PDA

View Full Version : Digital art -- is 3D allowed?

lemonbird
06-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm curious if 3D digital art is allowed in this forum. I see mostly 2D art here. In particular, do Bryce renderings qualify for this forum? Thanks.

Jet
06-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Dragonfly, welcome to DigiArt Forum..

Yes, vector and raster, 2d, 3d, illustrations , comics and all.
As you can see there are not many members who post that kind of work , although there are many who actually do that type of work for a living..
Some of them have posted their fine jobs here, only that , as the majority of us are not into that great kind of art fashion, many of us don't know how to evaluate such a piece.
But, don't let that get you discouraged..and.. by all means go ahead and post your works and i'm sure Kbill, or Captan will come forward to welcome your efforts, as they are 2 of many artists that excel in their respective fields close to what you do.

Regards

Michael
06-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I, for one, Would love to see your postings...Welcome to Wet Canvas. :evil:

JCoop
06-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Dragonfly, bring it on! I use all types of 3D applications in my 9-5. Product modeling and such. I doubt if anyone here would find my sort of 3D work very interesting, so here at WC! I just paint.

From the sound of your name, I deduce that your 3D offerings will be very interesting and I would love to see them!

lemonbird
06-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Thank you, all! :) I'll have to search around on my archives to see what I've got. I haven't done Bryce in a while, but I have been itching to pull it out and start playing with it again. I also just got the newest Painter recently and have started to play around with that too. I just wanted to ask before I posted anything that wasn't appropriate for this section. Thank you for your encouragement and kindness. :)

April

Jet
06-05-2004, 11:02 PM
See? 3D Art Fans coming up !!

I didn't know Joel got started doing vector work..!
I, too, started in graphics world doing vector work (CorelDraw) for about 6 years before i got the itch for another kind of graphics...

Good !

:cool:

Michael
06-05-2004, 11:09 PM
April,

Can't wait to see what you get up here!!! :D

Hmmm...My birthday is in April, too bad I don't live in FLA too :D

lemonbird
06-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Jet,
I started in 2D, then 3D now I'm very much into both. Also I'm learning to paint non-digitally too. I'm still a newbie though... I've not had an art class ever, just learning from the net, reading and most importantly...trying. I've been lurking around learning things from this wonderful group of people. So many people here with a lot of professional experience! I hope to learn a lot. Thanks for the welcome. :)

Red/Micheal,
Thanks. :) I see you're an Aries. I'm an April baby/Aries also. And a Floridian too! Lucky you, you get to live in St. Augustine. I love visiting, but the traffic/parking is insane in the touristy part of town!

Michael
06-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Yep..I am an aries...the 14th...Born in seventeen hundred something...I forget exactly :evil:

I am in a small town outside St. Augustine now...Horses here...no traffic!....Can't wait to see what you get up! :D

lemonbird
06-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, here's an old one from a few years ago when I was starting to learn about grouping and boolean operations.

Michael
06-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh WOW!!

That is incredible DF!!!

Umm...Hope you don't mind me calling you DF..it is easier to type than the long version :D

lemonbird
06-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Aw, thank you. :D

DF is fine. So is April. I'm going to edit my signature so that its easier for people to address me. :) Thanks!

lemonbird
06-06-2004, 09:14 PM
test post to see if sig shows up.

Michael
06-06-2004, 09:50 PM
:D April I can remember...I even know how to spell that!!! :p

Jet
06-06-2004, 09:57 PM
April , that's a cool rendition..
did you use terragen for the background, it looks that type... i never got my hands on it.. but i loved the way some people made it shine..

Great sheen and glare , make it a high impact image...

Keep it up !!

Regards

lemonbird
06-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Michael :D

Jet-
No, it's 100% Bryce. On the bigger render I painted in a few birds flying high in the sky, but they don't show up in the small pic I uploaded here. I like the looks of Terragen too, but I haven't had a chance to play with it.

Jet
06-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Well , Bryce it is, i haven't looked for Bryce since a few years ago when i was about to take the plunge into 3D, i guess it wasn't as powerful as it is today...

About DF...this is Michael enjoying his vacations on a cool florida swamp..

................http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2004/27782-4b.jpg

Yuk,yuk,yuk.... :D

Heiyo Mike !! :cool:
Looking for a croc for dinner !!

Michael
06-06-2004, 10:18 PM
LOL Jorge,
You need to put that up over at "Who Are You People?". (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159216)

I would just like to point out, the fully automatic rifle is used for the misquitoes here!! :rolleyes: :D

lemonbird
06-07-2004, 08:25 AM
skeeters and yellow flies! :D
rofl

kyrospeare
06-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi April,

This is very good work. I love your choice of color, purple and blue, how can you go wrong there!

Brilliant!!!

kyro

lemonbird
06-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks! :)

kyrospeare
06-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Your Welcome! ;)

Michael
06-13-2004, 05:49 PM
I still think it could have been an album cover for The Alan Parsons Project....But...I could be wrong...I guess.....Maybe...Possibly...

NAHHHHH!!!!

lemonbird
06-14-2004, 08:06 AM
:D