PDA

View Full Version : WDE June 5 red truck FINAL - arrival :)

stonewhiteclown
06-11-2004, 03:13 AM
Yippee, I've finished!
Now, choose your glass :angel: (And I've choosen the bottle anyway :evil: )

OPs 9x12"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2004/30926-redwine4progr.jpg

theIsland
06-11-2004, 09:32 AM
<raises glass in a toast to Alex>
Looking good, Alex! I especially like how the light shines through those leaves. Good drawing on that cutting board. I didn't think I could draw the handle end, so I just cut it off in mine :) I like your decision to make the tablecloth a light green, instead of a blinding white like in the photo. Makes me want to go out and buy a green tablecloth. :)

And I thought no one would notice the weeds in our driveway. ;)

Noma

Deano
06-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Way to go, Alex. I'll drink to that. The sun coming through the leaves is great. Very good drawing and attention to detail. :clap: :clap:

Chiers
06-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Very nice! I am amazed when I see someone can handle op"s like this. I hope you plan on sharing that bottle. ;)

Charlie's Mum
06-11-2004, 05:00 PM
You've turned up trumps here Alex!
Nice, sunny atmosphere - just a lovely invitation to drinks on the terrace!
I'd like to know how you managed the fine line drawing for the glasses with OPs - did you scrape out? :clap: :clap:

katju
06-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Nice job, Alex. Very colorful and the glasses are especially crisp and delicate. :clap:

Kathy

sundiver
06-11-2004, 10:06 PM
:clap: :clap:
I especially like the stemware with its purple reflections.

stonewhiteclown
06-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Noma, Deano, Maureen, Sherry, Kathy and Wendy, thank you for encouragement and kind words! Without your support I didn't have guts to continue with this piece.

Sherry, sure we have enough for everyone! Let's see - the bottle is still intact :)

Maureen, I reserved whites in first place, I think it would be impossible for me to do thin lines like that on top of colour. I used stomps for fine detail on glasses. Initially I've laid white where it actually meant to be because it's much better to scrape to it rather then to paper in case of error.

I just recall what a funny thing happened to me with this. At one short time I thought I cannot mess up opposite side of a glass - see, pastel simply wouldn't touch it! I woked up from that illusion just in time to have a good laugh of it instead of a bitter correction. That's my 3-D painting :)