PDA

View Full Version : Wde 6-5-04 Late

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 03:23 PM
These photos were so very great. Beautiful. I couldn't participate yesterday but chose my photo yesterday and did it this morning.

This is 9x12 arches, WC, WN artist.

Was pleased with the bread, fun to try, rose had never done, changed the background but the main thing was I had fun. Oh yes, I actually drew the whole thing which is a BIGGIE for me. Won't do that all the time that is for sure. Not if I want precise. Now I am off to see what others did. C&C welcomed.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2004/21041-bread.jpg

xreader
06-06-2004, 03:33 PM
A very lively painting Judy...I love your shadows. Your bread and board are really fantastic! You nailed the textures. :clap:

FriendCarol
06-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Now that is a fine-looking loaf of bread! I like the way you handled the background, too. C&C: I think you'd do better either to crop foreground or to extend the wooden board forward, compositionally (but your background is cool).

Your quick rose came out much better than my quick wc rose, too. Neat! :)

Ruth Grinstead
06-06-2004, 04:00 PM
I can smell the bread from here just need some creamy butter, some cheese and a glass of red wine. :clap:

Ruth

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the kind comments. The bread was so much fun to try. It didn't totally work out like I wanted (e.g., couldn't figure out how to make it look like there was flour on top of the bread using WC) but all in all liked it.

Carol, in RL the shadow in the front is not quite so dark and one can see the wooden table or cutting board under the shadow. Figured I would put in the shadow soas to not have such a huge light expanse in the front.

Oh well, I am still quite happy with my bread LOL

lorna12
06-07-2004, 03:48 AM
Good job, Judy and that you had fun is a bonus!! The only thing that I noticed is the knife looks a bit bent, other than that I think it's great, especially the bread!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

hopefulbucky
06-07-2004, 11:59 AM
LOL Lorna, you are probably right, it is probably a crooked knife. I think I realized that but I was so pleased to be able to draw the whole thing I got too excited about my feat. That is why I don't draw, can't seem to get things right easier to trace to get the right perspective or shape.

I still go back to "isn't the bread cool?"

dabblerdot
06-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Good on ya for stretching yourself, and doing such a great job on this painting ! Funny, the first thought was that popped into my mind was, "Oh, I have a knife with a handle exactly like that !" The texture and surface bend of the handle ring very true to me !! I agree your bread is nummy, but I really like the rose- you should be pleased with this lovely wc painting :clap: :clap:

Freedom's poet
06-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I really like this Sherry!! :clap: You are right...the bread is really awesome....yummy! The cutting board is great too!! I like the simplicity of the rose and I also like that the knife is a bit bent...like some of mine at home. Lovely, lovely work!!

Susan

hopefulbucky
06-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Well I tried to fix the knife so it wasn't so crooked. My daughter came and showed me where it was crooked. Some of the paint didn't lift very well so I had to improvise but I think it makes at least it to look like the knife is straighter.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2004/21041-bread_-_2.jpg

sundiver
06-09-2004, 12:49 PM
MMM-mm, I want a slice of that bread! Nicely done! :)

theIsland
06-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Yes, the bread is very cool! A very cool boulle. And the rose is pretty good too, especially if it's your first, and in WC, to boot. I still haven't gotten the nerve to try a rose. (And I don't think I will - too much drawing for me!)

Noma

Celia
06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
I think that for watercolor, this is awesome....... I had to scan back to check for the medium....... the colors are bright and clear, and I think that you have done a great job on the rose, not to mention the crust on the bread is to die for.......

celia