PDA

View Full Version : Late WDE May 29 Rocks without ducks

flawless_bone
06-01-2004, 04:40 PM
I liked the photos a lot, very inspiring, but just loved the rocks better without anybody else :D It is acrylic on canvas, 60*70 cm. All C+C welcome!

xreader
06-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Your reflections are fantastic, your greenery so lifelike...To me this seems I am actually standing right there! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Deano
06-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Nice painting, Flawless. I especially like the tree foliage above and how you showed showed the effect of peering down through deepening layers of water. :clap:

ams
06-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Nice job. I especially like how you handled the tree limbs over the water and grass in the foreground.

Anne

Yokovich
06-01-2004, 08:26 PM
good work with out without duck! :)

dabblerdot
06-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Faultless water, reflective and deepening !! :clap: The tree above has very interesting foliage- I really like the suggested leaf shapes and again the depth. The ducks probably would have eaten the grass if they were there !And this is a LARGE work if I'm not mistaken- about 24x30 "- in two hours, remarkable !
I think you have yourself a winner here ! :clap: :)

stoney
06-01-2004, 09:29 PM
I liked the photos a lot, very inspiring, but just loved the rocks better without anybody else :D It is acrylic on canvas, 60*70 cm. All C+C welcome!

How interesting! I've never considered looking at that picture without the geese in it. Well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(I know, the birds are off getting their "Quacker Oats " for breakfast) :D :D

(Quacker Oats is a play on the Quaker Oats brand name)

stonewhiteclown
06-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Oh so neat! Love a ripple on the left and willow's branches. :clap: :clap: :clap:
No ducks? Ain't that blood in the water? :eek: :evil:
Going to work on this more? I mean rocks and grass... a room for improvement there!

sundiver
06-02-2004, 02:23 PM
There's a real sense of space there, and I especially like the drooping branches and view under the water. :clap:

adamjw
06-02-2004, 11:19 PM
This piece is interesting. It inspires me for some reason.
I love the square rock, and the even spacing of the rocks.
You also have some rocks submerged which look very nice.
The forground grass could use a bit of detail since it is closest to the viewer,
or less detail depending on where you would like the focus to be.

flawless_bone
06-03-2004, 01:53 PM
No ducks? Ain't that blood in the water? :eek: :evil:
Going to work on this more? I mean rocks and grass... a room for improvement there!
:evil: Only without my easel I am vegetarian!

The forground grass could use a bit of detail since it is closest to the viewer,
or less detail depending on where you would like the focus to be.

I was bleeding sweat on that grass, maybe somebody would be so kind and write a "paint all sorts of grass in all media" article? :p Or even a project "Lets bite the grass together?"

Thank you everybody for your comments. Ill let it sit for a while. Its been raining here for three days and so Ill try another one with water right now...

Charlie's Mum
06-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Another huge one!!!!!!!!
Smashing tree/foliage and water! :) :clap: