PDA

View Full Version : WDE Rose

Freedom's poet
06-05-2004, 11:21 PM
I painted this digitally in a program called Art Rage. I am new here and just loved trying this.

Susan

prestonsega
06-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Digital art is one thing I know nothing about but I can spot beauty when I see it......and I see it in your work.

theIsland
06-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Susan, welcome to the WDEs, and thank you for coming! Lovely depiction of these roses - very soft and painterly. Nice job! Hope to see you next week. :)

Noma

purplelizard
06-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Susan, welcome to WC and the WDE's - beware, its addictive!! :D

I'm with Preston - I don't know a thing about digital art, but this is just beautiful! My times of tinkering with Adobe Photoshop tell me that this takes as long as any artwork done non-digitally.

Pat yourself on the back! Good job! :clap:

Deano
06-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Welcome to WDE, Susan. Your rose is beautiful. I picked the same subject. I really love your painterly look on this digi.

Dharma_bum
06-06-2004, 01:11 AM
Lovely, I have no idea how that is done, but you did a great job, nice highlights.

blondiedenise
06-06-2004, 01:14 AM
Susan-

Welcome to WC and the WDE! Very nice digital art (of which I know NOTHING!!). You really captured those highlights! :D

Denise

lorna12
06-06-2004, 01:19 AM
This rose is a beauty...as Deano said, very painterly! I just love the lighting!

Welcome to WC! and WDE's..you're going to love this place! :clap: :clap:

Europa
06-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Welcome Susan - love the way you have done this - have every admiration for digital artists - I wouldnt know where to start....lol.

Pat

Drumbeat-trish
06-06-2004, 04:51 AM
welcome onboard Susan:) Love your :clap: :clap: :clap: rose -soft and subtle

anney
06-06-2004, 05:34 AM
Welcome Susan... WC is addictive indeed.

Nice rose, subtil pinks, it looks like an oil painting.

Anne

ams
06-06-2004, 06:52 AM
Welcome to WC and the WDE!

This came out very nice. I wouldn't have known it was digital if you didn't tell us. I have no idea how it is done but like the others, I like the results.

Anne

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Don't know what is involved with digital painting but this is certainly beautiful . You have captured the delicacy and beauty of this rose and the light is wonderful. Great job.

Celia
06-06-2004, 06:59 PM
The rose is gorgeous....... digital painting is beyond me, so far, but I'm surely liking what is being done with the WDE's digitally....... I'll have to get into the 21st century one of these days......... the thing that I love most about your rose is the softness of the colors that you chose to use, and the play of light and shadow in this painting........

celia

katju
06-06-2004, 07:24 PM
um hmmmm....Very nice, Susan. Welcome, again! :clap:

Kathy

stoney
06-06-2004, 08:02 PM
I painted this digitally in a program called Art Rage. I am new here and just loved trying this.

Susan

Welcome and nicely done. :)

Freedom's poet
06-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Thank you so much for the kind words. So many noted that they had never done a digital painting or knew nothing about digital painting. Neither had I until about 6 months ago. There are so many art and graphics programs on the market now it is really difficult to say what is best. For me, I really like Art Rage because first....It's free :clap: Second....of all the programs that I have tried, Art Rage feels the most like real life painting. It is very simple to use, using a wacom tablet and pen I paint as if I was painting on paper or canvas. The only real difference is cost of supplies and the ability to delete a mistake (I do tend to let my brush get away from me). It is all on one layer like a real life painting and the colors blend like real life. Y'all can see that the strokes are cleary visable in my post. Thank you again for the kind words and warm welcome...smiles (I place the link to download Art Rage, if this is not allowed I will delete the post.)

Susan

Art Rage Free Download (http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html)

artbyjune
06-07-2004, 02:38 PM
I love your painting of the roses. I want to get into this digital art..note to self. I have a drawing tablet and pen, I just need to hook them up to the pc. I can't seem to make time.

I love the effect. Your roses look as if you could reach out and touch them.

dabblerdot
06-08-2004, 04:07 AM
What a pretty rose ! Luminosity just glows through the petals, and your deep shadows in their curves is lovely ! I like what I see happening here ! :clap: