PDA

View Full Version : -=- June 5 WDE -=-

theIsland
06-03-2004, 09:42 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2004/11724-cherry-invitation.jpg

You're cordially invited to participate in the June 5 Weekend Drawing Event, "light, shadow, pattern." Twenty-five images will be available for your use. A wide range of subject matter will be posted, including seascapes, landscapes, gardens, dance, food, and animals.

The WDE will begin at 12 noon, EDT. Click here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=5&month=6&year=2004&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=105) to see what time that is in your part of the world. The images will be available in the All Media Art Events forum thirty minutes in advance, so you'll have time to make your choice and prepare to work.

You may join in the fun any time during the weekend! Whenever you arrive, allow yourself no more than thirty minutes to prepare, then two hours to work. At the end of that time, post your work in a new thread. If you're not finished, don't worry about it - post it anyway!

The WDEs are a wild and wonderful excercise in speed and creativity, in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. All skill levels and media are welcome!

See you this weekend!

Noma

sundiver
06-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Your theme sounds great! Can't wait!
I'm having internet problems at home... hope I can get it all straightened out by the wknd.

lorna12
06-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing your images...I'll be here! :clap:

katju
06-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Can't wait, Noma. I'm sure they'll be excellent pics. :D

Kathy

MKathleen
06-03-2004, 07:00 PM
:clap: Yea, looks like a wonderful WDE Noma! :clap: I will try and join everyone I don't seem to have as much time here lately. :( Looking forward to seeing your images and the wonderful art work everyone will create from them.
Noma thank you, for volunteering to be a WDE Host. I know everyone appreciates the time and effort it takes to host. THANK YOU AGAIN... :clap:

dabblerdot
06-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I can't wait to see the world through your eyes !! I won't be around till Sunday,but I'm really looking forward to your WDE, Noma !

Yokovich
06-03-2004, 10:07 PM
look at this gorgeous invitation!! I will be here noma, god willing and the creek don't rise!! :)

Muffin_4377
06-03-2004, 10:39 PM
:clap: :clap: Me too....me too!!! :clap: :clap: I had a great time last week, I's just gotta come back for more!!! :D ;)

artbyjune
06-04-2004, 01:56 AM
:cool:
Hope to be there this weekend!!
June

YYcat
06-04-2004, 02:12 AM
This sounds great, it will be a very good practice for me. Try to be there on Saturday. :D

Cassiepeia
06-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Umm... can I ask a stupid question? What's 'EDT' stand for? It's Eastern 'something' right? And what state/city do I look at, to compare my time to (hope that made sense).

Cass. :cat:

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out. :rolleyes: I think the cold weather down here is slowing down my brain function. LOL

theIsland
06-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Glad you got it, Cass. Yes, that's "Eastern Daylight Time," which is a time zone in the US. I probably should have posted a link where the list is sorted by country, instead of city. Here's one in case anyone else has trouble:

WDE start time sorted by country (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=5&month=6&year=2004&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=105&sort=1)

Just look up your country on the list to see when the WDE starts where you live.

Noma

theIsland
06-04-2004, 11:09 AM
:clap: :clap: Me too....me too!!! :clap: :clap: I had a great time last week, I's just gotta come back for more!!! :D ;)

Looking forward to seeing you again! WDEs are quite addicting. :) I ran out of time to comment on last week's WDE, but your aspens were lovely.

Noma

theIsland
06-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Kathy, and everyone, thank you! I am absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to host one of these events. Some of the photos I'll be posting are a year or two old, and I've worked from them before. Others are brand new (as recent as yesterday's lunch), taken just for this event. Either way, because they're my photos, I tend to get stuck in a rut and see them only one way. So I can't wait to see what all the great creative minds here will do with them. I know I'll be seeing my own photos in a new way, and that will expand my own creativity in the future. That alone is worth the time to put this together. :)

Noma

FriendCarol
06-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I'll be there, for how long I can't guarantee... :rolleyes:

System went down again Monday, and it's taken me this long to get around to reinstalling browser & firewall again, and it looks like by the end of this brief visit to this site, I might have to reinstall AGAIN. sigh

But I'll make it to the WDE, probably around noon tomorrow. Thanks for hosting! Sounds like a great theme (and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to comment on others' work from last week as well as this :D ).

lisilk
06-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Nice looking invitation Noma. Now that my computer is back, and shows over...I'll be looking forward to it !

pjo
06-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Thank you for hosting Noma. I've missed the last two WDE's :( , so I'm going to try real hard to make tomorrow, and am really looking forward to it.

purplelizard
06-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Noma - LOVELY invitation! And gee, food, my favorite thing, is a part of it! Yea!

Count me in, though I may not be able to post until later Saturday - My youngest daughter has a concert to show off their week long work at band camp tomorrow at 1pm, CST (that would be Texas time! :p )

Can't wait! I organized my pastels by value, so this will be the first real effort to work with them this way. Ought to be interesting, at the very least! :eek:

Happy friday!

Reignboblu
06-05-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm in. This will be my first WDE. I will start on time hopefully, but I won't be able to post until tonight. High school teams are in the state tournament no sleep for me until that's over, including this afternoon. I'm covering like 40 games in the next two weeks...bleech! I'd much rather be painting.

Khadres
06-05-2004, 11:31 AM
Nice looking invitation Noma. Now that my computer is back, and shows over...I'll be looking forward to it !

BIG PINE???? Near Lone Pine? Wow! Used to camp out just west of there in the summers...long, long time ago! Nice to know the town's still there.