PDA

View Full Version : Tower

sassybird
09-24-2001, 06:54 PM
This was built from the foundation up, full construction, cutting, gluing and then painted. All 4 sides have a different set of shapes and lines, but when they meet up to those on either side of it the pieces all line up. It was constructed out of 4 ply museum board, and I used an archival fabric glue.

paintfool
09-24-2001, 07:20 PM
I like it sassy! What an interesting piece! How tall is it?
Cheryl

reynolds
09-25-2001, 12:44 AM
:clap: wow there was a lot of planning in that piece. the way that all of the angles come together is nothing short of dazzling.
i am impressed with the depth of your knowledge across mediums. in time, one creation at a time, i hope to get there. did you see a something that inspired this piece?

sassybird
09-25-2001, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by reynolds
:clap: wow there was a lot of planning in that piece. the way that all of the angles come together is nothing short of dazzling.
i am impressed with the depth of your knowledge across mediums. in time, one creation at a time, i hope to get there. did you see a something that inspired this piece?

Thank you, reynolds. This piece stands apprx. 10.5 to 11" tall.
The top is 4x4" and each side is 4" The only section without any pattern is the bottom. There are 4 to 6 layers in places and that would make it unstable.

Just keep experimenting and you will get where you want to be. To experiment frequently is healthy for an artist in my mind. It keeps us active and on our toes visually. I got the idea for this piece from looking at puzzle pieces.

impetuous
09-26-2001, 05:26 AM
wow sass, you are so full of ideas!
i like the way thta the pieces seem to come to a point.
in light of recent tragic events i actually found this piece quite poignant, the shard like shapes and the colour.

Leaflin
09-26-2001, 03:15 PM
I really like this Sass.
There is a lot of detail and planning in it.
I like how it is going in all different directions yet it comes back in harmony with itself.
Well done.

colorme
09-30-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by sassybird

To experiment frequently is healthy for an artist in my mind. It keeps us active and on our toes visually. I got the idea for this piece from looking at puzzle pieces.

I agree w/ you sassy, i love your tower:) thanks for posting.

T-Rex
10-06-2001, 03:43 PM
Ditto....besides experimenting keeps you young:) ....great piece Karen:)