PDA

View Full Version : WDE - june5 RED TRUCK WINE

kblack
06-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Tried a WDE in Oils. There was so much much to paint in this one! Wow, great pictures! It was hard to choose! :clap:

Kblack :clap:

cmwynn
06-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Splendid. Such rich colors. I thought about trying the glasses, but not in two hours.
Connie

xreader
06-05-2004, 06:44 PM
:clap: Very nicely done in oils, kblack! Your colors are rich, and your glasses reflect light very well... :)

theIsland
06-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Your colors are amazing! That red napkin is stunning, and I'm delighted that you were able to indicate the brocade pattern in the allotted time, and very effectively, at that. The wine bottle and label are also really, really good. Wow. This is so cool!

The hubby and I saved the Red Truck for tonight's dinner, and I think it's about time to open it. :)

Noma

kblack
06-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks! Is Red TRuck Wine something local?
When the oils cure a little I will define it more and do some more detail.
Will post it then.
Kblack

purplelizard
06-05-2004, 08:53 PM
You bit off a tough one for two hours! I printed it off to use another time....I wasn't that brave!

This is terrific - I especially like the wine bottle! Good job!
:clap:

Andrew Rance
06-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Brave to attempt this, but you have more than done it justice. The overall effect is very attractive.

pjo
06-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Wow, this is beautiful, your colors are so rich and deep in this. I didn't notice the red truck when I was looking at the pictures, but I love it.

Drumbeat-trish
06-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Beautifully done - the whole mood is there - makes me wanna go grab someone to share with :D I am looking at how you tackled that cloth too -excellent picture :clap: :clap: :clap:

theIsland
06-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks! Is Red TRuck Wine something local?

Nah, just relatively new. It's a blend bottled in Sonoma County, California, by Cline Cellars. Their concept is that it's an everyday, dependable, workhorse kind of wine, like an old red farm truck. Except, as they say, their wine contains no diesel. :)

Noma

prestonsega
06-06-2004, 01:29 AM
good job...particularly to be oils and just 2 hours.....these WDE's really push us and our mediums to the limits, don't they!

Deano
06-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Excellent painting, Kblack. A lot of elements that you've rendered very well. Should be a real jewell when you post the final! :clap: :clap:

lorna12
06-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Great job! That cloth is awesome...I love the colors in this...a lot of work in 2 hours! Wow! I couldn't do that in 2 weeks! :clap: :clap:

kblack
06-06-2004, 05:49 AM
prestonsega :
good job...particularly to be oils and just 2 hours.....these WDE's really push us and our mediums to the limits, don't they!

Yes it really pushes me... I thought how much could I render in 2 hours...
I started thinking thin.Paint really thin so I was thinking only to get the lay out of the shadows etc. I surprized myself. I really did.

Drumbeat-trish:
Beautifully done - the whole mood is there - makes me wanna go grab someone to share with I am looking at how you tackled that cloth too

I used oils just for the fact I knew I could blend easily. The cloth I brushed out the basic outline using carmin red and a touch of ultramarine blue for shadow
Then used a deerfoot stencil brush to stipple out the color.

I used a clean liner in a glazing mix to draw out the brocade pattern. It lifts the paint back off if you keep the brush clean in between each stroke.

Glad everyone liked it! Whew! :D Got to work on the glasses though.

Kblack

ams
06-06-2004, 06:49 AM
I liked it all but I especially liked the glasses. I haven't been brave enough to tackle clear glass but you captured it well. :clap:

Anne

Europa
06-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Love the deep rich colours. :clap:

Pat

hopefulbucky
06-06-2004, 04:57 PM
K, you have done a marvelous job on this. I particular like your glass work and your fabric. Fabric looks rich and your folds are wonderful. You really did well cause as you say there was much to paint in this photo and you did well on all of it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Celia
06-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Excellent painting........ that's a lot to accomplish in two hours....... you've done a stellar job......... I'll be looking for the update........

celia

kblack
06-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Here's the updated Red Truck Oil painting... It was the first thing I did in my new shop!
:clap:
Kblack

purplelizard
06-13-2004, 11:01 PM
CONGRATS! Nice finish! I'm particularly fond of the grape leaves - there is some nice light on the underneath side! And congrats on a new shop to work in - I'm envious! :clap: :cool: ;)

dabblerdot
06-14-2004, 02:13 AM
What a lovely way to christen a new shop ! But you better drink the wine to make it official !! LOL Rich, rich, rich colours, controlled lines- lovely !! :clap:

sundiver
06-14-2004, 02:38 PM
To think I almost missed this lovely thing! I especially like the plant- the leaves are quite wonderful.