PDA

View Full Version : OK guys - could you like her?

CarolinaGal
06-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Here's the latest (in a more refined version than the pirate was - although I used the same head).

So guys, would you like to see her on a card you received?

Georgia

Michael
06-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Georgia,
She would look great on a card! Just as the pirate would too.
I really love this style you have here. So clean, bold colors, sharp...I find this really intriguing :clap:

Jet
06-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Georgia,
it looks like a 3d rendition.
You went ahead and refined the technique lovely !!

Regards

sundiver
06-03-2004, 11:09 AM
I think she's adorable! I have no idea how you get that effect, but it's very cool.

JCoop
06-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Georgia, this is great, but I have to admit that I'm partial the less refined style of the pirate (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129748). It seems strikes me as a more graphic and unique style. It has that "Mr. Potatoe Head" charm that I loved as a little boy. I think it would make a striking and unique card.

Georgia, I do like this one, but I just grin :D when I see the other one.

kbilltv
06-03-2004, 11:15 PM
She's got CheezWhiz all over her head!

I missed the pirate first time, but just saw him; love his cheeze doodle earring... and cheezwhiz necklace.

Are you not getting enough cheese in your diet lately?

California. It's the cheese.

Michael
06-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Cheezwhiz?!?!? Do they still make that stuff?????

kbilltv
06-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Cheezwhiz?!?!? Do they still make that stuff?????

Yea, but you can't get it... somebody in San Jose bought it all up to make greeting cards...

CarolinaGal
06-04-2004, 01:03 PM
No fair, kbill, you made me snort coffee - eewwww! - and since I'm at work it was kinda embarrasing.

Yes I bought up all the cheese whiz - cheddar cheese whiz!!! - but I ate all the doodles (Laura Scudder Real Cheddar) except the one for the pirates earring.

Joel you made me remember I use to have a Mr Potato Head and a Mrs Potato Head too. Maybe that's where the idea came from to work this way - I do so love mucking about with Photoshop just to see what I can get it to do. Glad you like them.

And yes, Jet, I really like the 3D effect alot. The whole trick is doing each bit on it's own layer and applying various drop shadow and bevel effects.

Glad you all like her.

Georgia