PDA

View Full Version : wde 8/5 GEORGE'S FAREWELL

Drumbeat-trish
06-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Alas the day finally came when George realised he was not really a pet at all...despite his best efforts he was in fact UN-NEEDED :crying: Hurting and dejected, George wandered for days, contemplating what he could have done better to have been a loved and cherished pet. Eventually his wanderings brought him to a place that, whilst wierdish , felt somehow familiar...... Now he looked out his surroundings and down at the cold but somehow comforting water ( yes its water) if he could just find the courage to take that leap..........

Sorry had to have a silly play after struggling with &)(**()&)(*& flowers
oil on canvas 16" x12"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2004/6194-georgesfarewell.jpg

purplelizard
06-05-2004, 09:19 PM
And what exactly were you drinking while doing this?? :D Just kidding...you're having way too much fun, and sometimes we just have to say what the ----, and walk away (for awhile) from that which is making us crazy and be a little crazy on something else!

This is fun - but then, I like all of your work!

cmwynn
06-05-2004, 09:28 PM
It does look like an excercise to loosen you up after struggling with the flower.
Connie

theIsland
06-05-2004, 11:08 PM
LOL!!! I laughed until I cried. Poor George. If only I'd been better to him....

Noma

prestonsega
06-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Sorry had to have a silly play after struggling with &)(**()&)(*& flowers

For me, if it ain't fun, it ain't worth it.....I think as artists we tend to take ourselves too seriously sometimes. You've made me want to play now!

lorna12
06-06-2004, 02:19 AM
Poor George! Great story to go along with the wonderful fun painting!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ams
06-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Poor George. :crying:

I had a good chuckle over this. Glad you posted it.

Anne

Europa
06-06-2004, 10:48 AM
'Oh noooooooooooo - don't do it George - DON'T JUMP!!'

LOL - love it Trish!!

Pat

dabblerdot
06-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Either it's getting late, or I'm having some of whateverTrish is having... after my first "Wowsa!!" at the incredible blue sea, I think to myself, "Why does the mexican cliff jumper have a bird on his head ???" :evil:
Reality seeps in, and I find myself thinking, LOVE the perspective, thoroughly enjoyed the story, and pine for the beautiful blue sea. Bird is identifiable, and has a 'getting free' attitude even tho so small. :clap:
And I haven't had the, ummm, good fortune yet to have seen the acursed flowers- may have to go there now !

Drumbeat-trish
06-07-2004, 03:43 AM
LOL -thanks for your replies -and glad someone else got a giggle from this - I must say I felt a real sense of both freedom doing this and a strong bond with George :D someone in chat suggested doing a George series lol
Dabblerdot -I looked and saw your mexican rofl