PDA

View Full Version : Untitled...

orchid black
06-01-2004, 01:58 PM
This is just a little piece I was playing with and decided to see what you guys thought of it. Thanks for any input you can provide!

Jet
06-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi Tiny,
I am a little rusty at abstract art , but this one has many kool elements starting with the hues , the shape at the center looks like a 'ruby' and by the way of shapes this looks like vector work...
It's cool .

Regards

themanda
06-01-2004, 02:39 PM
i like it...very crisp!

i think i'd like to see some of the empty brick along the top and the bottom to balance it a bit. other than that, it's pretty cool!

Michael
06-01-2004, 03:28 PM
For just playing you came up with something wonderful!
I especially like the bold red centered the way it is and the geometric symetry here. Excellent job on the shadowing and light through the stone also.

Very well done indeed!! :clap:

Duende
06-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi Orchid!
This is really great. What fiery intensity you have managed to get in the "jewel". Paddy

flowerfancy58
06-01-2004, 09:06 PM
I like the way you "shadowed" out the center pieces:)

gloria

Lorijayne
06-03-2004, 04:32 PM
This is really cool. How did you do the brick work in the background?

Lori

orchid black
06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
This is really cool. How did you do the brick work in the background?

Lori

Thanks! heh heh.... actually the brick work was the easiest cause i kinda cheated on it... psp7 has a pattern that i just used as my background layer... kinda sucks when you know how it's done, eh?

Thanks to everyone who's commented:

Jet, i feel rather stupid... i've heard of vectors, but i'm not quite certain i've used them... maybe i have and just didn't realize it... i'm fairly new to digital artwork, mostly i just play and see what i can come up with. i'm glad you liked it!

themanda, thanks! i didn't even think of that... it would make for a more interesting composition, wouldn't it?

RedWater, you've made my day! i was especially pleased when i figured out how to get the light to come through the stone, so to hear from someone else that they enjoyed it also is icing on the cake! thanks!

Duende, thanks so much! it was a lot of fun creating that jewel.

flowerfancy58, thank you! once i figured it out, that was fun as well. i'm really pleased with the effect i got!

thanks again guys!

Jet
06-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Oops Tiny,
Excuse me for getting you confused.
i was just guessing by the spirals shapes around the stone,you were using fractals.
Please look at these drawings using fractals (http://www.livxtrm.com/l3/draw.htm)

Regards

Michael
06-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Tiny,
I am glad I could Make SOMEBODIES day :D After all, we all need to smile once a year or so :evil:

Cronious
06-05-2004, 06:16 AM
This is very beautiful,

I love the hues you have used for the stone and its base. The reflections are great, using steped reflections instead of just one really give the image a base effect. Also the lighting of the stone..... Perfect.