PDA

View Full Version : Still Life With Sticks

themanda
06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
well, clare...you were right. i enjoy a good still life. (gasp!!!!!)

i'm finding that these are really helping me to work on shadowing and on loosening my strokes up. whoda thunk it? i'm also flooded in at home today, so i'm making the most of a free day. :)

john baron saw this an immediately said it was creepy. i don't think it is, so much, but i guess i can see his point. he wanted me to add a lizard skeleton.

Michael
06-10-2004, 02:04 PM
I like it!

I think John Baron is right...A lizard skeleton would be perfect!! :D

Cronious
06-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Glad to indpire you. Still lives are really cool.

I like your spooky branches you are really flying

Go on listen to your designer add a skull or too.

Love where you are going

Take care Amanda

Chiers
06-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Great excersize Amanda. Doesn't look spooky to me though. A live lizard on a branch would be cool. As far as shadows go, that branch should be casting some. A good way to see where you want to put shadows in a picture , this one for example, put a bent stick in a bottle/glass/etc. Shine a flashlight on it from the direction you want your light to come from. Then see where the shadows fall. Just a real quick and easy.....

Jet
06-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Lizard skeleton rox..
great composition and choice of colors...

What about some shades,http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2004/27782-smilie_fluester.gif mon cherie amie

:cool:

Ceu
06-11-2004, 08:13 PM
I like it just as it is. but my son says it would look cool with a cows head skull.
He thinks a lizard would be lost in the branches :confused: anyway that is he thoughts. it's great work:)

lemonbird
06-11-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree with Chiers, there is something subtle missing and I believe it is the cast shadow of the stick onto the wall. Other than that I think it looks great!

nytefall
06-12-2004, 06:20 PM
i love the lizard skeleton idea!! it would go with this perfectly. love the shape of the branches and the colors :clap: