PDA

View Full Version : WDE 5th June - George the Seagull

dragonlady
06-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Couldn't resist this chap.Unison pastels on sanded paper, 9"x 11" 2 hours.

Can't do these until Sunday morning. 5pm here is too late on a Saturday as we are usually out on Saturday evening.

ams
06-06-2004, 06:45 AM
I did George as well. Wasn't he fun?

I love how yours came out. I had a little trouble getting him to stand out against the sky and water. Your water is darker than mine and that worked better.

I know what you mean about the timing. When it the WDE is 4:00 Eastern time, I have that problem and can't do it until Sunday. I don't think there is any time that will work for everyone. Just post when you are able. :)

Anne

pjo
06-06-2004, 09:48 AM
I really like this one. George seems to be daydreaming and looking off into the distance, thinking of lands far away. He really stands out and I like the color contrast between the orangy/yellow foreground and the cool water.

stoney
06-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Couldn't resist this chap.Unison pastels on sanded paper, 9"x 11" 2 hours.

Can't do these until Sunday morning. 5pm here is too late on a Saturday as we are usually out on Saturday evening.

Nicely done. The first thing to catch my attention was the end of the 4 x4 George is sitting on. I'll be studying George to learn more on how you got the 3D shape. :clap: :clap:

FriendCarol
06-06-2004, 10:28 AM
George is looking good here -- he looks like he knows it, too! What a poser (poseur?).
I'm always amazed at how fast pastels can completely render a scene, with such detail, too. You've done a marvellous job here -- palette, forms & modeling -- nice balance between abstract (color blocks) and realism... it's all good! :cool:

Europa
06-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Gosh George was very popular wasnt he - and yet again another great rendition of him - hope he appreciates it....lol

Pat

dragonlady
06-06-2004, 01:31 PM
I did George as well. Wasn't he fun?

Anne

Yes great fun. I chose this as I would never paint a subject like this on my own so I thought I would be fun to do something completely different - and I'm sure it's good for me too !

Drumbeat-trish
06-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Lovely detailed pic of George - he really stands out !!!!!!!! very impressive work on the post too - nice use of rich darks :clap: :clap: :clap:
Welcome to WC btw :D

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 04:20 PM
dragon, wonderful rendition of George. Love your water and your wood textures and George should be preening his feathers, you did a marvelous job.

xreader
06-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Welcome dragonlady, I am really enjoying your level of contrast achieved in this painting! :clap: :clap: :clap:

theIsland
06-12-2004, 11:07 AM
This is really fabulous. The colors capture the feeling of the Sonoma coast perfectly. The railroad ties, the vegetation, George - they're all very well done. I especially like all the color in that white bird!

Noma