PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Scumble - 6/7 - 6/14

Kathryn Wilson
06-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Wow, time does fly and another week has gone by. Been busy with Projects coming in and Projects going out today - so I'm a little late in getting this going.

You know the routine - this is for daily posting of what is happening in your life - family, children, pets, birthdays, celebrations, hoorahs and kudos for accomplishments, as well as our daily woes. So post away!

------------

A big hoorah to Sooz' successful Project for May - she did a great job! :clap: :clap:

AKAMorgie (Mary) has posted her June Pastel project which is for both soft and oil pastels - so check it out! :D

I've got an Article and a Project waiting in the wings - just giving these folks some time to gather them together - still looking for volunteers for the fall and winter months. If you've got a good idea and want to give it a try, just PM me and we can talk you through it if you haven't done one before - but let's talk it over first, k?

Looks to be a good week for painting! I might even get a breather from WC to sit down at my easel - :D

Deborah Secor
06-07-2004, 08:41 PM
From last week's scumble:

Dee - great job on that patio. I hope you'll be serving lemonade under an umbrella soon.
B

Mmmmm, well..... it may be a while. We hit a snag. The sand that a neighbor offered to let us have because it's been blocking her gate for, oh, about 6 years now has decided she needs it! I know, I know, it is hers... I shouldn't begrudge her sand that is definitely hers. I'm working on that... Now I have to arrange to either go get a load of sand in our 17-year-old pick-up (need labor, need gas--and lots of it!) or have it delivered (need money, have to wait) before I can go on... I have the whole shebang ready to go but the sand. Soooo, I am learning patience. <gritty smile>

Oh, and Barb, I hope the tendonitis calms down. Take it easy--you're going to be painting a lot next week! (I was so tempted to claim to be in a slump so I could take you up on your offer, but... that wouldn't be right. <drat!> )

Kat, hope you get to paint!!!! We haven't seen much from you lately, so c'mon...... ;)

Deborah

doe
06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
I don't know how you did that quote from last weeks scumble Dee, but if I did I would be thanking people for liking my new house. That's too bad about the sand - it's too bad she won't consider a sand loan, then when you're able to go get sand you could pay her back, if she really NEEDS it.

We'll be having the closing on the new house Monday and on the old house Tuesday - we'll have to have our stuff stay on the truck overnight and leave the dogs at the vets and get a hotel room for one night. Thank goodness I have a little time off! Once I get settled I'll have to post more pix - my painting room is one that overlooks the back yard - our yard backs up to a preserve (we don't call it woods here). Can't wait!

Sorry to hear about the tendonitis Barb. Aleve works for alot of things, hope it helps you.

Happy painting! :)

bnoonan
06-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Aleve has been my help in all of this tendonitis and yes, I'm resting it plenty.

So... have any of you found an old notebook and just happened to come across some old art work inside? Well check these out. I remember being in a bad mood one time and needed to vent it out and Godzilla became my subject matter. Pretty bad!!!

Barb

doe
06-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Actually I really like the first Godzilla alot - he has alot of character and color!

Kitty Wallis
06-07-2004, 09:59 PM
I had a great time this weekend, I taught my new Color Intensive #2, the advanced one. Only 5 showed up which was fortuitous; it meant I could relax and hear more from the students about how it was going. Everyone got into the mood and they became the art class/focus group.

I was teaching how to do skin tones without using fleshtones. :D My style of broken color. I had a lot of new material, some worked, some didn't. I got more ideas and good feedback.

We made plans to get together for brunch in 3 weeks, each with a piece to show and I'll do a slide show of my work with many examples of my ideas about color.

I still feel high from the work we did.

purplelizard
06-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Hello all -

I'm trying to remember everyone, get to know bits and pieces about you all. be patient!

I did the WDE this weekend and posted it in the soft pastels "Summer Bounty" - quite pleased - a "corner turner", meaning I feel like I moved forward in some way.

High anxiety around here - its supposed to be summer break and we've been so busy! Lots of volunteer projects, house projects, camp for kids, etc. Who says teachers have the summer off?:p

I'm giving notice tomorrow about a GIANT mural (50' x 20')project that I've done the past two years for the Christmas service at our church. It was supposed to grow into a community art project. I love the project. But it nearly caused a breakdown between my ears for me last year. So, after much prayer, I'm taking a year off from it and we'll see if people enjoyed it enough to step up and help. Anyone who lives in the Fargo, ND area might know Concordia Lutheran and their Christmas program. We were modeling ours after theirs. (www.hetland.com - "murals") - I feel like I will be letting a lot of people down....but I need my sanity. and it was on a volunteer basis. So, I have a tough morning tomorrow - I have an appointment to talk with director of music ministry about it. (knot in stomach). :crying:

On a much lighter note - I have an 1 1/2 hour massage scheduled after the church meeting! :D And my hubby and I are meeting for lunch. It will be ok.

My daughter who is going into 7th grade just finished band camp and was named "Outstanding Percussionist" - out of about 15 kids in that section. She loves music! We're proud!

Barb, I have carpal tunnel syndrome and some tendonitis - the physical therapist gave me some stretches that I do before and after doing a lot of work (i.e. drawing/painting) - I could try to PM them to you and describe them?! Maybe you've already been down that road....I find them helpful.

Kitty - haven't tried your paper yet ( :o ) But I can relate to your teaching high - I teach art to K-2, and when things click and the students get it, no matter the age, it is worth every aggravation that goes with teaching in a public school. The high will last for a day or more! wonderful! :clap:

And Godzilla is VERY cool - I love fun, spontaneous artistic outbursts!

(oh, and I talk too much!)

happy monday, (almost tuesday!)

Khadres
06-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Dee, I'll just bet the neighbor's hubby came home and said WHAT???? You're giving away my SAND????? That happened to me once when I tried to give away a food dehydrator my hubby didn't even remember he HAD til he saw it going down the drive. Maybe the delay in getting the patio done is so you'll have a bit of time to paint? I know, I know...just trying to look on the bright side for ya. :)

Kitty, sounds like you had a good class! Must be fun when it works out that well. What little teaching I ever did (and never ever again, please!), I found I often learned at least as much as the students did.

Kat, put down those WC! chores and get to painting something fun!

Barb, be careful with that wrist/arm/hand...art isn't that much fun when it hurts!

Doe, good luck with your move! Sounds like a great place you're moving into!

