PDA

View Full Version : my first pastel drawing!

wings44
09-23-2001, 02:46 AM
I have some pastels that were given to me so I was fooling around with them. This is what I came up with!! Didn't have any photo.....so the eagle may not look right but I wanted to post this for any feedback! I usually only use colored pencils or graphite pencils so this is definitely different for me. Don't know if I like the pastels or not. They are very messy, that's for sure....lol :D Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks......Wings

yogi
09-24-2001, 11:13 AM
I like how you achieved the look of backlighting on the eagle, almost as if the flag has an illuminating quality of its own. You can see it especially on the tips of the wing feathers. Cool! The effect is achieved even more by the dark shading of the eagle, like it's landing in a shaded spot close to the viewer and the flag is off in the sun.

Bobbie
10-02-2001, 12:54 AM
I really like this so much - it seems to fit all of our moods right now. Wish I had done it! Am still thinking about a suitable subject to portray my feelings.:clap:

wings44
10-02-2001, 01:13 AM
Thank you Yogi and Bobbie!!! I appreciate your comments and your positive feedback on this first pastel drawing has boosted my confidence!! ;) Thanks again!!