PDA

View Full Version : The two at the end W.D.E 5 6 04

guilliame
06-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Well my initial burst of energy,adrenaline at the excitement of trying this one has gone plus i have hunger pains,and a little tired so i know it's time to stop for a while :D
Hey the Island thanks for the pics,great wde, some other photo's caught my eye,really enjoyed the viewing :)

Celia
06-06-2004, 10:37 AM
This crop looks great...... nicely done.........

celia

Europa
06-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Great sense of movement!!

Pat

Deano
06-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Great job, Guilliame! Very nice, sensitive, painting of the ballerinas. Love your use of color plus the dark background for drama. This is one of the pics I really considered doing. :clap: :clap:

guilliame
06-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Celia,Europa and Deano thank you.
Deano,first i wanted to do the whole thing,so i did a quick of the figures to get the feel of it and as i am left handed i work from the right to the left so i dont smudge :D i was pleased with the first figure on the right but as i worked thro to the left i realised that i wouldn't have room for the guy's head and hat so i left it and went on to do the two at the end :D

dragonlady
06-06-2004, 01:22 PM
I think you've caught the dancers' poses very well, love the composition with the second dancer echoing the pose of the first.

Drumbeat-trish
06-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Soft and sensitive -lovely work :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Guilliame, "the two at the end" are coming along marvelously. I love the movement you are achieving in the two ladies, they look very ethereal. Will check back later to see how you are doing.

xreader
06-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Is this soft pastels? Your painting is developing nicely! :clap: :clap: :clap:

theIsland
06-12-2004, 11:25 AM
LOL. Great crop, regardless of how it came about. You're brave for even attempting to do more than a couple of these dancers in two hours! It takes me a day to do just one. I love the color, the drawing, the delicacy, but most of all, I love the faces. I am such a fan of indistinct faces in drawings and paintings. It's very appealing to me to see just an indication of a face. Beautiful.

Noma

Charlie's Mum
06-12-2004, 12:39 PM
I've just found this Guilli - sorry I missed it before (there are now SO many!!!)
I love the way these two dancers emerge from the darkness -and the way you've 'handled' them :) :clap: :clap:
I also think the page of figures is super - a lovely study of forms. :D

lisilk
06-12-2004, 05:54 PM
With the first you created a lovely mood ,movement and relationship between the two dancers. The second has great promise, your drawing is very good.