: what fun and creative work and so very cleverly done.
Kudos to you girl!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mo.

cmwynn
06-13-2004, 12:19 PM
The detail shows glowing color. Interesting compostion.
Connie

YYcat
06-13-2004, 03:56 PM
I love the third picture, the light shiny purple looks like a ghost find his (her) way out of the building. :D

Bertoni
06-13-2004, 04:22 PM
WOW Trish! :clap:

Precious Mazie
06-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Before I looked at this I went back to the ref pics to see if I could figure out what one you used just from your threads name. Was stumped. But now that I see it all is clear. Great job! :clap:

dabblerdot
06-13-2004, 07:07 PM
I like the way your mind works !! (I bet you are a great cook, too ! :D ) This is so innovative, and thanks for including the detail- even the paint application is anything but mundane ! :clap: :clap:

prestonsega
06-13-2004, 07:48 PM
the mind is an interesting thing! Its this kind of creative thinking that made the computer age possible!!!!! No status quo here!!

lisilk
06-14-2004, 04:58 AM
I give up...is it the saloon doors ? ROFLOL ! It's driving me crazy ( short drive ) but I do love your creative mind and talent !

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Darn. wish I could break out of the box! Looks great.

~Nicole

Drumbeat-trish
06-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks all - I must admit I looked at it yesterday and thought -what was I doing??? LOL

And Li -YES -you got it :D How my head went from salon doors to that I am not sure -but in a way that's what the painting is about -how our brains work or don't -bits that connect -thoughts that wander -and bits that remain blocked in the same. There is some sense in it somewhere -honest :D

artbyjune
06-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I love the idea of doing abstracts and unusual approaches to the photos. I like your idea of doing 2 as a diptych (is that the correct spelling??).

Its great to be free in approach when you feel like it. :clap: :clap:

ajlec2000
06-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Great wood grain. You'll have to hinge it to make it a true diptych but I'll wait.
Heh, kidding.
Great idea, well executed. Would love to capture that texture myself.