PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Girl...Done in Painter

LadyAlba
06-10-2004, 02:57 AM
Have been working on this for days now it is my oldest granddaughter and I had to get it looking like her before posting! LOL also the reference photo.

Jet
06-10-2004, 03:55 AM
Lovely,
i liked the look in her eyes besides all the rest.

Great

Regards

justjean
06-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Lovely painting of a lovely g/daughter Lady A, :)

Michael
06-10-2004, 12:23 PM
WOW...What a fabulous piece!!!!

You really do have an eye for detail, and it is showing here. I would have liked to have seen a bit more contrast, darker shading, lighter highlights, but that really would be nit picking.

I think anyone would be proud to get that from you :D Besides, you had a great subject to work with.

LadyAlba
06-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Jet....Thank you ;o)

Jean ....Thank you ;o)

Michael....Thank you ;o) I know what you mean about the highlights I felt the same way after posting it is funny how it looks just the way you want it in the program and then when you upload you find it needs more. Some day I will learn to view in the browser first before uploading.

Thank you for the nice compliment on the subject ....... I agree but then I am kind of partial. rofl!!

Michael
06-10-2004, 12:52 PM
We always tend to lose a bit when we have to make it so small for here. Colors get a bit muddy, details fade into one another and all that kind of good stuff. That is why I try to leave a link to a bigger version of my stuff, well, some of them anyway....LOL

themanda
06-10-2004, 12:56 PM
this is so pretty! she sure is a pretty girl!

you've done a GREAT job on the nose, and capturing the glimmer in the eyes. i really like what you did to the eyes. seems like the cheeks need some devleopment in shadows and some additional highlights. i'm trying to overcome my fear of shadowing...i'm afraid to put the dark colors in. :)

you did a wonderful job on this portrait. you should be proud. :clap:

LadyAlba
06-10-2004, 01:37 PM
this is so pretty! she sure is a pretty girl!

you've done a GREAT job on the nose, and capturing the glimmer in the eyes. i really like what you did to the eyes. seems like the cheeks need some devleopment in shadows and some additional highlights. i'm trying to overcome my fear of shadowing...i'm afraid to put the dark colors in. :)

you did a wonderful job on this portrait. you should be proud. :clap:
Thank you very much Amanda and yes that shadowing is scary LOL especially with a young subject their skin is so fresh .... I find older subjects are alot easier with the shadowing. (I'm less intimidated probably because I can look in a mirror and relate rofl)