View Full Version : A MoonLight Feast

Skatertrina
06-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Sketchbook 8-1/2 x 11. Colored Pencil.
Hope you like it! :)

xreader
06-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Welcome Skatertrina :) I like how you have drawn -is it a mountain lion? You
have caught all the elements of the fierce beast. :clap: It looks like he is eying his next meal.

Yokovich
06-04-2004, 11:17 AM
great work--you may want to post it in one of the critique forums for better readership and more comments--The Gallery (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73) your work is welcome here, don't get me wrong---but this place doesn't get as much traffic until the weekend-- join us next Saturday for this weekends for a "live" drawing event! :)

Skatertrina
06-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Welcome Skatertrina :) I like how you have drawn -is it a mountain lion? You
have caught all the elements of the fierce beast. :clap: It looks like he is eying his next meal.

Thank you!
its a cougar,:) we have alot of those were i come from, i have posted one other drawing on here, on my dads name, stoney, my painting is called the birth of freedom.:)

Skatertrina
06-04-2004, 12:08 PM
great work--you may want to post it in one of the critique forums for better readership and more comments--The Gallery (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73) your work is welcome here, don't get me wrong---but this place doesn't get as much traffic until the weekend-- join us next Saturday for this weekends for a "live" drawing event! :)

what would YOU suggest i change??
i know its not the best drawing you've seen but this is my 2nd drawing i've done and posted on here.:)

dabblerdot
06-04-2004, 02:08 PM
I just looked at your final posting on the Birth of Freedom, and really like the changes you have made.
Now this cougar, you've done a great job on him- getting the intense stare before they pounce is a tough job, but you nailed it. :clap:
You have managed to do what took me twenty years longer to learn (and I still mess it up sometimes), and that is the placement and symmetry of the facial features. Well done! If the eyes and face are wrong in a painting, it reduces the believability. One of my teachers said " Do the eyes first, if you mess them up there's no reason to keep painting !! Start again !" But you can do your painting in whatever order you like- that was one man's opinion and there are lots of ways to do a thing right .
You'll notice that here on the WDE's (also called the All Media Art Event) we wait for photos to be posted on Saturday, then choose one of them to paint and post it here after working on it for 2 hours.
If you want to post some other painting, ideally it's best to go to that forum and post it. Like if you do a pencil drawing, you'd post it in the drawing forum, or if you did a watercolour then post in the watercolour forum.
Why don't you choose a photo that will be posted here Saturday, and do that one and share with us ? We'll be watching !!

Skatertrina
06-04-2004, 03:38 PM
I just looked at your final posting on the Birth of Freedom, and really like the changes you have made.
Now this cougar, you've done a great job on him- getting the intense stare before they pounce is a tough job, but you nailed it. :clap:
You have managed to do what took me twenty years longer to learn (and I still mess it up sometimes), and that is the placement and symmetry of the facial features. Well done! If the eyes and face are wrong in a painting, it reduces the believability. One of my teachers said " Do the eyes first, if you mess them up there's no reason to keep painting !! Start again !" But you can do your painting in whatever order you like- that was one man's opinion and there are lots of ways to do a thing right .
You'll notice that here on the WDE's (also called the All Media Art Event) we wait for photos to be posted on Saturday, then choose one of them to paint and post it here after working on it for 2 hours.
If you want to post some other painting, ideally it's best to go to that forum and post it. Like if you do a pencil drawing, you'd post it in the drawing forum, or if you did a watercolour then post in the watercolour forum.
Why don't you choose a photo that will be posted here Saturday, and do that one and share with us ? We'll be watching !!

Thanks for your Complements on my picture, i might just draw that...:)
i accsendentaly put the face first and it was a good face and so i tried to put the eyes in and it worked.:)

Charlie's Mum
06-04-2004, 04:16 PM
You've got a good attitude in the head here, and the proportions are pretty good too. Well done!
If you post in other forums, don't forget to let people know how old you are - they're sure to be impressed! :)

Skatertrina
06-05-2004, 01:06 AM
You've got a good attitude in the head here, and the proportions are pretty good too. Well done!
If you post in other forums, don't forget to let people know how old you are - they're sure to be impressed! :)

thanks ill do that.:)