PDA

View Full Version : Female portrait - some colour now added

ArtyHelen
09-24-2001, 08:13 AM
Colours are warmer than photo, and eye-whites aren't as white (had to tweak brightness after loading from camera.) Neck and face shape needs slight changes when I add the hair. Also, you can't see some of the really cool details I added in the eyes. :D
I'm pretty happy so far. :) Beginning to like these oily-woilies. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2001/lady3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2001/lady6.jpg

Helen

Impulse
09-24-2001, 08:58 AM
it's hard to believe your model is a magazine!

this is gorgeous -- stunning
thank you for posting progress
you are truly amazing

ArtyHelen
09-24-2001, 09:03 AM
Impulse, you do realise I have to hug you again now? Come to think of it, did I ever actually give you the first hug? Well, have two at once! *hug hug* :D
Thanx!

Helen

wendee
09-24-2001, 09:20 AM
Iam afraid I have to agree with Impulse...lol
the eyes are lovely and have a moist look about them....:D :D :D
cant wait for the next progress pic...Hugs

ArtyHelen
09-24-2001, 09:38 AM
{{{wendee}}} Thank you!! :D

The light has changed here, and I managed to get a pic that shows the colours much more true!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Sep-2001/lady5.jpg

Helen

jerryW
09-24-2001, 10:02 AM
because it has an abstract quality to it in the way large color areas interact I now forgive you for using a magazine.
the way the canvas works as a whole is charming, dazzling; I hope that this abstract quality can be enhanced, or at least preserved if you take it farther which BTW is not necessary

Ginette
09-24-2001, 11:11 AM
Looks like Fran Drescher.
What a great job you're doing. Super likeness!
:clap:

Ginette

ArtyHelen
09-24-2001, 11:24 AM
Hey Jerry, here's a frightening truth - I'm pretty much fresh-from-the-working-from-magazine-pictures stage. :eek: In fact, I'm not long out of the drawing-Freddie-Mercury-1000-times stage either. But my work is taking a much more serious and 'mature' turn lately, so I hope you can forgive me for that, too. :D Hope you'll still like it when it goes wherever it's going. :)

Thanx, Ginette! I don't think it can be Fran Drescher (though I don't know who she is) because this lady was in a computer advert?

Helen

Victor
09-24-2001, 06:51 PM
Hear, Hear, Helen. You really do, do nice work. Those eyes are stunning. not as good as yours but great all the same

:clap:

Victor...

Luvy
09-24-2001, 07:23 PM
Hellen this is great *S* Sure makes a difference what time of day you take the photo doesn't it? I may become a photographer soon *S* Love it

Impulse
09-24-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ArtyHelen
Impulse, you do realise I have to hug you again now? Come to think of it, did I ever actually give you the first hug? Well, have two at once! *hug hug* :D
Thanx!

Helen

ooh man that is nice :D

Ceu
09-24-2001, 10:38 PM
I defenitly love the smile, smirk on her face and the colors are looking great:)

ArtyHelen
09-25-2001, 06:14 AM
Thanx everyone! Your support and encouragement is very much appreciated!!
Victor - you little charmer, you! ;)

I've done her jacket now, but her hair has to spill onto it, so I think I need to wait for it to dry a bit before I continue! :( Don't want to leave it! :(

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Sep-2001/lady7.jpg

Thanx again, folks!

Helen

bobsart
09-25-2001, 01:21 PM
Look'n good Helen:clap:

dollardays
09-26-2001, 09:35 AM
Love those eyes, they are mesmerizing! Can't wait to see the hair! (Also like the skin tones posted in the second picture) Awesome progress in such a short time! Nora

BlossomArt
09-26-2001, 09:44 AM
Wonderful work, Helen! The eyes are lovely and mischevious, and she has the greatest smirk, LOL!!! I love the qualities you brought out in her!

(Is it Dianne Von Furstenburg? Sure looks like her!)

ArtyHelen
09-27-2001, 07:41 AM
Thanx, Bob, Nora and Blossom! :D

I don't know who Dianne Von Furstenburg is, but this lady is just from a mag ad anyway. :)

Helen