PDA

View Full Version : My Feeling

Free2bu
09-24-2001, 06:21 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2001/My_feelings.jpg

This is a small painting that sums up my feelings. I think it speaks for itself.:crying:
Thanks for looking

jerryW
09-24-2001, 06:41 PM
I think it is a great symbolic composition for these times.
the shapes go with eachother nicely, and figure is seductive and vulnerable, and I am getting used to the flag.

we moderns do confuse feelings, and thoughts though.

really there are only good feelings, bad feelings and indifferent feelings. the rest of what we call feelings are complexes of thought, memory and body sensations (recalled and actual).

as far as feelings go,
I feel good about this painting.
I feel bad about what made you portray a vulerable body with the flag flounced nearby.

Luvy
09-24-2001, 07:20 PM
Think it expresses the way alot of us felt Stripped betrayed vulnerable and very sad. I think you got it all there *S* Very moving piece. :crying: Saving it to show friends

glowbug
09-24-2001, 08:31 PM
This figure is interesting in that it is tied up in an impossible knot.....
I looked at it for a long time.
I don't know if you were aiming for anatomical correctness. I drew it out, but don't know how to post, but Milt could show you better than me.
In anycase, maybe distorted and closed-in is right for this theme.

Free2bu
09-24-2001, 08:42 PM
I know this painting is off anatomically but what I was going for was the feeling and emotion rather than detail. I was trying to convey the feeling of vulnerability, therefore the "self protection" pose which by the way is not an impossible pose, just difficult. Ha!
Thanks for the critique though, I really appreciate it.

Impulse
09-24-2001, 09:42 PM
it manages to communicate
some elements of fear
and exposure and inadquacy
of protection with tinges
of humility in the posture

tough feelings... tough times

ArtyHelen
09-25-2001, 06:23 AM
It speaks for itself very eloquently. :crying:
Thanx for sharing.

Helen

Free2bu
09-25-2001, 05:45 PM
Thank you everyone, especially Impulse, that's it exactly!!!!

Luvy
09-28-2001, 09:46 PM
I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find this post again. I just had to come back and check it out. It's just as moving ast the first time I saw it and it's been days now. Very very good. Wish I had this talent to convey my feelings. You did a great job of it.

I just tried that pose and I still can do it LOL But I'm still pretty flexible for an old broad. *S*

pampe
09-28-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by jerryW

as far as feelings go,
I feel good about this painting.
I feel bad about what made you portray a vulerable body with the flag flounced nearby.

amen to that....jerry

it is a lovely, well-executed, thoughtful work:D

Pam

Mud Mixer Linda
09-28-2001, 10:46 PM
She may be hurt, but her eyes say she's going to get even.

Free2bu
09-29-2001, 10:11 AM
You've all made me feel so good!!! This painting was very important to me and painted with my heart and passion that I haven't had in a while. When I first joined this website someone told me that I had no idea what a huge favor my art teacher did by recommending it, how true.
Thank you so much.
Toby