PDA

View Full Version : 1st WDE 12th June - Beautiful Kayleigh ...

Dark_Shades
06-12-2004, 07:58 PM
.... what wonderful photo's Lisilk ... thank you for posting them, there are many I would love to try.... the results of all those Ive seen that have posted are all brilliant to boot ...... excellent images..... spoilt for choice....... but having seen your beautiful daughter..... I just had to try her.... she is so lovely .....

Well my first WDE and its now coming up for 1am in the morning... ha ha ha..... so I only worked an hour and half..... would of loved to work on this more... which I will do tomorrow, and thoroughly enjoyed it - thank you

..... Art Spectrum 9 x 12" .... Pastels and Pastel Pencils ..... Nightime pic

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2004/12116-Kayleigh2.jpg

Kathryn Wilson
06-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey, Dawn - when I saw these photos, I thought of your doing one - now here you are! Great start on this - definitely has your stamp on it already.

lisilk
06-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh Yeah Dawn ! I was so hoping someone would do her. She is my beautiful grand daughter and she's a charmer.

I have always admired your gorgeous portraits and this is already a wonderful start. Can't wait to see her finished.

morendo
06-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Wow. The prismatic colors in the face are powerful. Nicely done.

theIsland
06-12-2004, 08:08 PM
WOW. A real jaw-dropper. Only two hours to produce that???? Those eyes, that light, all that color... this is gorgeous!

Noma

Europa
06-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi Dawn and welcome to your first WDE - you are now officially hooked....lol.

Love the use of colour and you have really captured the little girls expression.

Pat

Mo.
06-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey Dawn, good to see you taking part at long last.:D
I thought of you when I saw this pic, it's the eyes again,;)... love what you've done so far.

Mo.

MKathleen
06-12-2004, 09:06 PM
:D Hey Dawn Welcome to your first WDE and I hope we'll see you often. Oh this little one is so pretty you captured this little one so well. I bet Lisilk will just love this or maybe she has seen it already (haven't read the posts).
Great to see ya here! :clap:

Dyin
06-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Dawn, yep...the second I saw the invitation I thought too bad Dawn doesn't make it to the WDEs...this one is MADE for her! Great job and glad you're enjoying it! :clap:

Drumbeat-trish
06-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Dawn, yep...the second I saw the invitation I thought too bad Dawn doesn't make it to the WDEs...this one is MADE for her! Great job and glad you're enjoying it! :clap:
Now come on -I bet you girls over in pastels twisted her arm eh? ;) and if so glad you did :) Beautiful beautiful beautiful !!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sundiver
06-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Oh, man, can this girl do portraits :clap: :clap: :clap:
I don't know how you see all those colors, but I'm sure glad you do!

Celia
06-12-2004, 10:03 PM
What a lovely fanciful portrait....... the colors really add to the interest and aldo bring depth and texture to the mix..........

celia

dabblerdot
06-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Oh WOW !!! I feel like my eyes have been newly opened as I opened this post. What a delightful interpretation of this beautiful child ! :clap: :clap: :clap: I wasn't able to open the attached people images, so this is a double treat ! Dawn, I'm so very glad to make your aquaintance !!

prestonsega
06-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Dawn...Dawn...Dawn.. WOWOWOW.....I don't know what to say but :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Dawn, wonderful start. You are truly capturing this little beauty. Her skin tones are marvelous and her eyes are to die for.

Will check back to see what else you do. Truly love it.

Deano
06-13-2004, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the WDE, Dawn. OOOh...dem dere eyes! Beautiful. Love those unexpected colors in the face...just the right values to fit. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Precious Mazie
06-13-2004, 01:53 PM
What a beautiful start! In only half an hour amazing!

Dark_Shades
06-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Ohhhhhh .... Ohhhhh lol, thank you alllllllll so much, for all your lovely comments..... Ha Ha..... I actually blushed reading them :o :D

..... Im not sure if you are supposed to post updates or not ..... Ive worked some more on this today ....... still loads to do ...... am currently working on the right side of the head/hair and ear

..... Ive been in a real slump about my art..... and just wanted to say again, thank Lisilk for posting the images...... am thoroughly enjoying this

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2004/12116-Kayleigh2.jpg

lisilk
06-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes Yes, keep posting until you are done and....

Wow !!! She's so beautiful ! You are the master ! I just love your style. ( Bowing. )

:clap: :clap:

SweetBabyJ
06-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Oh Dawn! You've really got something here- lovely colours in the skin, and you've not only got the eyes- you've made that little mouth so very expressive!!

