PDA

View Full Version : Progress pic #3

Shoope1
09-21-2001, 05:26 PM
Hello again CP Friends,

Here is the latest pic of the hummingbird. I have added more detail in the breast and around the eye area. Arlene I may leave background open until October when you come in.
Ronnie

P.S Here is the link for the first progress pic.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18889
Here is the link for the second progress pic.http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19172

TeAnne
09-21-2001, 06:49 PM
Your effort shows here. Well done. :)

halachmi
09-21-2001, 08:58 PM
amazing work. well done:clap: :clap:

Shoope1
09-21-2001, 09:03 PM
Thanks!!

I think when I get my background in, I will be done.

Any suggestions on the background?

Ronnie

halachmi
09-21-2001, 09:10 PM
i think it looks better without background. this way the bird, and the great details in it, can pop up from the paper.
but this is my opinion...;)

kiwicockatoo
09-21-2001, 09:19 PM
I really like this without the background too.
He somehow looks so solid and real, and looks
like he's just hovering there. Nice job.

Brenda

Shoope1
09-21-2001, 09:41 PM
Thanks for comments on background. I always have trouble making my mind about backgrounds. They can make something look so much better and on the other hand can take away and make them look terrible.
I will consider you opinions on my background.

Once again thanks.

Ronnie

arlene
09-21-2001, 10:52 PM
hi ronnie,
i'll play with it over the weekend if you'd like...

btw: spoke to beau...I'll give you extra time after class is over t make up for not being able to get there earlier...

Shoope1
09-22-2001, 12:00 AM
Thanks Arlene!
I would like for you to play with the background. Thanks for giving me extra time after class. How many has signed up for it?
Ronnie

arlene
09-22-2001, 02:52 AM
11 but that doesn't include those folks who signed up through the college...teachers can sign upthrough the college and get continuing ed credits...

sherville
09-22-2001, 06:15 AM
Hi Shoope,
I'm sorry, I missed the first 2 progress posts - But I'm glad I finally caught up to see this one. It is looking great!
In the reference picture (if your using a reference picture) what was in the background? Were there other flowers etc? I really like that he "pops" from his background at the moment, but feel there needs to be something in the background... like the hint of more flowers... but I hardly ever do backgrounds myself, so.. I dunno. Just thinking that it needs something to make it into more of a composition... :D This is just a suggestion, and I know it is probably not good, so you won't hurt my feeling if you say it's stupid :D
I am eager to see what you decide, and to see the finished artwork :)

Shoope1
09-22-2001, 11:36 AM
Thanks Sherville!
The ref. pic background was green. I think when you take a pic that close it just blurs everything else out. But I have thought about what you said. I am about the same way you are, I don't finish backgrounds either. I think in the future I will include them.

Ronnie

Ivyleaf
09-22-2001, 04:05 PM
Job well done indeed! The feathers really do look soft!

arlene
09-23-2001, 12:27 AM
ronnie,
i need u to send this to me as an email if you want me to play with it...i can't figure out how to save these attachments

Shoope1
09-23-2001, 02:11 AM
Ok I will do.
I will scan the whole image tomorrow and send it to you.
Thanks for you help.
Ronnie

wshuff
09-24-2001, 09:42 PM
Wow Ronnie! I got your message, but I was out of town over the weekend. To think that I saw this bird when it was just an outline. I'm really impressed! I can't wait to see more. Give me a call and come by.

Shoope1
09-26-2001, 08:19 PM
Thanks Stacy !
Would love to see yours posted here.
Ronnie

Shoope1
09-26-2001, 08:28 PM
Here is picture of all of it. I used Pismacolor CP's. Blending was done all by CP's. I did not use the colorless blender on this picture. I still am not sure about the background.
Ronnie

arlene
09-30-2001, 03:33 AM
Ronnie,
Sorry for taking so long doing this...here's my idea of how to do the background...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2001/Hummingbird.jpg

I cropped your original a bit to make a more intersting picture. I decided on clouds and sky to give the look of him floating in air.

I also softened the far wing and added some blue in the wings to bring in some of the background color

Shoope1
09-30-2001, 06:11 PM
Arlene I really like it. Would the clouds be hard to do in cp's? How would it look with soft pastel look. Or would you burnish?

Ronnie

Yeah the bird looks like he is floating.

Sis
10-11-2001, 12:24 AM
Ronnie,

I finally got logged on here to look at your picture.

I didn't realize that such a good looking guy in a cute brown uniform could be so talented. I'm just kidding.

I'm really impressed with your work on the hummingbird it's really great. I like the background on the latest update of the picture. I like the detail that Arlene did to the wings on the bird but in my opinion the clouds make the bird look out of place to me it seems like the bird is too high in the sky, I like the background that you done but that's just my opinion.

Sis

Shoope1
10-11-2001, 07:07 PM
Thanks Sis,
Hey let me know if you or your mom would like a pic done. Just email me and give what type of drawing you want.
I think I am going to stop and sign the pic. I may try another with a background.
Ronnie