PDA

View Full Version : Beach Chair

Freedom's poet
06-04-2004, 11:29 PM
This is my first post showing a painting. It is my wishful thinking painting.....since there is not a beach anywhere near Edmond, Oklahoma....lol

Susan

flowerfancy58
06-05-2004, 02:49 AM
Welcome Susan,

I love this beach chairand this is such a pleasant and charming scene!

gloria:)

Michael
06-05-2004, 03:13 AM
Susan,

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

peoplepainter
06-05-2004, 04:03 AM
No beach here in Missouri either (Osage Beach doesn't count). I'd hang this up to inspire me! This is wonderful. It's wishful thinking for me too.
So colorful.
Woo hoo!

Cronious
06-05-2004, 05:27 AM
A very beautiful scene,

The colours and reflections are gorgeous.

My only comment would be the coloured item behind the chair, I keeps drawing my eye.

justjean
06-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi Susan and wlcome , lovely peaceful scene :)

Andrew Rance
06-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Hi Susan - welcome to wetcanvas! and the Digital Art forum. This is a bright, sunny painting. It looks to my eyes very much like a crossover from watercolour to digital. Hope to see more of your work on here soon.

JCoop
06-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Susan, stunning!... just beautiful!
Start getting used to actually signing your name... it ads to the appeal.

Jet
06-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Ditto to Andrew, Susan.

That's a heavy style , i like how all the elements compete for their own place in the pic...
..it's like i look at the chair and suddenly the seagull kicks in then the lighthouse and on and on...
hard not to stare....i like this kind of pictures very much, lively and Bright hues...

Congrats
:cool:

themanda
06-05-2004, 03:54 PM
this is just lovely! such attention to detail...i love the half-buried in the sand chair. what program did you do this in?

LadyAlba
06-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Welcome Susan and this is lovely bright colors says a day of fun in the sun! I do agree with Crone the piece behind the chair seems like it would be in the shadow of the chair so it would be duller colors. Leaving the chair in the spotlight. ;o) :clap:

Lady Rando
06-06-2004, 07:55 AM
Welcome to Wc and hello to a fellow OK captive ...er .....citizen. This is a beautiful piece of art. You should have this one made into prints, it would look awesome on canvas. :)

Yako
06-06-2004, 05:01 PM
It's incredible what can be achieved with such a simple subject like a beach chair!!...I liked the brushstrokes.....I guess you really really wanted to go to a beach :) :) :)

Duende
06-06-2004, 05:58 PM
How lovely, and wouldn't I love to go and sit there right now! Paddy

Freedom's poet
06-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Gloria, RedWater, peoplepainter, Jean, Andrew, Jet, Yako and Duende, thank you for the warm welcome and nice comments.....smiles The positive response to my art is really encouraging to me.

Themanda....Thank you....smiles I did this in Art Rage. I like the way the colors blend in Art Rage, it feels more like real paint to me.

Cronious and Lady Alba, thank you....smiles....I see what you both mean. I had to reduce this quite a lot to attach it to the post. That "thing" is on the side of the chair not behind... :confused: it is a kind of bag to hold towels etc. It looks odd in the painting that I attached. In the large version it seems to blend in a lot more and because the sun is almost overhead in this painting there is really very little shadow. From now on I will make changes after I reduce the size of a an attachment because of the loss of clarity. Thanks for the suggestions....smiles

Joel.....Thank you....smiles ...I worked in an inner city hospital emergency room in NYC for 15 years. In that time my handwriting deteriorated to an unrecognizeable scrawl. That in conjunction with my inability to control the pen on my wacom when I try to do my signature led me to posting with my signature done with a program. I will try to sign the next piece......but don't laugh or ask me who signed it... :p

Lady Rando.....Thank you for the warm welcome and nice comments and thank you for the laugh....captives huh? lol Where in Oklahoma are you? Near OKC?

Everyone here has made me feel very welcome...smiles

huggssss,

Susan

Bioartist
06-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Simply WOW - I can only imagine. :clap: :clap:

lemonbird
06-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Very nice, I like the colors a lot. :)