PDA

View Full Version : Cornwall Seascape UK

online art
06-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this landscape/marine painting - I usually paint animals so I live over in that forum.

Tried this lanscape of a Cornwall (UK) scene it's about 2/3 rds done and I'm really enjoying the change of scene so to speak - sorry about that. Lol

Love to hear comments from the landscape forum members - good and bad.

Oil on canvas 20 x 16

LisaArt
06-03-2004, 09:05 PM
First time doing a marine scene. WOW. This is a beauty. I love it!

Marty C
06-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi Jason,
Welcome to the Marine Art forum. This is a marvelous work, the clarity is wonderful with fine control of light and dark. Hopefully the first of many posts to this forum.

Gillette
06-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Hi Jason
Loved your painting, brought forth a burst of nostalgia, as we spent many holidays exploring Cornwall. Is the headland in the background The Lizard?
Love your colours, you really have captured the Cornish coastline well
Jane.

online art
06-05-2004, 05:01 AM
Thanks everyone.

Hi Jane, Apparently this area is called Devils mouth or Hells mouth (I'll find out) makes a good name for a painting though.

Done a bit more last night - foreground mainly. Now I will go back and work on the large sea area which looks quite dead and boring so far - nothing dramatic there though.

LarrySeiler
06-05-2004, 12:23 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2004/532-cornwall-landscape-detail.jpg

this looks like a good painting/composition in and of itself as well Jason....

Thinking I'd like better without the foreground....but certainly if I were painting a plein air of this area...what a nice statement this would be! Good positive elements...negative space, balance and eye path...very nice...

Larry

online art
06-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Hi Larry - Thanks SOOOO much for dropping by and giving me your fantastic appraisal of my painting.

There is certainly a lot to take in from what you have said and I will re-read it a few times for sure.

Regarding the water to the right of the jagged rocks, I said in my previous post "Now I will go back and work on the large sea area which looks quite dead and boring so far" So I that was my next point of call.

I think your adjustment of the painting - leaving the foreground is most definately text book the correct thing to do.

For me though - I still prefer the version with the foreground.

I'd love to know which one everyone else prefers - please let me know everyon, I'd be very interested to know.

online art
06-05-2004, 01:28 PM
oops, Missed a word out there. Meant to say -

"leaving the foreground OUT is most definately text book the correct thing to do".

Sorry

yogi
06-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Gorgeous! Looking forward to your updates. By all means, feel free to paint more landscapes. You do well at those, too! :)

sekhmet2002
06-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi Jason!!

It looks spectacular!!!!! Very well done!!!
I love the composition, the colors and the view you have over the cliffs...
itīs like stying there!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

best regards

Chris

P.S.:

The perfect place for stessed artists. Would love to have a house at this scenic place with this breathtaking view out of the window....

online art
06-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks Yogi and Chris,

Managed to find time to do a little more tonight - :clap:

katz
06-08-2004, 10:23 PM
This is really a wonderful scene. You did a great job on the depth and composition.
Katz :clap:

Marty C
06-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Hi Jason,
This keeps getting better and better. The work on the ocean looks great. I know a few in landscape don't like the cliff foreground but I love it, it adds so much interest, depth and realism to the scene. You have done an absolutely superb job on this piece.

online art
06-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi Katz,

Thanks for dropping by and leaving the nice comment.

Hi Marty,

Thanks especially for leaving your opinion on the foreground - I rather it there too.

ripvanblair
06-11-2004, 05:49 AM
Very nice painting I agree about the foreground, but the rest of the paintings captures this area very well------------Alan

yogi
06-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Wow! You make me want to BE there! You're doing superb work on this.