PDA

View Full Version : New self portrait

Chiers
06-08-2004, 07:21 PM
If anyone here saw my last one this will look lots different to you. I just cut my hair off. I was as honest as I could be while painting this and let me tell you, it was pretty painful. It is a fairly close representation of me.

Michael
06-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!

You look good with the short hair!! Don't see why it was painful though :)

Andrew Rance
06-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Its a terrific portrait - they say you should do at least one self-portrait Wish I had the guts to do one of these! :clap: :clap:

lemonbird
06-08-2004, 08:42 PM
looks great! The eyes and necklace really jumped out at me. Very nice job!

Ohioan Artist
06-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Sherry

I didnt have the chance to see your first self portrait, but this is just fabulous. What talent you have.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Love those blue eyes. A person can see the kindness in them.
Iris

flowerfancy58
06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
This is very good Sherry:) I leven ike it better than the first one . Did you use a photo for reference?

gloria

Chiers
06-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

Michael, I guess it's because all my life I looked so much younger than I really was and used to only have one chin. Hee hee, Now, at sixty it has caught up with me and thats pretty hard to face for the length of time it takes to do a self portrait. :(

Thanks Gloria, the first one I did when I was fairly new to digital painting. Yeah, I wouldn't even attempt to do a portrait without a photo, or, a live model. At least of a real person.

Sherry

JCoop
06-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Sherry, I think your self portrait is just wonderful! Nice technique and beautiful shading. You have a lovely face. :)

I'm wondering what how your painting would feel if you carried over the blue hues in your eyes into the background instead of the teal. I guess I just want to see the color in those beautifully rendered eyes repeated somewhere else in the painting... maybe even in the shirt. :confused:

_Lovely Sherry! :clap:

JulieBoyles
06-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Wow Sherry this is great!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I really like everything about it and that necklace. . .WOW! And you look terriffic! Just like I pictured you! :D

Great Job, Congrats,

Julie

themanda
06-08-2004, 11:36 PM
sherry, that's wonderful! you're a very beautiful lady...and you STILL look younger than you are.

great job on the accessories, as mentioned. you did particularly great on the glasses. :) those are tough.

i think it would be a fun idea to start a thread of self-portraits. "portraits of the artists" and we could all just amend ours to it. :) no need to not be brave in a room full of virtual strangers...even seriously friendly ones.

i'd do it! anybody else?

Chiers
06-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Julie, Amanda, thank you! :)
Joel, thank you too. Hee hee, do you believe that as I was painting that background I thought of you and knew you would tell me something similar?? LOL, and yes, you are right. I am just seriously background challenged. I just hate them and instead of redoing when I should I tend to leave them bad. Even though I fully realize what an important part of a painting they really are. Don't give up on me, one day I'll get it......maybe. :D

Cronious
06-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Sherry, Great job, self portraits are not easy, you have done a beautiful job here.

peoplepainter
06-09-2004, 06:53 AM
NEVER EVER have done a self portrait. I would have to fix way too much.

You on the other hand, have nothing to fix. You look great! I always wanted blue eyes.

My favorite part is the way you did the hair. Love the little swatch of grey. It looks very natural.

Perhaps the backround color fights your pretty eyes a bit.

Boy do you look good though. Very nice job.

Jet
06-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Sherry,
that's an excellent piece.. what can i say ?

I hope i live long enough to get that proficient.... :cool:

Regards

Freedom's poet
06-09-2004, 09:43 AM
You are beautiful Sherry and your self portrait is wonderful!! You have amazing eyes!! Fabulous painting! :clap:

Susan

stoney
06-09-2004, 05:28 PM
If anyone here saw my last one this will look lots different to you. I just cut my hair off. I was as honest as I could be while painting this and let me tell you, it was pretty painful. It is a fairly close representation of me.

Very nicely done! Painful? Why? We all come in varying body styes, and ages. Is not the person more important than the packaging or the 'date stamp' of year?

IMO, value comes from within and being comfortable with yourself. I'm sure you're being the best 'you' you can be, and that is all that reasonably can be expected.

stoney
06-09-2004, 05:31 PM
sherry, that's wonderful! you're a very beautiful lady...and you STILL look younger than you are.

great job on the accessories, as mentioned. you did particularly great on the glasses. :) those are tough.

i think it would be a fun idea to start a thread of self-portraits. "portraits of the artists" and we could all just amend ours to it. :) no need to not be brave in a room full of virtual strangers...even seriously friendly ones.

i'd do it! anybody else?

Too early for me. I'm at the 'learning to crawl' stage.

justjean
06-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Sherry this is a beautiful self portrait I'm very impressed with the shading of your face and your beautiful eyes :clap: :clap:

Yako
06-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Well done!...you've done very well! It expressive. Looks like a warm person with a bit of humour (subjective opinion) :clap: :)

nytefall
06-14-2004, 10:04 AM
great portrait!! the eyes really grabbed me :)

Chiers
06-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone! :D I have to confess this makes my eyes bluer than they probably really are. It just depends on the light. At times they are brighter blue, and other times more of a grey blue. I showed it to my daughter and grandkids over the weekend and they told me it made me look older than I am and that I put to much grey in the portrait. LOL, I think we are looking in different mirrors.