PDA

View Full Version : WDE 5 June Two-for-the-Price of One

cmwynn
06-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Great selection of photos, Noma. So many for so many different styles. I wanted to spend some time drawing, so did the horse, something I probably wouldn't have attempted a few months ago. He does look a little sleepy, but he had to stand still for about 45 minutes while I did this with pencil, 6'5" x 9". Then I wanted to use some color, so went with the primroses. Watercolor, 6" x 8", another 45 minutes
Connie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2004/29839-WDE_5_JuneHorse.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2004/29839-WDE_5_June_Primose.jpg

xreader
06-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Connie, I love your drawing of the horse...it is really well done. And I like the fairyland quality to your primroses. :clap:

Drumbeat-trish
06-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Your primroses look so gentle and bright at the same time very nice, and I like your horse -I would still be scared to try one :)

purplelizard
06-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Nice color on the primroses - loose, fun painting!

Your horse head is wonderful - good job on both! :clap:

pjo
06-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Wow, to finish 2 pictures in under two hours! Very nice, your horse is nicely done, and your primroses are very delicate looking, just like the flower. Nice work.

theIsland
06-05-2004, 11:55 PM
You've really gotten fast! Your horse is loose and nicely drawn, and those primroses are fun, colorful, and whimsical. I really like the sense of depth and perspective you've given them. It makes me happy just looking at them. :)

Noma

Deano
06-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Wow, Connie! These WDEs have really made you faster. Good job on both.

prestonsega
06-06-2004, 12:04 AM
The horse is nice, but the flowers are great..( I tend to lean towards color....a personal preference )...unique, free spirited quality....My first thought was this would make a great greeting card.

Dharma_bum
06-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Nice job on both, I'm afraid it would take me at least two hours and half an eraser just to do the horse. I had some of those evening primroses in my garden last year, you captured them well.

Dan

lorna12
06-06-2004, 01:23 AM
Connie, well done! And in less than 2 hours, wow! :clap: :clap:

ams
06-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Nice job on both, but I really love the horse (even if he is sleeping on the job!)

Anne

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Good for you Connie, wow you have come a long way baby. Love your horse, even horses are allowed to sleep. I can admire you for trying this. Horses are so beautiful but don't think I am ready to try and DRAW one as you did. Very well done.

Your primroses look very happy and bright, as they should, great job this week, Connie.

katju
06-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Connie,

I hope you're especially proud of your horse because even though he's sleepy from posing for so long, I think you got his likeness! :D

And maybe he can snack on the flowers later.

Kathy

cmwynn
06-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks to all for the comments. I am learning new things doing the WDE and getting better (sometimes) too. I really look forward to the weekend and sharing with you all.
Connie

FriendCarol
06-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Agree with all of the above... Can't believe you did TWO photos in the time allotted for one -- and did such a great job!

Horses do sleep standing up, I'm told... This fella looks pretty relaxed; I particularly like the way you varied your lines. The primroses have an almost abstract quality, with very strong values and a nice rhythm.

I, too, love showing up for WDE's each week; see you next Saturday!

dabblerdot
06-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Connie, You should give yourself a very large pat on the back for your great work this weekend !! (I'd pat your back in person if I could reach that far !)
The horse (sorry to be contrary, but) has an alert, ready for action look. Head raised, eyes full and bright and pricked ears, means somethings got his attention- some other horse is nearby and if he's lucky, could be a cute mare. I'd approach this horse from the side, not from the front, to be safe ! I really like how you handled him. :)
But your flowers !! They're so beautiful with their fresh clear-light colours, and your background greens are delicious with the floral pinks. You've reached a new peak this weekend, dearie ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

artbyjune
06-07-2004, 01:30 PM
:clap: I love those flowers. So dramatic. The horse looks alert and a good likeness too.

stonewhiteclown
06-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Wow! Extra picture, a bonus here! Now which is the bonus exactly, they both are great. And fast! Especially impressed by the horse drawing, lots of character there!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
06-08-2004, 07:28 AM
One sleepy and one lively - well done Connie - and good for you doing a drawing - gold star here! :D :clap: