PDA

View Full Version : WDE 12th June_WIP_ Take Time ......

Mo.
06-12-2004, 08:37 PM
To smell the flowers..... Some time since I took part in the WDE, so nice to be back and having fun.
This is a first in a couple of ways for me, a first in ploughing straight in without sketching the outline shapes, and a first trying to be impressionistic...what a laugh :D.
This pic really grabbed my attention, I can see loads of errors here,and the pic looks a bit darker than it really is....but overall I'm pleased in how it's developing, I blurred the pic even more than it is, blew it up large and then went in with rough shapes of colour, hopefully I'll finish it, but a bit busy this coming week with other paintings.
Size about 14 x 10 on mount board primed with Art Spectrum, Caran D'ache water soluble oil pastels used up the full two hours so far.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2004/5154-WDE_12th_June_WIP.jpg
Thanks Lisilk for all the wonderful pics. I've grabbed a couple of extras for later.:)

Mo.

Europa
06-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Welcome back Mo - I have only ever once 'dived' straight in without a sketch - isnt it great fun - think you have done great with this - look forward to seeing it finished.

Pat

lisilk
06-12-2004, 08:48 PM
So glad you joined in today. My sister will be thrilled. It's her first time " modeling" for me. LOL.

I can't wait to watch how you develop this. Wonderful start with those rich colors !

sundiver
06-12-2004, 08:50 PM
I really like what you have so far, Mo. It is an impressionistic, summery, Monet-type painting...I like the flowers and the light and shadow on the hat especially.

Dyin
06-12-2004, 08:51 PM
cool Mo!!! Glad to see another OP...and without a sketch..yay girl! coming out great...will be watching for the update...mine's not done either...I'd say you're getting the Impressionistic look , was it fun???? :D

Kathryn Wilson
06-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Yay, Mo.! I was hoping someone would do that one - not me, of course, glad it was you - :D

I would say you achieved all you set out to do on this so far - can't wait to see more.

MKathleen
06-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Mo, great to see you back and having fun participating in a WDE.
This is a first in a couple of ways for me, a first in ploughing straight in without sketching the outline shapes, and a first trying to be impressionistic..
I love the colors they just vibrate, sometimes you just have to say what the heck and 'plough' right into a painting. The results can be very rewarding for the artist sole.

Mo.
06-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks one and all, Pat, indeed it was great fun, fun to relax and do your "thing" you know? :D, Lisilk, not sure what your sister will make of this, don't show it to her, not yet anyway.:)
Hi Wendy, Monet type... hehehe... trying girl, thanks for compliment...
sue thanks, yes it's been a load of fun so far, I felt so relaxed doing this one, hah! have to finish it though so may have to eat my words.
Thanks Kat, just hope I can finish it off as I intended without getting bogged down by detail.
Kathy, you are so right in what you say, plough right in and hope for the best, it's a sort of release and so god for the soul. Thankyou.

Better get to bed, it's 2.15.a.m here, be back tomorrow to see all the other wonderful works here.
night,
Mo.:)

Drumbeat-trish
06-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Oh Mo -DOOOOOOO finish it when you get a chance -its a real stunner !!!!!!!

morendo
06-12-2004, 10:56 PM
It has greatness in it.

prestonsega
06-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Well I hope your happy!!! After seeing this, Dakota Pastel's probably going to have an increase in their profits this week!!! I want a set of water solubles! :D .

....free spirited colors and feeling....beautiful! :clap:

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 01:29 AM
Mo. I'm liking what you are doing with this. I think you are achieving your impressionistic look and your colors are coming along nicely. Will check back later to see what else you do with it.

Deano
06-13-2004, 02:32 AM
Hi, Mo. This is coming along great. The complementary colors have that impressionistic vibration. Solid drawing for just jumping in and going for it. :clap: :clap:

Mo.
06-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Oooh thanks everyone, will try and get it finished today if poss..... Ooops...sorry Preston, :p :D.

Mo.

YYcat
06-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Mo, I love this, the colors are so bright and sunny. :clap:

Dark_Shades
06-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Wow, this sure looks great, and very different for you Mo ....... looks like you had fun and enjoyed it...... good one.... really like the style

Precious Mazie
06-13-2004, 06:28 PM
How beautiful! :clap: :clap: This is one that I saved off for later. I hope I can do half as well!

Mo.
06-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Thankyou Joanna, Dawn and Mazie, yes I am having fun with this one, a bit out of my box I agree, but then that's why the WDE's are so great it gives you the opportunity to try something different to norm, to relax and have a bit of fun. I didn't have chance to complete the painting today only managed to put in another hour and a bit, now I'm starting to be fiddly, fatal I guess :p I'm working over the underpainting now with OP's, pleased about how the hat has turned out, unhappy about the outstretched arm, I realise that this is because I didn't do an initial drawing, so will make the best of a bad job at the same time trying not to get bogged down by detail, I want to keep it lively, loose and impressionistic. (praying) ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2004/5154-wde_12th_june_02.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mo.

cmwynn
06-14-2004, 06:21 PM
You really got the impressionist look - hope you don't get too bogged down in details now. And water-soluble oil pastels. Whatever? Do you get them wet or do you wet the paper? So much to learn and WDE is a fun place to see new things.
Connie

geminidream
06-15-2004, 04:35 AM
very great Mo, I think you got all three, it looks very lively loose and impressionistic(sp?) wonderful peice :clap: :clap: :clap:
my first time back in a while too, feels so great to be back. and so fun to try new things , I realy am liking your painting :D geminidream

lisilk
06-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Very impressionist- fits the subject beautifully. The hat is gorgeous as is the whole treatment of the light. Looking forward to the next update.

Charlie's Mum
06-15-2004, 05:46 PM
I do admire the really strong contrast in your light and shade - very dramatic!
Like the use of the complementaries too. Super painting - notwithstanding your dislike of the arm - could always stick a leaf in front of it!!!!!!!! :D
:clap: :clap: :clap:

lorna12
06-18-2004, 02:25 AM
I almost missed this one way on the 2nd page and I'm so glad I didn't!!

This is beautiful!! I think you did a great impressionistic painting and I just love those vibrant shadow colors! Well done!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

guilliame
06-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey Mo,i like this one lots,love the way you have zeroed in on the woman and these flowers,great colours too,i know when you start in with the finishing touches it will be super :clap: :D