I actually messed around a bit today trying to sketch a doggie....I think I finally fought the poor little critter to a standstill and let him off the easel. Not a very good sketch, but at least it's something and I'll try this one again sometime. Was good to get smudgy fingers again, in any case!

Have a good week, all!

Oops! Forgot to tell Barb I laughed and laughed when I saw the godzillas! They're priceless and look like a fun outlet when things get ya down! Liked the old grey dawg, too!

prestonsega
06-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Kyle...I'll volunteer to be an alternate project leader if you get in a tight...(I'm visualizing a new wireless laptop in my future, now all I need is the means to pay for it)

Dee...My neighbor offered me a load of rocks she dug up in her garden ..she got tired of waiting on me so she dumped the wheelbarrow load in my driveway for me...procrastination can be a good thing....lol

Kyle...You know where that sketch should go!!!! If you don't, ask EJ...lol

Purplelizard...my mom was an educator...she worked harder in the summer months than when school was in session...she couldn't say no to requests from others who assumed she had nothing to do with her vacation time.. (that massage sounds great )

Barb...digging out the old sketch book is a great idea for a thread, maybe a then and now theme (godzilla!!!!! :D ) I'm going to look in the attic for some of mine.

Kitty,...I heard thru the grapevine about a workshop you'll be leading in the late fall.....where would I find the specifics? (Can you pm me a link?)

Doe... moving is stressful enough....but closing on both new and old houses at the same time??....blessings to you!

A long time family friend has taken an interest in pastels. She bought a set of softies and ops....Last friday night was our first "dinner and a sketch" (pot luck) Hoping others will soon join in! It's HOT and HUMID in the deep South...thank goodness for A/C.!!

See ya'll.

DominicM
06-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Read this at work, and half the office thought I had gone mad, cos I was laughing my head off as I read through it.

Barb, Like Godzilla but love the dog..

Be glad you guys/gals know how to use aircon over there, over here in our office it means air conditioner full on but set at 25 degrees C, and ALL the windows open, kind of defeats the point to me... :rolleyes:

bnoonan
06-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Dearest Purple Lizard,

Congratulations on seeing the value of saying no!!! I have been told many times that the flight attendants have the correct message. "Put your own oxygen mask on first so you will be able to help others". It's a difficult message to digest at times when you feel you couldn't possibly let others down but I assure you - taking care of yourself will allow you to help in other projects in the future. The massage sounds just right and a supportive meal with your spouse even better.

As for exercises, I do have some and will bring them out now that I know the severe pain is passed. It's odd - yesterday it was like the whole week of pain never even occurred.

Kitty that size workshop sounds wonderful. Glad it was so successful and that you are finding folks to meet with again in the future. It's a good thing.

Sooz - love the food dehydrater story. It's so typical. Congratulations on your sketching. dip your toes into the water slowly and it will come back in full force, I assure you.

Preston, aren't you lucky to have painting pot lucks. Do you eat what you paint or paint what you are about to eat or some version of that? I just imagine the two of you huddled next to the AC so the oil pastels don't melt. Oh and don't go into your attic on my account. I figure if you go looking in the attic in the heat you'll melt and never be seen again. Though I think it would be a good thread topic.

Dom - opening the windows with the AC on totally defeats the purpose. Hmm...

Godzilla lovers.... Glad I could make you guys laugh and see the finer side of my frustration. It was rather fun and yet stuffed into a book in the closet is the best place for them.

My guest has left today and I'm finally able to pack up some old pastels that are collecting dust (and I don't mean pastel dust) and put them in the ol closet again. Hmmm... It's a wonder they don't all have dog, cat and people fights in there. Maybe I'll let Godzilla run the roost.

:) Barb
Barb

Mary Robinson
06-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Another week, my how time flies when you are busy blowing stuff up :evil: . I spent last week blowing up my system, the power supply which took the motherboard with it. Good thing I'm so geeky. New board is on the way, should be in today, new power supply is working well, just have to see if the power supply did damage to the processor also, I'll find that out when I install the new board. And I started the June project, which you can blame SBJ for :D . I got the idea from her, she'd been pming words back and forth and you'd have to describe what kind of painting you would do. SBJ and I are to meet Mikki for lunch and a trip to Dan'l Smith's tomorrow. We'll take pics and load them up for you :) .

Barb, hope the tendonitis feels better so you can paint in my project :evil:

Wonderful accomplishment for your daughter purplelizard, congrats to her. As to regaining your sanity, I wish you luck (I've been looking for mine for years, but I must be getting old, can't remember where I put it :D ), as for saying no and calling a halt to your participation albeit on a temporary basis, you go girl, perhaps it's just what they needed to get more people involved.

Kyle, thank you so much for all the help with the project, I appreciate it. They moved the links on me, though, I fixed that this morning, removed them altogether and loaded up the images instead.

Dee, good luck with the construction, my hubby has made a wish list of things he wants to do, including a new patio/porch in the front, carport with covering from the house to the garage so his cute little bald head doesn't get wet :evil: . The cost of doing all those things is amazing, and the prices keeping going up. Alright, I'm done blabbering away, if you don't see me for about a week or so, I've gotten lost in the computer parts store looking for replacement parts.

Mary

soap
06-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Barb, so sorry you were in pain! I don't know what tendonitis is (will look it up) but just to say I am sorry for you. And there I was chattering in your inbox! So insensitive....

Nice to read everybody's stories, although I feel I don't really know many of you. I've been away too long!
Deborah - sound like sandy business! What a pain - six years??!
Doe - good luck with the move - always a stressing but exiting time.
Barb- those notebooks look great!! Very angry...LOL...I've got tons in an old box.....
Kitty - he he......skintones........I did not agree with you in another thread.....hope you don't mind.........it's good fun though, creating skincolours without skincolours. It frees the creativity!!
Purplelizard- don't know you yet - nice to meet you! You sound busy indeed. I know all about it, my mother is an elementary school teacher and these months before the summer holiday are always the busiest.
Mary! I wish I was a geek :D.......good for you to be able to fix it like that. I'd given up I suppose.......lol.....I know my way around computers, but not around the hardware....

Nice to see you all!
I am back at my roofs.

DominicM
06-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Barb,

I know :evil: - I get fed up of telling my fellow colleagues that.

You might not know it doesn't normally get hot enough for aircon this side of the pond... ... most folk dont really know what it is - it is not standard in our houses - let alone how to use it..

soap
06-08-2004, 03:21 PM
You might not know it doesn't normally get hot enough for aircon this side of the pond... ...

Well it sure is hot today!! Wish I had aircon at home - its more common in offices.
It seems some thunderstorm will bring an end to this heat.....I won't complain. :D :D

meowmeow
06-08-2004, 05:31 PM
It is finally warming up here in Maine, but no aircon yet...pretty soon maybe. At least the sun is out and it is really a beautiful day.
Had lunch at daughter's "wedding venue" today and then we met with the florist and got some planning done. THings seem to be going along smoothly. Mostly daughter is having a ball planning this wedding. And I got to take some nice photos at the place. It is on York harbor and really pretty. I got lots of nice shots, I hope.
SOunds like everyone is sooo busy. I can understand your frustration about the sand, Deborah. I guess I can also understand things like that just don't always work out. I hope you can get it figured out soon and finish the whole project. You really seemed to be on a roll there.
I hope you really feel better soon, Barb. I know Aleve really helps hubby out. Being in pain just makes everything else seem so much more difficult than it should be! I actually enjoyed your Godzilla and dog...but boy, have you come a long way! :D
Congrats to your daughter, Purplelizard! That's exciting. And good luck tomorrow. The massage and lunch sound like an excellent idea!
Good luck with the moves Doe! I know how much work and how exciting a move like that can be! I hope everything goes smoothly.
I hope I haven't left anyone out...too much going on here now! :D

Sandy

purplelizard
06-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Quick update! my massage was FABULOUS! I'm a complete veggie brain now. My hubby took out for a wonderful lunch. But best new of all - this mornings meeting about the huge mural went ok - the director of music understood and is already making alternative plans. He actually saw it coming, though I hadn't verbally said anything, he picked up on it somehow. Amazing how that works, isn't it ?

Hi Soap! We can learn everyone's names, stories and families together, since I'm new to this area, too!

And in Texas, we run the air conditioner about 9 months out of the year, and in august, you learn to drive your car with two fingers, because the steering wheel will singe the skin right off of your hand. no joke! Can't imagine life without A/C!! :eek:

So, when you folks in England get heat waves, I can only imagine how miserable it is. Today, it is pouring rain and will be for probably two more days. I like rainy days...... :)

happy Tuesday to all!

Deborah Secor
06-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Kristen, I love the Hetland mural you referred us to! Wow--the energy and color is wonderful! I love that there's a man in the picture so I can see the scale of it.

My husband is the chaplain at a homeless shelter here and has been suggesting that "I" need to think about murals for their big, empty walls. Murals? Me? And what army of artists? I know absolutely nothing about murals! You and I may have to talk. My hubby and I lead an arts group from our church and I was thinking if this comes about we should consider involving them. I'm praying about this right now... but I could use a consultant!

Retiring from any volunteer position is so difficult. I started a local society years ago, & spent about six years up to my ears in work (while raising a little kid), but when I decided to retire all I heard were complaints that it all fell on them. Not one of those stressed out, overworked people stopped to consider that I had been stressed out and overworked for all that time, and not one said thanks...they just resented my leaving. I can't really blame them (though I did--happily I'm over that) since it was hard on them, and you should consider yourself blessed to have a music director who is so perceptive! Funny thing, when I quit there were people who stepped into the gap. The group is alive and well, thriving in fact--so have faith!

It's a heat wave here. Right now it's 90 degrees (F) on my back porch in the shade. We have no A/C, though around here we use swamp coolers, an evaporative cooler, so you have to have the dry air moving through the house to make it work. Much nicer than refrigeration that way! My dear, sweet, understanding, loving husband mentioned that we needed to get one in here so I'll be more comfy. See, hot flashes can pay off if you wait long enough! (Well, maybe. I don't have an A/C yet...)

I'm gonna go paint! I can turn the fan so it touches on me but doesn't blow the pastel around, keep a glass of iced tea around the corner and have at it. For once my darkish studio is nice, since it's cooler!

Deborah

sundiver
06-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi gang. Just passing through (rushing through) and saying hi on the way out. Still no internet at home, and work is veryvery end-of-the-year busy. I did read this thread, in bits throughout the day. I shouldn't be here now- too much work (stayed late- it's 8:15)!
I have done some painting but will wait until I have time to comment on other people's work before I post any more of my own.
See ya!

Mary Robinson
06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm glad everyone is having such a good day. Me too. Motherboard came in, system is running like a charm. So I'm ready to get back to some real fun, painting ;). The sun is shining, it's warm, my garden is growing, what more could you ask for?

Mary

chewie
06-08-2004, 09:01 PM
wow, what a busy group! it always strikes me as funny how those who don't want to help with a job(even tho. its their turn) tell me how terribly busy they are!! like i'm not?! i do alot of those kinda jobs cuz i do not have an outside job, but sometimes it gets old, don't it? good luck to those of you dealing with that stuff.

this week there will be little art for me, i am moving my studio into our basement. my daughter is evicting me, as i had stolen her room and made both kids live together. its no longer working out, so down i go. at first i was kinda bummed, but now, i just finished putting a coat of paint on both walls and even the floor, and wow, now i can't wait! its twice the space, and much more private. but having all my stuff all over in piles, waiting for the floor to dry, sure ain't fun. i used an oil/poly paint, it sure stinks but the gloss has really brighten up the space.

i am also teaching a class, 2 times, 2 diff. groups, in town. young kids. there is no art in the schools here, very sad. so i do a couple day camps in the summer. and counting down the days til i take MY class with mr. dawson! yeah! have a great week all, hope the body aches, art troubles, neighor hassles, and computer woes fade quickly and nothing but fun and great art finds you this week!!

Kitty Wallis
06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
I have to crow about Oregon spring, especially this year. After an unusually hard winter, we've been having an intoxicating spring. The land is covered with flowers. Roses are used for highway plantings here since they grow like weeds in the Portland area.

This area is famous for flower growers. There are flower festivals, great places to paint. Wouldn't it be fun to paint the Iris gardens? Or the Peony fields?

Yesterday was thunder and lightening. Today was breezy and cool, clouds followed by sun, followed by rain and clouds. My garden is already producing, peas, salad, herbs.

