PDA

View Full Version : WDE 6/12 Dry Arroyo

pjo
06-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi all, not my most successful WDE. I spent about 1 1/2 hours with many interruptions, and feeling somewhat discombobulated (don't know if thats a real word or one of my own invention). Anyway, pastel on wallis about 12 X 18. Really haven't touched the foreground, rocks, much yet. Off to look at some of the others.

Kathryn Wilson
06-12-2004, 07:01 PM
PJ this is going to be stunning when you get more time to work on it - great start - lovely colors!

lisilk
06-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Not sure why you are disappointed PJ. Looks like a great start. You captured the perspective of the creek nicely, the touch of warm drybrush colors amounst the growing shadows, and the distant mountains. Keep going, this is going to be nice ! ( Love working on Wallis. )

Europa
06-12-2004, 07:16 PM
PJ - have to agree - you have made a great start despite the interruptions.

(I use discomnobulated myself......LOL)

Pat

Dark_Shades
06-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Well if discombobulated means turning out work like this and with all those interuptions..... I wouldnt worry ...... its a beauty :clap: :D

theIsland
06-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Ah, the challenge of painting through the interuptions of a busy weekend! I was lucky this week - I only had to do laundry during my two hours. Oh, and clean off the cat and floor after she walked through my pallette. Yellow kitty prints everywhere. :) It looks like you you've gotten off to a great start here, in spite of it all. There is such a wonderful sense of depth to this piece, which will only intensify when you work on the foreground more. I love that sky, and the bits of warm color peeking through the blue on the mountain. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Noma

morendo
06-12-2004, 08:13 PM
A peaceful solitudinous place. I like the sprinkling of red and the background mountain that you have pushed back.

sundiver
06-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Pastel is the perfect medium for this image. You might be feeling discombobulated (I use that word a lot; don't know where it comes from), but your painting isn't! There's a lot of depth already- I like the background- and the colors are lovely. I look forward to seeing your finished result.

Dyin
06-12-2004, 09:46 PM
shoot, it's just as good as I thought it would be...will be fantastic finished! I'm trying a crop of this....ha! Now THAT'S discombobulated!!!! :p

Drumbeat-trish
06-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Lovely gentle peace to this -heck -its downright lovely :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deano
06-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Nice depth already...and I love those strong colors...it'll be a beaut!!! :D

dabblerdot
06-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Very three dimensional already !! May I assume its soft pastels (not OP's )? I really like the bold strokes and intense colours- amazing amount of work despite kitty distractions. I'm looking forward to the ongoing posts of this ! :clap:

hopefulbucky
06-13-2004, 01:09 AM
PJ, I should do so well being discombobulated (or however you spell it) LOL. I love the soft colors you have achieved, your mountains are wonderful and well as the rough landscape. Good job.

Mo.
06-13-2004, 08:36 AM
You've sure packed a lot in for 2 hours, the colours are wondeful, especially like the sky and mountains, there's a lovely peaceful ambience about this. Very well done! :clap: :clap:
Mo.

cmwynn
06-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Luscious colors already.
Connie

zardoz
06-13-2004, 07:07 PM
and feeling somewhat discombobulated (don't know if thats a real word or one of my own invention).

it is a real word. My daughter had to look it up after i used it on her. if I remember correctly it means to be disoriented and slightly off center basically to be in a confused state .

I like what you've done here

prestonsega
06-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Interruptions....sometimes so difficult to get back into the zone....I applaud you for your "stictuitivness" (bet that ain't in the dictionary) Have you considered painting a "BEWARE OF ARTIST" sign? :)

The finished piece is going to be worth the wait! :clap:

pjo
06-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I'm hoping to work on this some more in the next few days and will repost then.

Zardoz - I'm so glad to know this is really a word. The definition is perfect for how I was feeling, as a matter of fact it may be my middle name.

Dabblerdot - This is soft pastels, I still haven't tried oil pastels, but maybe on another WDE, I'll give them a try.

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 09:20 AM
This looks beautiful 0 can't wait to see an update!
~Nicole

Precious Mazie
06-14-2004, 02:39 PM
I think this is a beautiful painting! :clap: :clap:

E-J
07-09-2004, 12:28 PM
PJ, this is great! Sorry to come to it so late in the day ... I tried this image too and it's suddenly occurred to me that I never got to see anyone else's version. Nice going!

Charlie's Mum
07-09-2004, 03:51 PM
This really is very nice so far! Lovely sense of distance and good textures - smashing! :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

katju
07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi PJ,

I don't know where I was on 6/12 but glad I got to see this. Beauty...love the perspective, composition, how you laid down chunks of color. Very, very nice. :clap:

Kathy