PDA

View Full Version : Grassy knoll, Pyrimid, Stonehenge Thing

Michael
06-08-2004, 08:16 PM
I was just playing with brush settings and PS7 and came up with this. And please don't ask me why a Stonehenge arch and a Pyrimid are on a grassy knoll together...I really have no idea :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2004/31740-thatsodd.jpg

Andrew Rance
06-08-2004, 08:27 PM
I think there is some religious symbolism going on here. The grassy knoll is probably what we know as a 'burrow' (ancient burial ground), and they are very prominant in certain parts of England. Spooky!

Michael
06-08-2004, 08:39 PM
OH!! That makes it even better...Maybe it was a subconscious thing...Thanks!!

I forgot to mention earlier, I incorporated a bit of your technique into a piece I did...You can see it by CLICKING HERE (http://www.pbase.com/image/29883047) if you want.

lemonbird
06-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Very nice! The shading is great on the stonehenge arch, but the grass texture is awesome! :)

Michael
06-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks April,
As I said, I was just palying with brush settings, not trying to come up with a masterpiece...LOL

The grass was done with a #134(PS7), With the dynamics shapes, scattering, color and other checked. Also protect texture checked.

The Arch is a #23 chalk brush.

Chiers
06-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Hmmm, have you got a trip in your future?? Very mod painting. I can see it in a large size on the wall of ......?????a hospital?????

JulieBoyles
06-08-2004, 10:43 PM
This is very cool Michael! :clap: :clap: I can hardly ever get the brushes in PS& to do anything for me so I think this is really an accomplishment!!
Oh, and the old man is great!!

Good job,

Julie

flowerfancy58
06-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Probably part of some conspiracy theory:)

Seriously Michael, I do like that grass texture!!

gloria

themanda
06-08-2004, 11:31 PM
And please don't ask me why a Stonehenge arch and a Pyrimid are on a grassy knoll together...I really have no idea :D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2004/31740-thatsodd.jpg

the aliens clearly made you do it. did you take off your foil hat again???

like the texture you got on that pyramid. cool.

Michael
06-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Thank you Ladies!!! :D

Julie, Thanks for looking at the old man...still love doing those photo pieces.

Gloria, Used the Grass brush, but I also used it with four different grades of green!

Amanda, The foil hat was giving me a headache, I think it was the tacks inside it :p

And I would just like to say..THERE IS NO CONSPIRICY!!! Everybody is just in cahoots with each other and they are all against me!!!!

Cronious
06-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Marvelous, a trip into the unexpected.

Lovery work with that grass brush :D

Andrew Rance
06-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Michael - your old man can keep my old men company any day! I can just see them all assembled there on that grassy knoll, in the shadow of the pyramid and stones, performing druid rituals (or whatever it is that old men do!).

Have you posted him to Portraits yet?

Michael
06-09-2004, 12:42 PM
What a great Idea!!!

Thanks Andrew

Freedom's poet
06-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Hmmmmmmm, I see this as a study of men and women and your idea that man (pyramid ....phallic symbol of sorts) likes to be behind the woman (you could take this physically ..hehe or more mentally) (stonehenge....vaginal symbol of sorts) (you could take this physically ..hehe or more mentally) and the grassy knoll represents every man's deep rooted need to be mothered (grass, earth, Mother Earth) I think I have been to way too many galleries openings in Soho....rotfl

I do like this!! :clap:

Susan

Michael
06-09-2004, 01:07 PM
I would like to thank everyone for turning a brush study into an analysis of my psyche! :rolleyes:

I have never felt so mentally refreshed before....Nor have I realised I was in such need of Psychiatric help :D

P.S. You may want to lay off a few of those Soho openings. I here the ones in Greys are much more mentally sound :evil:

Michael
06-10-2004, 01:25 PM
I was messing around with that fractal program, Apophysis, tryingto get a sky for this...and got a fractal I thought might work with it. Now y'all can think I am even more disturbed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jun-2004/31740-thatsoddfractal.jpg

themanda
06-10-2004, 01:52 PM
aw, maaaaan...is it time for the apocylpse right now? i just put a load of towles in the dryer...

LadyAlba
06-10-2004, 02:13 PM
I like this Michael to me it is a meditative piece.......very soothing actually.
:clap: :clap:

Michael
06-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Amanda,
You will have JUST ENOUGH time to get them dry before the world ends...No worries :evil:

Thanks Lady!
I think I am going to do some work on this and see if I can turn it into a real piece. It is still missing a few elements and needs some perspevtive work, but I think I like where this might be headed.