SweetBabyJ
06-08-2004, 10:35 PM
My moss is doing exceptionally well this year- especially under the barren apple trees. It has been quite nice in this little corner of the world, but s'posed to start raining again tomorrow and last through the end of the week. Last year's "drought conditions" are still in force, apparently, probably wrong of me to hope for another dry summer, eh?

K Taylor-Green
06-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Boy, I'm a sloth compared to all you guys this week. I'm working on a commission and keeping a "foal watch" as our young mare, Phaedra, is due soon.

I did have a lot of fun with the grandkids Sunday. Grandpa thought he'd wear the boys, 7 & 2, out with sports while I looked out for baby Anna. It worked, but it backfired!! :evil: He was as tired as they were! I sure didn't have any trouble getting anyone to bed! Their parents arrived back safe and sound from their second honeymoon, anniversary trip. They had a wonderful time in New Orleans.

Most of my roses are in bloom, not counting the new ones of course. Now, if I could just keep the rabbits out of my mixed bed!!

soap
06-09-2004, 05:08 AM
This area is famous for flower growers. There are flower festivals, great places to paint. Wouldn't it be fun to paint the Iris gardens? Or the Peony fields?

OH!! I grew up amongst the Dutch tulip fields and they have become so 'ordinary' to me.....Peony fields (one of my fav. flowers)??? OOOOH........Iris fields............oohooooooooooo........just checking flight prices to Oregon.......ouch! That sounds truly stunning.

Sandy, good luck with you daughter's wedding plans. I know all about it as I am planning my own. Just done the 'have a cup of tea at the prospective venues' to compare. Any tips? :D

meowmeow
06-09-2004, 09:26 AM
keeping a "foal watch" as our young mare, Phaedra, is due soon.

Now that sounds exciting!!!! You will keep us posted of course!

Yes, weddings are fun to plan, Sophie! And work. My daughter has really done most of the planning for this...I jsut get to write the checks! :D Well, I do have plenty of input.
Tips for choosing a venue? I'm sure you'll find someplace you'll love! OUrs will be at a nice little inn on the harbor. We are pretty excited about it, actually. Every other place was either outrageously expensive or not at all what she wanted. WE walked into this one and knew right away it was the right place. And each time we go back for something it has been confirmed. We finalized the menu last week and he just sent her the list with the price and it is so much less than it would have been had we done it down in Boston or a bit further south in Maine. And everything we have had to eat there has been excellent.
This is the link to the place:
http://www.docksidegq.com/

But I suspect that is a little far for you, Sophie!!:D But keep us posted on your plans.

Summer has finally arrived I think. It is supposed to hit 90 today!!! What a change from last week. I am going to try to get out and paint a bit this morning before the heat hits. Everyone's flowers are blooming and it is beautiful out there.

You all have a good day!!!

soap
06-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Oh, what a beautiful venue!! Yes a bit too far LOL. Ours is going to be in Holland so half the family will have to travel a bit as well. We've narrowed it down to two venues, one looks great but the people there are not as well organised and a bit formal in their management. The other is nice but not as nicely located but the people there are great and very helpful.
hmm...

Oh, foal watch - hope to get some photos!!

meowmeow
06-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Funny, not sure I knew what exactly "venue" meant before this wedding thing! :D
WEll, depending on how not nice the location is, I would go with the nice, helpful, organized people. YOu are going to have to work with them and ultimately the success dependson them.
But, I'm sure you will figure it all out.
Good luck!

soap
06-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Funny - indeed - same here. We don't seem to use the word 'venue' for anything else I think. Maybe for theatre and concerts or something.
Yes, I am tempted to go with the helpful people as we are organising this wedding from another country (us in the UK, wedding in Holland) so a bit of help would be great. The venue is just a bit small, that's all. No place to wonder off to. Ha, I know what you mean with writing cheques.....I am dreading that already! LOL. Boy, it's expensive to get married!

meowmeow
06-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes, venue would be for theater stuff...but I guess that makes sense. This is all sort of a big "theatrical event"...:D I tried to convince my daughter to just go and elope! :D SHe is having so much fun with this, though, I really don't mind. And we like her fiancee also so we can't complain at all.

Khadres
06-09-2004, 12:06 PM
I have to crow about Oregon spring, especially this year. After an unusually hard winter, we've been having an intoxicating spring. The land is covered with flowers. Roses are used for highway plantings here since they grow like weeds in the Portland area.

Yesterday was thunder and lightening. Today was breezy and cool, clouds followed by sun, followed by rain and clouds. My garden is already producing, peas, salad, herbs.

Ohhhh, STOP! It's bad enough living down here in "Aridania, Colorado" without you bragging about the Portland spring! I remember the roses, the gardens, the showers, the soft summer evenings....arghhhhhhhhhhh. Used to get up in the mornings and go out to my grandparents' garden to "pick" my choice of berries for breakfast. Spent the days picking pie cherries and baking pies and helping with the butter churning. Loved it up there and would love moving back there someday. LOTS to paint up there! (whiny voice and all)

Here we have this deal where if you live on the wrong block you miss the rain entirely...like last night....TWO BLOCKS from here they got between 1 and 2 inches of RAIN and we got NOTHIN'!!! Per usual. I'm precipitation deprived, I tell you! The awful thing is, you can see and hear all the thunder and lightning and SMELL the rain but don't get any. And I see it's flooding in my old stomping grounds in TEXAS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Oh, well....on a brighter, though more expensive note, a friend of mine called last night to say he's spotted a pristine, vintage, TWENTY DRAWER oak flat file at the antique mall where he has a stall. I really can't afford it, but I AM going to look at it. It sounds wonderful and I haven't seen his new space yet, so....might get out of the house today to do that.

I do hope you England folks aren't going to have a summer like the first one I spent over there where all the chocolate in the shops melted from the heat! Didn't seem all that bad to us desert folk, but was horrible for the natives.

Have picked out several photos from the ref library that I want to tackle. Anyone who hasn't wandered around in there has really missed the boat -- some lovely stuff free for the using!

OK, I'm done rambling! Off to do battle with a messy kitchen!

soap
06-09-2004, 12:14 PM
LOL, Sooz! You're funny! It's sure melting the chocolate at the moment!
Am trying to clean the house in this heat.....and my dog keeps on dropping her muddy ball in my cleaned rooms. Better clean the ball too.