Yep- surely looks like you're enjoying your "slump"; wish my slumps were half as productive.

Charlie's Mum
06-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Well, it's nice to see you over here!
Sorry I missed this ref pic last night because she's a little beauty - and you're painting her so gorgeously! :clap: :clap:
Now you are with us in the AMAE forum, please stay! :)

cmwynn
06-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Totally stunning. This a lesson on using color carefully, but with freedom. Please come back again.
Connie

Dark_Shades
06-13-2004, 07:25 PM
* blush.... *blush ..... lolol Lisilk ... your grandaughter is the beauty .....
..... thank you all so much :) .... you are obviously all a great bunch of people .... all so kind and friendly ...... will definately be back for another WDE sometime... just not sure when :(
.... I hope I will be able to finish this soon, as am off on holiday for a couple of weeks :D at the end of this one

Ive been so impressed with all the artwork Ive seen for this WDE .... all amazing

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Gorgeous! I think everything I want to say has been said! :clap: :clap: :clap: Nicole

artbyjune
06-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!! :clap: :clap:

ajlec2000
06-15-2004, 12:13 AM
That was a great reference pic wasn't it. Such beautiful work has come from it. Thanks for coming by and taking us to school. I'll be studying this one for weeks. Come to more WDEs please.

geminidream
06-15-2004, 04:18 AM
simply amazing, awesome even!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
welcome to wde, and yes please do come back when you can :)
she is beautiful geminidream :)

Dark_Shades
06-17-2004, 03:48 PM
ohhhh thank you for all the new kind comments..... :)

...... lol, I have such a time finding this place :o ..... which is the easiest route?.... I use the home page, then the link to the latest WDE ... then couldnt find myself and ended up checking all the threads started by me ha ha ha :D

..... well Im really running out of time, as going away on Saturday, but soooo wanted to work on this more...... having to call it done, but still want to tweak a little bit more..... her nose, and shoulder, but for the main part its finished.... dont intend doing anymore to the background .... its an evening pic so perhaps not the best ..... maybe I can find time and repost in daylight...... can you tell Im panicking lol

Thanks once again Lisilk for posting such a beautiful image to work from, along with all the other images.... will work on others at some time, and for all you wonderful folks that have been so very kind, friendly and welcoming to my first WDE, its been most enjoyable..... and will definately try to join in again

bye, bye ....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jun-2004/12116-Kayleigh5.jpg

MKathleen
06-17-2004, 04:40 PM
lol, I have such a time finding this place ..... which is the easiest route?.... I use the home page, then the link to the latest WDE ... then couldnt find myself and ended up checking all the threads started by me ha ha ha
Hi Dawn:
Couple ways you can mark this forum as a subscription or subscribed forum. Go to Forum Tools at the top of this page and click on 'Subscribe to this forum'. Once you do that go up to 'My WC' at the top lt. side of this page and this forum will be listed there. Then all you have to do is go to 'My WC' and any forum you subsribe to will be listed. Saves me a lot of time with my Moderator duties I have all my forums listed.
Another way is to use the Forum Jump which is located near the bottom of the page on the rt hand side. Just click of Forum Jump then scroll down until you see All Media Art Events Forum.
Hope this helps
Wonderful soft pastel work on this little one, I'm an admirer of your work. :)

Dark_Shades
06-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Ohhh thank you on all accounts Kathy :) .... thought I would wander over here again.... and still had to do it the hard way :p .. .... couldnt seem to find the subscribe to etc....... but it is nearly 1am here ha ha, and should be tucked up in bed, obviously Im tired hee hee ... but I did find the forum jump..... so thank you :) .... can pop in more often now

lorna12
06-18-2004, 01:46 AM
What a beautiful portrait you have done of the lovely little Kayleigh! You've captured her expression so well and I love the colors you used to do it.

Hope we'll see you again at the WDE's now that you can find your way!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

katju
06-18-2004, 12:36 PM
I missed last weekend but am glad I checked your thread. So great to have you Dawn. I know you've heard this all before, but you did a Super job on this little girl. I love doing portraits and you have done an incredible job. You've got the likeness and a very fresh style...Count me as a new fan! :clap: :clap:

Kathy

(hope this weekend helped get you out of your slump. This forum is a great place for encouragement and motivation ;)

guilliame
06-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey DS,glad to see you over here,i#m with you tho if i lose this thread from my history it is the hardest thread to get back to there doesn't seem to be an easy way i went to search lol

Well you never disappoint it's a stunner,love the eyes :clap: :clap: :D