PDA

View Full Version : Self Portrait from Life

dollardays
09-23-2001, 10:22 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Sep-2001/selfportpastel.jpg

Critiques, comments welcome. (Rip it apart- I know it's not great)Pastel 17 X 11 on white paper. :)

Nora

jerryW
09-23-2001, 10:44 PM
wrong- it is superb.
you have the plasticity that nathan reed has been getting in his crayon and pastel work, plus the abstraction that dornberg achieves. I would be very happy with this piece!

cleo
09-24-2001, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by dollardays
[B Critiques, comments welcome. (Rip it apart- I know it's not great)Pastel 17 X 11 on white paper. :)
Nora [/B]

Well, My comment is that, you seem to think that someone
should comment on this piece!

I can't think why? Can you?

Skill or tech. is not the problem. But that's
not art!

What is ART? Go figure!

cleo

ArtyHelen
09-24-2001, 08:23 AM
I agree with Jerry, Nora! This is great!
Background is ace with it, too! ;)

Helen

Impulse
09-24-2001, 08:45 AM
excellent - and a nice bit of intrigue

AmyH
09-24-2001, 11:35 AM
the palette is excellent, the expression, very nice. I like the entire "tone" of this piece. well done.

amy

dollardays
09-24-2001, 02:52 PM
Jerry W.: wrong- it is superb.
You are way too kind, Jerry. I'm glad you could see that I was trying for the abstract here. :) A real big departure for me but I always like to try different things!

Well, My comment is that, you seem to think that someone should comment on this piece! I can't think why? Can you? What is ART? Go figure! Cleo
Well, um.. maybe because I wanted an opinion on the light I used, or the background or something. I don't know. Just to post something because it's been really hard for me to do any art lately? Not sure what you're getting at, but that's OK.

Thanks for responding, Helen, Amy and Impulse! I'm finding it hard to concentrate on big projects lately and have gone back to drawing for awhile to relieve stress.

Nora
:)

Victor
09-24-2001, 06:37 PM
Hi Nora,

I don't know what Cleo is saying either but I like this one too. Well done
Do you paint in oils?

Victor

dollardays
09-26-2001, 09:24 AM
I don't know what Cleo is saying either but I like this one too. Well done. Victor

Thanks for your comment, Victor. I have done one painting in oils and started another, but I'm having problems finishing it. The paint dries a little too quickly for me. I guess it's just easier to do what what you're used to. (Drawing, for me) :) Nora

bobsart
09-26-2001, 04:44 PM
I'm not a pastel person so I can't say anything about your technique or comment on the medium. Other than the dreaded "one eye lower than the other one" problem, I see nothing wrong with this piece. I always hate to critique portraits because I might offend not the artist but the model. Who knows , maybe her eye IS assymetrical.....bob:)

giniaad
09-26-2001, 04:57 PM
Nora...
"Houston...this is a ALL SYSTEMS GO!..."
I see nothing wrong with this to pick appart!
wonderful work!

I presume you mean oil pastel?
I work in chalk pastel sometimes...that is why I ask...

and being a self portrait...
I must say that you are an attractive model who is very talented too!

ginia