Khadres
06-09-2004, 12:19 PM
LOL, Sooz! You're funny! It's sure melting the chocolate at the moment!
Am trying to clean the house in this heat.....and my dog keeps on dropping her muddy ball in my cleaned rooms. Better clean the ball too.

A muddy ball would be a change around here! Our cattle dog insists on bringing in STICKS of all sizes....leaves them lying about the place to step on!

Kathryn Wilson
06-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Here we have this deal where if you live on the wrong block you miss the rain entirely...like last night....TWO BLOCKS from here they got between 1 and 2 inches of RAIN and we got NOTHIN'!!! Per usual. I'm precipitation deprived, I tell you! The awful thing is, you can see and hear all the thunder and lightning and SMELL the rain but don't get any.

Same here Sooz - thunder all around us last night and not a drop! Had to water again this morning. We have greened up nicely, but I see my lawn turning brown already - :(

You guys are so fast in posting it's hard to keep up!

Sandy - the wedding venue looks wonderful - and Maine is incredible during the summer. I know we'll see lots of seascapes from you this coming summer after the wedding.

Kitty, Julie, Mary - I have wonderful memories of my trip to your part of the world - everything seems to grow so well - and the gardens are to die for!

Ooooooh, and a new baby in the family, Kate! We want photos when the event happens!

Dee - no A/C??? I couldn't bear these humid, hot days in North Carolina without my A/C - I get errands done early in the morning so I stay out of hot cars. Whatca workin' on??? We wanna see - ooops, that also means I am not working on something if I'm posting here - ;) . Been working up to a moody painting for Mary's project - been perusing the WC Library. Sooz is right - there is so much to see, you can spend hours looking through photos.

Ta for now!

Kitty Wallis
06-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Most of my roses are in bloom, not counting the new ones of course. Now, if I could just keep the rabbits out of my mixed bed!!

Here we have a plague of slugs. I discovered a pretty effective repellent -copper. On my planter boxxes I have a double row of thickish copper wire around the sides, about 6-8" from the ground. Last year, No slugs. This year a few, not vigilant enough about growth covering the copper over the winter.

When slugs touch copper, they get an electric shock from their body chemistry, no current in my wires. They can't cross it.

Deborah Secor
06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
You all have to remember that here in NM where we have no humidity, all you have to have is air moving and you can be comfy. It can be hot but you don't even sweat. I keep my fan on all the time and have a spray bottle that I can spritz myself with. The two combined make for relative comfort. There are days when it's too much--over 100 degrees--and times of the day when you just don't do much--about 4-7 p.m.--which is where the concept of a siesta began. I serve dinner at three, then pooh out on work till evening. Ever notice how I often post during that time in the summer months? Well, sitting here at my computer is "work" I can do in the heat!

I would just love to hear thunder and smell rain! Even if it didn't fall--and that happens here, you know. Virga. I know I've mentioned it before. It falls from the cloud but evaporates before getting to the ground. Makes for scenic, lacy curtains of clouds that hang over the mountains, taunting us with the promise of rain.

Whoa, Kitty, I remember slugs. Like homeless snails. Around here we have a plague of pinon gnats. These little suckers are soooooo nasty this year. The pinon trees are all dying but the gnats seem to be proliferating. Their bites weep and itch like crazy. Its the only time of the year we have bugs (if you don't count black widows and tarantulas...) and they'll be gone soon. <whew!>

Waft a rose our way when you get a chance, Kitty! Not a good year for them here. Not enough winter rain or snow. They open and wither almost immediately. Sad.

I'm cleaning up my studio because I have a famous artist (someone you know) coming to work with me here next week! Great inspiration to get things a bit more organized. I'm not gonna stress over it--it's actually kind of fun to spiff things up once in a while! Neat thing is I set up my back porch so I can paint there. Nice breezes and on the north side of the house, so I get great light. On these hotter days the cool studio has been appelaing, even if the light isn't everything I'd want it to be. It's what I have--and I'm grateful to have it!

Deborah

purplelizard
06-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Pouring rain for two days here! And the dog doesn't like to get wet - THIS is a problem when its potty time! :rolleyes:

dee artist, I'd be delighted to help you with any questions you have about murals. I didn't paint on walls - we painted twenty, 5' x 10' panels that were bolted together. So, wall surfaces I have no knowledge - but planning, supplies, projecting the design, etc - bring it on!!! :D

Thanks to all for the "congrats" on my daughter and thoughts on volunteer work. The meeting went well when I gave notice I wouldn't do a new one - so, as a "compromise" I will change a few things about last years' mural and they will re-use it in an off campus (not the sanctuary , a performing arts center, which is exciting!) - and the effort on my part is minimal. This gives us time to make plans to do a new one with the proper help and proper work space.

Time to get dinner on the table!
Kristen

Khadres
06-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Alright, I know....it's BIG, but it cried out for me to buy it and take it home! Was a really good buy, don't ya know and in GREAT shape!

K Taylor-Green
06-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Alright, I know....it's BIG, but it cried out for me to buy it and take it home! Was a really good buy, don't ya know and in GREAT shape!
No, Sooz, elephants are big. This is gargantuan!! You lucky, lucky, thing!! I'd settle for a quarter of it.

Khadres
06-09-2004, 11:58 PM
I'll admit....I'm wondering what I'll do with half of it, but it will be sooo nice to have space to keep stuff flat and safe. Of course, hubby and friend are already groaning at the prospect of bringing it home this weekend...thank goodness it's in four sections!

In the meantime, I'm gonna have to totally rearrange my studio space to fit it in!

purplelizard
06-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Oh, no FAIR! I want one! :D Congrats on the find and on making the rest of us jealous! I know what to do with the extra room - you could rent it out to local WC members!! :p :) :D :clap: :cool:

tee hee....I'm really happy for ya'!

Deborah Secor
06-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Wow! I WANT one too! I need that soooo badly, just half of it, even. And the space for it, too. ;) Good on ya, Sooz...

