PDA

View Full Version : Nude Study

themanda
06-08-2004, 12:23 AM
i was inspired by joel's nude, and by bobby's reversal of the nude scholar, and by mike's rendition of curly hair in the hair project thread. i'm not going to say that this is me, because...well, i have fingers. :) this is sort of a very lose self portrait, though. figured it was easier to paint my butt than my face. ;) the hair and the tat are pretty accurate. i'll have to practice painting crazy curls now that i know how to do it.

i was going to post it in the project thread, but decided against it due to the highly stylized and wholly not realistic nudity. plus...i really wanted to 'butt icon' something.

Michael
06-08-2004, 12:27 AM
This is great Amanda...What is the tatoo?

Umm...Wanna talk trampolines? :evil:

Seriously...The hair is great, the tones are dead on...Hmmm...now all I need is a reference pic to compare it too :D

themanda
06-08-2004, 12:31 AM
that hair is tough! the colors kept getting all muddy and swirled around together, and i couldn't make any real definite pieces of hair. but, that is the beauty of the curl...it's not indivdual hairs, it's clumps. once i gave in, it was a lot easier. :) it's gonna take some practice before i'm really totally happy with the result, but the technique shows a lot of promise. AND it works against my neat-neat-neat every pixel in its place type of work. :)

the tat's a lizard, sort of tribal.

peoplepainter
06-08-2004, 02:56 AM
In my dreams I have a butt like that.

Nice job on the shading. Will you be putting in background? I don't think you need much but a shadow to ground "you" would be nice I think.

So I guess you didn't work from life on this unless you are a contortionist. LOL

Nice tratment of the hair too.

Was this PS or Painter?

JCoop
06-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Manda, very nice nude study.

You've done a good job of shading but I would go even brighter with the hilights and darker with the shadows. I would also love to see how you would treat a background in this painting.

Very nice... and brave! ;) Your doing great work!

themanda
06-08-2004, 11:09 PM
no reason to not be brave in a forum like this. it's not likely that i'm going to run into you--or anyone else--in the grocery store or something. and even if i did...would i honestly know it was you??? now, were i shopping for brocolli nude and you saw me from behind as i was...um...floating in the air, you might realize how freakish your world had just become and run away to a dark little corner. :) and you probably wouldn't recognize me anyway.

what's really brave at all is posting ANY type of art. take your work and throw it out there for people to disect as they will. i'm just glad i've got a warm, fertile place to throw it. maybe it'll grow like a mushroom. :)

i don't think i'm going to revisit this piece, but it was interesting. i'd like to focus on the hair again, tho. really want to paint good curls and good frizz.

Michael
06-09-2004, 12:42 AM
I would be upset if you didn't recognize me after you manipulating me!!! :mad:

Cronious
06-09-2004, 05:49 AM
Great work amanda, I think you have captured the back of the figure very well, /my only comment is the your legs look a bit bendy. Great work, your progression is leaving us all behind :D

Freedom's poet
06-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Lovely nude Amanda. :clap: I do agree with Cronious that the legs look a bit bendy though. I wish I still had a figure like that!!! lol Great work!!!

Susan

Luka
08-31-2004, 07:21 AM
i was inspired by joel's nude, and by bobby's reversal of the nude scholar, and by mike's rendition of curly hair in the hair project thread. i'm not going to say that this is me, because...well, i have fingers. :) this is sort of a very lose self portrait, though. figured it was easier to paint my butt than my face. ;) the hair and the tat are pretty accurate. i'll have to practice painting crazy curls now that i know how to do it.

i was going to post it in the project thread, but decided against it due to the highly stylized and wholly not realistic nudity. plus...i really wanted to 'butt icon' something.

I think that it is totally unfair to title the pic, "redhead", and then give us no way to know if she is a true redhead !

:evil:

You know, I think that is actually illegal.

Ok, that's it. I am going to have to officially ban you.

You are hereby banned..... Until you make your next post.

Now see that you keep to it ! Or I'll have to ban you until you make your third next post.

:D

Yako
08-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Very versatile! A nice change to another subject. The tatoo caught my attention...i wonder what is it :) :) :)

furrtig
08-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Luka.. I caught that 'true redhead' remark....funny :D

Manda, great job. You consistently do terrific stuff. I think that you shouldnt have said what the ink was, what with it being covered over a bit by your hair, it gave it an air of mystery. In fact, thats the main thing my eyes were drawn to................no really....what??? :angel: