PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Prayer

Yako
06-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi everybody!....This was done from scratch with Artrage. I started doing this with a totally different idea in mind but in the process appeared this....I had a good time doing it---I hope you'll like it...

Jet
06-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Yako,
that's an excellent and well done picture...

.. :mad: ...artrage...rage is alright...it doesn't run in my PC for some reason..
..doesn't say a thing, or warning of any kind, it just bails out and wham!, no art -only rage.. :mad:

Ok, excuse my ranting..

I like this classic pose...you're doing better every time..

Congrats.

themanda
06-06-2004, 02:52 PM
i like this very, very much. great way to represent the hair and the folds in the fabric. this is a unique style that i'd like to see more of.

Yako
06-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks a lot Themanda!. When I did this picture it was a bit paler than it's now so I corrected it with Autobalance of Microsoft Photo Editor ....Then I started to experiment and applied some textures and something funny ocurred....it resembled something like a mosaic so....perhaps i'll try this in my next drawing.....

Freedom's poet
06-06-2004, 05:36 PM
I really love the simplicity and serenity of this painting Yako. Beautiful!!

Susan

Michael
06-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Good job!!!

I have been playing with artrage more and more lately because of the work I see you do here!! well done!

No warnings at all Jorge? :confused:

Yako
06-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Wow! all these compliments!!!....With all this.... i'll have tons of inspiration!!..... :) :) (I'm just kidding please don`t take me seriously)

Redwater when are you going to post something in ArtRage?....

Susan I hope you'll post soon, I really liked your beach chair. Have you taken art classes?

Jet don't be sad if you can't install artrage, the more i use it the more limitations i find it....it doesn`t have copy paste tool, it doesn`t have something to select areas, no tools to measure.... :( :( :( I think it's for people that don`t know nothing of digital art

Michael
06-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Ummm...I think I have...It was a beach and umbrella...I have to look for it though since I added it to someones thread...Yours, I think :confused:

Yako
06-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Michael, i haven`t seen your work in my threads.... :confused: :)
I'll be waiting for your workart.... :)

Michael
06-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Ah Ha! Found it!! This was done in art rage...Admittedly, just playing around though. JUST CLICK HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2373362&postcount=3) to see it. :D

Yako
06-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Sunny Day! I want to go to the beach! I want to go to the beach! (now here in Santiago is very cold, these days we had between 0 ēC to 5 ĒC early in the morning, brrrrrr! I'm freezing!....luckly at midday temperatures are a bit better.... :D

peoplepainter
06-07-2004, 03:11 PM
I don't know anything about artrage but I like the painting a lot. I like the style. It's simple but elegant.

justjean
06-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Yako I really like the style of this so simple and clean :clap: :clap:

JulieBoyles
06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
This is really beautiful Yako! I've really been drawn to it several times now. I love the style of it! You should make prints of it :clap: :clap:

Congrats,

Julie

Yako
06-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Wow thanks Julie, justjean and peoplepainter! With all your nice comments i'm very happy.....It keeps me trying to do better things every time i try to do something new.

Julie i remember you recommended me Saper's book:"Painting Beautiful Skin Tones" some threads ago!...it's really really good! you learn it's a jewel of knowledge. Thanks a lot for your advice!

Elvira
06-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I don't know anything about artrage but I like the painting a lot. I like the style. It's simple but elegant.
Artrage is a neat freebee, made by the guys who created the colour mixer in Painter 8.

It's bigest draw back is canvas size.

Here is the link download and play it even has a brush cleaner and sound effect LOL

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

Edie

peoplepainter
06-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks, Elvira,
I got it and have been playing around ever since. Like I need one more hobby...
Have a great day!
Lisa

Elvira
06-13-2004, 06:13 PM
I knew you had to play with it it feels so much like playing with the real stuff LOL without the mess LOL.
Edie

lemonbird
06-14-2004, 08:07 AM
I really like this. :) Great job!

nytefall
06-14-2004, 09:55 AM
i like this alot. looks a little like a stained-glass window :)