Deborah

Khadres
06-10-2004, 02:12 AM
I'd gladly rent out space if there WERE any other WC members locally... :crying:

Actually, I now have the stacking trays I waited weeks and weeks to get delivered a couple months ago to find homes for. Wish they were easy to ship, I'd put 'em up for sale in the swap shop. Obviously, I won't have use for BOTH the trays and that cabinet! Well....it would mean a much larger investment in paper....NO! NONONONONO! That was just an abberrant thought there! I'll put a card up down at the art school and see if I can find someone who would like them. In the meantime, they'll have to bunk on the spare room bed. And the little drop leaf desk in there will have to move upstairs...and the sewing table in the studio will have to move into the desk's place and....this isn't going to be real easy.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for being happy for me, tho. I really love oak furniture and I guess this counts as that?

soap
06-10-2004, 03:27 AM
OH wow, that drawers system looks marvellous. Congrats! Great buy!

Kathryn Wilson
06-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Wow, Sooz, it IS big! But it's wonderful and I'm sure in no time at all you'll be filling all of it with your stock of paper and your completed paintings.

Fabulous buy! :clap:

----------------------

I've been in the creative thinking mode - you know that time when you stare off into space trying to pull together something in the brain that might make a good painting.

I've been wanting to paint a portrait of my Jack Russell before he gets too old and decrepit, like me. Let me pass this by you and maybe the animal portrait people can advise. How about an oval vinette (sP?) with little sketches in the four corners. He's an amazing little pup who gets into the best little positions and I would like to remember him that way too.

I've done a head sketch, a full-body pose sketch, and a sketch of him with his head in a dirt hole, with his bum in the air. I can come up with a dozen other poses, so that's not a problem. Full body pose or head pose in the middle?

Any ideas if this will even work?

Khadres
06-10-2004, 06:05 PM
That really sounds cool, Kat! Guess if it was me, I'd put a nice head pose in the middle and then the little goin' around doin' his thing sketches around...but there's nothing saying you can't do more than ONE portrait either! Jack Russells are such characters, aren't they?

Sounds like a fun project! We'll be on hand to cheer as you go along!

Well, I've decided where I want the "new" flat file cabinet to go....pity is, it means moving EVERY other thing in the room around too. Soooooo, that's what I'm doing...slowly. I hate the way this house works...you can't move something until you move something else and you can't move THAT til you move something ELSE...yadayadayada... I've only got til Saturday to may way for the behemoth, so I'd best get back at it!

Ah, well....it'll be neat when it's done....

Deborah Secor
06-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Sounds neat, Kat. I've looked at a lot of pet portraits online and I suggest you go out 'shopping' for the sort of image you have in mind. I've seen some who did the dog at different stages of life, which was kind of interesting. I would think doing a vignette with a portrait in the center would make the little surrounding images pretty tiny, unless you painted on a really big sheet of paper. If I were you, I'd price oval mats before doing it! I somehow think they're expensive, but may be wrong.

Make way for the behemoth...sounds like a movie title, Sooz. I'm still pthalo green with envy, even if you are having to rearrange the furniture!

Deborah

K Taylor-Green
06-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Kat, It'll work, and beautifully. I can see a 16 x 20, head shot center, with your smaller versions worked in around it, lots of lost edges. I think even the oval matt would work, but I think Dee is wright about it being more expensive.
I don't think I would put your small vignettes (sp) in the corners. There would be no flow, besides ovals don't HAVE corners!! :evil:

Khadres
06-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Make way for the behemoth...sounds like a movie title, Sooz. I'm still pthalo green with envy, even if you are having to rearrange the furniture!

Deborah

Haha! Yep we should do a movie about the killer paper case that mangles Canson right and left! And hey, you KNOW you're always more than welcome to store your paper in this thing! I'll take GREAT care of it, I really will! :evil:

Kathryn Wilson
06-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Uh, uh Sooz - I'd be more than happy to baby sit dee's paintings for a while - :p

---------------

Here's more of what I was thinking, the blue being the support paper, with the vignette masked off for the large head portrait, then the mask taken off and the small sketches in each corner. This is more for me and hubby - not going to a show or to be sold - but I want the memories. The various stages of life is a cute idea - we have some baby pixs of the little terror. :D

Khadres
06-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Uh, uh Sooz - I'd be more than happy to baby sit dee's paintings for a while - :p

---------------

Here's more of what I was thinking, the blue being the support paper, with the vignette masked off for the large head portrait, then the mask taken off and the small sketches in each corner. This is more for me and hubby - not going to a show or to be sold - but I want the memories. The various stages of life is a cute idea - we have some baby pixs of the little terror. :D

Oh, I wouldn't mind storing her paintings, as well! If you run out of room....you know where to find me! :angel:

That sounds like a neat idea for the doggie paintings....will the whole be in color or will the smaller sketches be black and white drawings? Either way would be cool. I don't blame you for wanting something to save the memories...the little critters leave us all too soon.

Kathryn Wilson
06-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Sooz - since Re-run is mostly white, I think white pastel sketches would fit in the corners nicely. This is so fun running an idea by someone to validate that I'm not crazy - :D

Khadres
06-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Sooz - since Re-run is mostly white, I think white pastel sketches would fit in the corners nicely. This is so fun running an idea by someone to validate that I'm not crazy - :D

Oh, I think that would be cool! What color paper? If he's got any of the brown in him, a nice medium gray would be lovely, or.....I dunno, what d'ya like?

Kathryn Wilson
06-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Oh, I think that would be cool! What color paper? If he's got any of the brown in him, a nice medium gray would be lovely, or.....I dunno, what d'ya like?

Hmmm . . . I hadn't gotten that far yet. I like jewel colors - deep blues, reds, greens - I'm thinking a deep hunter green or royal blue.

Khadres
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Hmmm . . . I hadn't gotten that far yet. I like jewel colors - deep blues, reds, greens - I'm thinking a deep hunter green or royal blue.

Hmm...colourfix? I like that darkish, deep blue they have and the nice green, too.

We had a bizarre thing happen in the middle of the night last night! About 2 o'clock all the dogs started riotous barking and charged downstairs as if the marines had landed in the living room...I'm always slow on the uptake so I was still groping for my glasses (I figure if it IS the Marines, I wanna be able to SEE 'em, by golly) as hubby clumps on down the stairs with sleepy aggravation. I hear the front door open and close and the dogs are still at it, plainly enraged by SOMEthing out there.

Pretty soon here comes Gary scurrying back up the stairs in pursuit of some trousers (well, it WAS pretty chilly out there and who KNOWS who you'll meet in the front yard in the dark of night! But that's another story.)

So I'm standin' there peering through first one eye and then the other, hair standing on end, my trusty old kid sized baseball bat in hand (a whole other story...) and askin', "What the h*** IS it???"

