PDA

View Full Version : Quobba Blowholes

Gillette
06-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Have just finished this one (I think!).
The idiot standing much too close gave me the woops, but at least he was in my photo and helps with the perspective.
This was mid winter last year and the sea was booming!
Jane.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2004/38894-quobba_blhls_cr.res.jpg

1065tomh
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi Jane
Nice seascape.
I think you should use your artist lisence and remove that "idiot" from your painting. Maybe shape up that seaspray a bit. I have done this in PS just to show you what I mean. Hope you dont mind!

Tom

Marty C
06-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Hi Jane,
There is a good reason why rock fishing is the most dangerous sport in the world and this guy is a living demonstraion of it. I have been to this very spot, you have captured it well.
The most haunting photo I have seen of this type of situation was of a guy at the blowholes at Phillip Island in Victoria, taken seconds before he was swept to his death by the huge mass of spray hanging over his head.

Gillette
06-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Tom, thankyou for the suggested amendment, I shall remove the idiot and am still thinking about the spray, I do sincerely appreciate your interest and effort.
Marty, I knew you'd know this spot, and thanks for your comments, I shall send this painting up to Carnarvon soon for my daughter to sell in their caravan park.
One time I was there I saw a young whale out to sea and leaping continuously right across the bay, at first I thought it was a water spout out to sea,before I saw it leap out,again and again, quite exciting!.
It's such an exhilarating wild rugged coastline.
Thankyou both for looking and commenting.

Jane.