PDA

View Full Version : WDE June 5 2004 - Rock and Waves WIP

theIsland
06-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Liquitex Medium Viscosity Acrylics on stretched Fredrix watercolor canvas.
12" x 9"

Finally found time to work on this, about 30 minutes last night, and the remaining 90 minutes this morning. It still needs a little more work, maybe another hour or so. I was surprised at how quickly it went! I've wanted to paint from this photo for awhile, but I was afraid it would be much too time-consuming and complicated. It really wasn't at all! Kind of fun, actually. I put the photo in Photoshop first and used the paint daubs filter so the details wouldn't distract me as I painted. That helped a lot.

I'll post when it's done. :)

Noma

Dharma_bum
06-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Gorgeous, loose, colorful, what more could one ask. Thanks for providing those nice photos.

Dan

guilliame
06-06-2004, 03:16 PM
What i love about this is the water coming in beneath the rock :clap: super colours and technique,a real beaut :clap: :D

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Noma, bright clean crisp colors, wave movement, coming along beautifully.

Thank you so much for the beautiful photos you gave us to chose from. They are gorgeous and were very difficult to chose from.

xreader
06-06-2004, 03:40 PM
WOW...Awhole lot of energy here. This is really fine. :clap: :clap: I want to thank you for a very fun WDE... the photos were just great! :)

pjo
06-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I really like the vibrant colors and the looseness of this. Will be looking forward to seeing the final version.

Deano
06-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi, Noma. You have a lot of beautiful color happening here. Love the application and high contrast. :clap: :clap:

Celia
06-07-2004, 08:50 PM
you have a lot of lovely color going on here in the water........ I love the starkness of the one rock in the softness of the shore line........

celia

Yokovich
06-07-2004, 09:20 PM
great movement!! wonderful light!

--you provided fab photos (I knew you would--looks pretty much like you can do it ALL!) paint--photograph--the whole sha-bang! this is great ---anxious to see the final :)
I have yet to work on one of your great photos but I plan to before the next WDE... see ya then! :)

dabblerdot
06-08-2004, 04:01 AM
What gorgeous bold colours ! :clap: :clap: I can almost feel the power of the wave pulling the sand from under the rock each time it retreats. Very interesting way to start the whole thing, using Photoshop to eliminate distractions. You techno-puppies are so creative and adaptable ! :)

stonewhiteclown
06-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Hey, Noma, you put those clean colours to good use here! :clap: Very strong painting! It MUST be a lot better in RL, particulary rock I think!

Charlie's Mum
06-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Beautiful abstract qualities to the water - those brushstrokes really do make a gorgeous painting!
Nice, swirling comp - usual excellent standard! :)
You obviously are extremely competent with the camera also - super refs. :D
Thank you!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

artbyjune
06-08-2004, 02:25 PM
I like this very much. The daubs of colour make the water swish and move. I like the dark reds under the rock too. :clap:
That's a good idea to soft focus the photo (or even other manipulations)before painting to eliminate detail. I must try that next time. ;)