PDA

View Full Version : finished

shrinkinviolet
06-10-2004, 03:06 AM
I think that I am about finished with this. Or at least I am ready to turn it to the wall for a few months. C&C invited. I'm sorry that the photo turned out so blurry.
Judy
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jun-2004/18123-cape_boats_5.jpg

Marty C
06-10-2004, 05:41 AM
Hi Judy,
This has turned out a warm inviting piece with the palette you have used, the foreground boat is great the way it points into the work and draws the eye to the other boats.

Maybe something to note for next time, is that after the eye is drawn in deeper, we come to the darker boat, very attention grabbing colour, which in turn points out of the work with its diagonal set up, and here the viewer is in danger of exiting the work. Better to have this boat point to the right, setting up an S path deeper into the work.

A small point I guess, otherwise, good work.

shrinkinviolet
06-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Thank you Marty,
That is something that I wouldn't have thought of. I will be more careful of it the next time. That one boat gave me so much grief!
Judy

Tanilba
06-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi Judy

I enjoyed viewing your painting, such a peaceful work. well done, and thankyou marty for the art lesson on composition.
Happy Painting glenda

LisaArt
06-11-2004, 01:36 AM
Oh Judy, I really do love this. :clap: Such a warm palette and i love the placement of all the row boats. I really like how you used that light lilac(purple) colour in your sky, water and in your boats. A real gem

shrinkinviolet
06-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Thank you Lisa and Tanilba. Marty, turning this boat around was a matter of readjusting some angles. Soooo, here it is and you were right. I had considered heading the boat inward while sketching. It didn't seem to work then but I like it so much better now.
I'm leaving for a few days in a couple of hours so I'd better try to go to sleep again. :( I'm going to be flying on caffene.)
Judy
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jun-2004/18123-cape_boats_5.jpg

ripvanblair
06-11-2004, 05:38 AM
Very nice the amennded one seems warmer somehow--------well done-------Alan