PDA

View Full Version : Help

Loxley
09-24-2001, 08:45 PM
New to Wet Canvas message boards and love them so far, I would love to show some of you just one little piece of my work so someone in the world sees it and gives me an opinion. Do I just up load it, and how do I make sure it comes to this massage board. Thanks loads you guys, and love to look at your work, it is a piece of your heart and soul you know. :angel:

arourapope
09-24-2001, 09:23 PM
Hey! Welcome to wc!
There are a couple of ways to do this. The way that I know is to load it your piece onto the site. Go to the little link thingies at the top of the page and click on the one that says "uploader." That will allow you to load the image from your computer. Make sure it's a jpeg and of a relatively small size. I generally shrink mine down in Photoshop so that they are about a 3x5 image at 72 dpi. Once it's shrunk down you can "save it for web", thereby saving your original image in the original size if you need it for later use. Don't use any spaces or strange characters in the title of your jpeg either. Then you can load it up, and the screen will give you a message with an html line, containing the title of your image, that you can cut and paste unto your message.
Hope this helps! I find it tough to explain things sometimes, so this may be no clearer than mud. Hope I did okay!
Again, welcome to wc. And have fun!
Aurora

jerryW
09-25-2001, 07:34 AM
Or you could use the browse button for a simply named jpeg file on your computer as I just did.