Gary glowers down at his bare feet and heads back down....mumbling something about something with horns. By now the dogs are completely hysterical and beside themselves, the two poodly things with their noses in the air literally HOWLING while the the other two shout canine curses into the night out the window. I hear the door open and close again....and after a bit the dogs go totally quiet.

By now, I'm peering down the dark stairs with BOTH eyes and having weird visions of a triceritops or maybe a rhinoceros trampling the old coot into the dirt out by the big fir tree...he HAD mentioned horns, hadn't he? Finally, the door opens and closes again and Gary stomps BACK up the stairs and growls, "D&*%$*@ TRUCK horn was stuck! It must've been the club on the steering wheel...I took it off!" and disappears back into the bedroom where I hear more grousing and bedclothes flapping, etc.

It being 2:15 a.m. by this time, my mental image changes briefly to a late-night scene of a rhinoceros drinking a martini in an after-hours nightclub somewhere before the word "TRUCK" hits the old gray matter. "Oh!" I comment sagely, going back to bed and sticking the baseball bat back in its niche under the bedside table. "Why'd THAT happen???" Gary briefly fixes me with a gimlet eye from his side of the bed and replies in carefully controlled tones, "I don't know. Go back to sleep!"

Which I did. For ten minutes or so. Again, the dogs go ballistic, Gary shoots back out of bed as if jet propelled, grabs his pants, thinks better of it and flings 'em back over the chair and disappears down the hall again. I get up only briefly this time and peer out the window....odd....there were lights on all over the neighborhood at THIS time of night? Oh.

This whole routine happened three more times before Gary did something dire to the truck....I didn't ask what. By then, I was pretty much awake, so I went in and played a game or two of Word Wizard and drank some diet cola...I figured if the stupid truck made another peep, I'd take it out with the baseball bat and let G sleep. Finally, after a half hour or so of peace and tranquility, I crept back to bed and found all four dogs had confiscated my side of the bed, but I think they saw me coming with the bat and they graciously vacated to the doggie beds on the floor.

I probably should have prefaced all this with the fact that I'm partially tone deaf....things like phones and car horns and such don't register unless I'm sitting on 'em when they ring or honk or otherwise make noise. Sometimes, I think not being able to hear is a blessing in disguise. I don't WANT the hear the phone ringing off the hook today as neighbors call to register their outrage at being honked to death in the middle of the night!

bnoonan
06-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Sooz, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. You are truly a gifted writer as well. What a hoot. I can just see this happening over and over and over again and I also love the vision of the horns and rhinos and things. You've really tickled my funny bone.

So I'm staring at a stack of paintings spread out over the only area I have to paint in and have a bunch of glassine ready to pack them up with and then I think... hey you know that oak case would look really good right here.

If you lived closer... I think I'd have filled the bottom third of that stack.

Enjoy it - I'm green with jealousy.

Barb

K Taylor-Green
06-11-2004, 12:27 PM
LOL!! Again and again and again. What a story!! I can just picture your poor, beleagured hubby going head to head with his truck! :evil: I think mine would have shot it.

Deborah Secor
06-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Oh Sooz, I needed that kind of a laugh to start my day--thanks! I'll bet y'all weren't laughing and I suspect your neighbors weren't at all amused, but you turned this into a riotous tale. You are a talented tale spinner....

Hope the dogs got some extra sleep.... ;)

Deborah

Khadres
06-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Barb, I hadn't really given much thought to storing finished stuff in that chest, but that's a great idea! And y'all can send me any finished works you need stored...I'll be real careful with 'em! :evil:

Dee...the dogs are STILL sleeping, having risen just long enough to terrorize the squirrel population in the back yard and have their breakfast "goodie". Sleeping is what they do best! Lazy beasts!

Oh, and the truck hasn't made a sound all day! :rolleyes:

soap
06-11-2004, 04:44 PM
WHooaaa ha ha.......Sooz......you are a star in telling a story in the most fantastically funny way! I'd be an annoyed neighbour....LOL.......It was really great to read........LOL.........

Sleepy dogs? Where? Where? As soon as I move one toe my 7 month old pup jumps up and gets her ball........I stop moving my toe and she throws herself down on the floor with a deep sigh and looks at me accusingly. Lazy dogs? Yes please! :D

Artistammy
06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Kristen, those murals are amazing! An art group here once tried to do a mural that didn't turn out too well. None of us had ever worked on one before. What kind of medium did you use for yours?
I spent the afternoon trying to paint a damask tablecloth. It's giving me fits. I guess if I don't get it better after awhile, I could make it more solid or something. I decided to take a break & come here.

Lisa Olivarez
06-13-2004, 12:29 AM
haha heehee hoohoo glubglub
i thinks i'm going nuts
my cat is nonexistant
and my mouth is full of cuts

Khadres
06-13-2004, 01:15 AM
haha heehee hoohoo glubglub
i thinks i'm going nuts
my cat is nonexistant
and my mouth is full of cuts

What are you taking, dear?

Dark_Shades
06-13-2004, 12:16 PM
Just a quickie...... for all those landscapie and flowery peeps :D ..... Ive been uploading some pics from my garden..... so feel free to use ..... just wish I could do some justice :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=1&sort=1&perpage=12&ppuser=12116&=

Kathryn Wilson
06-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Dawn - thanks for putting these in the Library - I'm guiltier than most of not putting things in there. Will try to do better. These are lovely and very well done!

Thanks!

Khadres
06-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Great pics! Thanks for posting! I should probably put some of mine in the library, as well. Would be fun to see if someone used any, wouldn't it?

Lisa Olivarez
06-13-2004, 09:07 PM
What are you taking, dear?

I'm sorry, I was just feeling a little crazy last night. It really means nothing. When I told my husband what I had posted, he just shook his head and said I must be just about in the prime of PMS. Sorry if it was just a little too weird.

It was another late night for me, and I had eaten something I was allergic to which made my mouth sore...The cat thing was about some beautiful kittens that the coyotes got about this time last year. I was feeling a little too loopy, I guess. :D

Deborah Secor
06-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Glad all is okay Lisa... ;) PMS and an allergic reaction, yikes!

Wow, Dawn, your flower pix are great! I guess I should post some of mine there for folks to use. I just haven't gotten to it yet. We have a lot of beautiful sunset skies that my son has taken. Maybe he'd let me share them.

