PDA

View Full Version : WDE June 5 2004 - A Very Late Truck

theIsland
06-10-2004, 05:58 PM
This is kind of late, but I had to do it anyway, so I'm posting it. It's acrylic on watercolor canvas, 12" x 9". I was closer to 2 1/2 hours on this one.

I always have trouble drawing symetrical objects, so things like wine glasses and bottles are drive me nuts. (I hate to draw! I just like moving pretty colors around. :) ) And I always have trouble with the scale of these particular glasses when I paint them, because they're huge, but not THIS huge. But, drawing aside, the transparency of the glass is better than what I usually do, so I'm happy with it. I could do some more detail work, but I think I'll stop before I ruin it. :)

Noma

Deano
06-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, Noma. I truly love your style. That light is just beaming through the greenery. The values makes everything look so solid and full of volume. Strong, vivid, and sometimes unexpected, color. I like how the very bottoms of the glasses show those strong green and red reflections. Bravo!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cmwynn
06-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Yes. the glasses are out of scale, probably need one bottle each, but so lovely that it doesn't matter. The light throughout is wonderful.
Connie

katju
06-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Luscious, Noma. I'm so glad you posted it. The colors just sing together. :clap: :clap: :clap: That red is beautiful reflecting the sun. :cool:

Kathy

stonewhiteclown
06-11-2004, 08:01 AM
What a feast of colours! :clap: Yes, lighting is great! I love that bottle, frankly! May I take a couple? :evil:
Your objects are pretty symmetrical where it counts! :) It's good to stretch oneself, useful at least. Next time wine glasses for all AMAE gang could be done at ease :D You're invited to see troubled drawing in my shot if you wish ;)
And thanks for WDE, your images are of highest quality!

Chiers
06-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Okay, perhaps your glasses are large but they are beautiful! This is a grand painting Noma. Your paintings are always so perfectly bold as if your paint is saying this is where i belong, leave me alone and go to the next dab!! LOL, I don't know if you know what i mean by that but it creates a fabulous painting. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
06-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Your very distinctive style is easily recognisable Noma - the quality of the painting - colour and brushstrokes superb. Gold stars and clappies! :clap: x10

We can buy huge glasses like this over here, so their size doesn't bother me in the least! (I keep suggesting to my husband that we acquire some!!!!!!)

I've stored this photo for my next pic - to go with the tomatoes for our kitchen! (and the cherries!)
And I liked the comment by Chiers about the strokes 'belonging' - they do! :D

sundiver
06-11-2004, 10:14 PM
I just love your painting style! This one's another winner.. the glasses, the plant, everything!
And now we know what a great photographer you are too. :clap:

lorna12
06-12-2004, 02:02 AM
"And now we know what a great photographer you are" (Wendy said)

Yes...I think I see you in the reflection of the bottle!! This is absolutely fabulous!!! Sherry was right on about the colors belonging....This just sings :music:

This is one of the many I have saved, though I doubt I could do it the justice it deserves, as you most certainly have!

I do have these large glasses....hold darn near half a bottle each...no point in getting up and down for more if you don't have to!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2004/11613-Awinkngrin.gif

WELL DONE :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

theIsland
06-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Thank you all very much for your comments. :) :)
Sherry, that's about the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my paint application. Thank you!

Noma

lisilk
06-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Wow Nome, your colors are so clean and bright and the glass and all the textures look fabulous. Beautifully done !

Fantastic photo's you posted ! Thank you again for hosting !

dabblerdot
06-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Oh my Goodness !! Or should I say Oh My, You're GOOD !! This is so rich and full-bodied (and I'm not talking about the wine but I could be!). Absolutely scrumptious and satisfying ! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Maybe it's a bottle of ice-wine-it comes in tiny very expensive bottles and looks like your bottle could be one. (Though maybe the title would have to be changed to Red Snowmobile" instead of Red Truck!) Wonderul work, as usual, Noma ! :)