I spent my day cleaning my studio. (Ick!) You should see my beautiful pastel array...in fact, I should photograph it. I've seen some pastelists who have these HUGE assortments of pastels and I always thought I had a modest amount, but now that I have them all out there are more than I thought. Still nothing compared to some... only three palettes-full, one of them small and one only partly filled. But I have my giant Senneliers, all my Giraults and the Ludwigs, as well as the Great Americans I always use out now. I didn't lay out the pastel pencils since I don't use them very often, but they're nearby if I need them. I even cleaned out the drawers where I keep tape and charcoal and stuff. So organized it's scary. Don't worry--it'll all get trashed soon enough!

Deborah

purplelizard
06-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Khadres - your story is hysterical! omigosh, it was so easy to picture it happening....I laughed and laughed....

Tammy, I've been out of town for a few days - I apologize for the delay - I sent you a PM - hope its helpful about the mural. Working large has its challenges....I can understand the frustrations your having with the damask - isn't that sort of slippery like satin? I suggest stretching it before painting - even just stapling to a firm surface, to make it easier to paint.

If damask is like satin, I'm working on a pain in the B--- project for a huge gathering (37,000 people) that takes place in July. (how do I get into these things???) A Vegas illusionists wants a "stage" painted onto SATIN - he's nuts - so, I'm experimenting and communicating with him to make sure its what he wants. Gee, its only 15' X 8'! :p I'm open to suggestions!!

don't be too impressed - its another church project - our church youth group is performing at the Nat'l Youth Gathering in Orlando - stay away from there the third week of July - 37,000 teenagers descend upon the city! :eek: But I'm delighted I've been invited to do this....hope I don't screw it up! :rolleyes:

Happy Monday! Kristen

Kitty Wallis
06-14-2004, 02:09 AM
Sooz,
I missed your story! I'm glad Kristen mentioned it on this page. How Funny! Thanks for writing it. You do have comedic talent! :clap:

Khadres
06-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Sooz,
I missed your story! I'm glad Kristen mentioned it on this page. How Funny! Thanks for writing it. You do have comedic talent! :clap:

Speaking of comedy....you shoulda seen me trying to move one of those plastic drawer tower thingys on the thick carpet today....but that woulda required movie footage. That thing fell apart someplace different every step I took! Certainly glad I only have one like it! The others hold together really well, but THIS one....sheesh, I didn't even know I KNEW words like I was mutterin' by the time I got the thing moved into the spare bedroom!

Almost done with the great studio re-hash. I'll have to take some pics for next week's scumble, I guess!

Khadres
06-14-2004, 02:51 AM
Gee, its only 15' X 8'! :p I'm open to suggestions!!

don't be too impressed - its another church project - our church youth group is performing at the Nat'l Youth Gathering in Orlando - stay away from there the third week of July - 37,000 teenagers descend upon the city! :eek: But I'm delighted I've been invited to do this....hope I don't screw it up! :rolleyes:

Happy Monday! Kristen

ONLY 15X8 FEET?????
OK....I'm impressed!

Khadres
06-14-2004, 02:52 AM
Glad all is okay Lisa... ;) PMS and an allergic reaction, yikes!

Wow, Dawn, your flower pix are great! I guess I should post some of mine there for folks to use. I just haven't gotten to it yet. We have a lot of beautiful sunset skies that my son has taken. Maybe he'd let me share them.

I spent my day cleaning my studio. (Ick!) You should see my beautiful pastel array...in fact, I should photograph it. I've seen some pastelists who have these HUGE assortments of pastels and I always thought I had a modest amount, but now that I have them all out there are more than I thought. Still nothing compared to some... only three palettes-full, one of them small and one only partly filled. But I have my giant Senneliers, all my Giraults and the Ludwigs, as well as the Great Americans I always use out now. I didn't lay out the pastel pencils since I don't use them very often, but they're nearby if I need them. I even cleaned out the drawers where I keep tape and charcoal and stuff. So organized it's scary. Don't worry--it'll all get trashed soon enough!

Deborah

Ohhhh, yes! I wanna SEE!!!!

Khadres
06-14-2004, 02:55 AM
I'm sorry, I was just feeling a little crazy last night. It really means nothing. When I told my husband what I had posted, he just shook his head and said I must be just about in the prime of PMS. Sorry if it was just a little too weird.

It was another late night for me, and I had eaten something I was allergic to which made my mouth sore...The cat thing was about some beautiful kittens that the coyotes got about this time last year. I was feeling a little too loopy, I guess. :D

Awwwww, sorry to hear about the PMS AND the poor kittens! Not to mention the allergy! You deserve some chocolate fudge cake with rum fudge sauce! I'm shoving it into the drive right now, since I can't have any!

Cheena K
06-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Hi All!

I think I am posting in the weekly scumble for the first time :)
Been catching up with all the reading (all about Soft Pastels) and ofcourse got a very pretty picture fromt the ref. library. to paint this weekend. The painting is almost done, ready to be posted! I am going to buy a DIGICAM today!!!

On the work front I am working on a great project...pl. check it out!!! http://www.kidmail.net, it's a cool thing for kids!

Bye for now!

Dark_Shades
06-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Suffering from Monday Morning Blues? .....

WORDS OF WISDOM
1. Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get
into my own pants.

2. Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a
relative.

3. I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I
said, Implants?" She hit me.

4. I don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

5. Sign in a Chinese Pet Store: "Buy one dog, get one flea..."

6. I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.

7. I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a
moaner.

8. If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the
terminal?

9. I don't approve of political jokes, I've seen too many of them
get elected.

10. I love being married. It's so great to find that one special
person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

11. I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am
perfect.

12. Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of
consecutive days I have stayed alive.

13. How come we choose from just two people to run for president
and 50 for Miss America?

14. Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see
naked?

15. Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.

16. I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear
loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I wouldn't have
signed up in the first place!

17. When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping," now I just go
"chunky dunk."

18. The worst thing about accidents in the kitchen is eating them

19. Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to
tell the difference

20. Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could
simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?

21. Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you
haven't fallen asleep yet

22. My husband says I never listen to him (at least I think
that's what he said).

23. Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

24. If raising children was going to be easy, it never would have
started with something called LABOR!

25. Wouldn't you know it...Brain cells come and brain cells go,
but FAT cells live forever