PDA

View Full Version : WDE May 29 COLORFUL ASPENS

Sharrm
05-31-2004, 10:53 PM
I see this one was very popular, hard to resist those colors. I did this Sun. afternoon, was so pleased that I actually finished on the weekend, a first for me... :) plus it only took me about 3.5 hrs. Tried to scan it last night, had computer problems.:( Just got it working again. Tried to loosen up with this one, but I seem to have a problem doing that :) kept going back to it. Acrylics on canvas,
10.5 X 7in.
C&C Welcome
Sharron

blondiedenise
05-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Very pretty, Sharon! :D Glad you got to post!

Denise

xreader
06-01-2004, 12:07 AM
I like your detail. Well done! :clap:

Chiers
06-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Nice job Sharron! Those trees made a beautifu subject to paint didn't they.

Sharrm
06-01-2004, 12:54 AM
blondiedenise, xreader and Chiers, Thankyou for looking and your kind comments. Glad you liked it.

Denise, I see you are new here, Welcome to WC and the WDE's. The WDE's are a great place to start posting your work, the people here are easy going and very helpful. That's how I started. Sharron

Chiers, just finished commenting on your painting too, we must have cross posted.... :D Sharron

Just looked at my pic and see the colors are off. Used thalo blue (GS) and thalo gree n (BS) for background trees, so the background should be more of a bluer green color as in the painting.

dabblerdot
06-01-2004, 02:41 AM
Those lovely bright textured trees lead me down the trunks to the delightful cluster of colour in the bushes at the left base of the aspen, like an extra treat, an unexpected prize. Very nice painting indeed ! :clap: :clap:

Drumbeat-trish
06-01-2004, 03:37 AM
A beautiful interpretation of this lovely scene sharon :) It has a soft delicacy that contrasts so well with the blazing yellow - damn good going :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
06-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Lovely Sharron - isn't this your second this week? I haven't even managed one yet - too many other demands!!!!!!!
Love these trees and your colours and textures. Nice one! :D :clap: :clap:

stoney
06-01-2004, 11:40 AM
I see this one was very popular, hard to resist those colors. I did this Sun. afternoon, was so pleased that I actually finished on the weekend, a first for me... :) plus it only took me about 3.5 hrs. Tried to scan it last night, had computer problems.:( Just got it working again. Tried to loosen up with this one, but I seem to have a problem doing that :) kept going back to it. Acrylics on canvas,
10.5 X 7in.
C&C Welcome
Sharron

OOOOOoooooooooooo nicely done! :clap: :clap:

Jet
06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey..another winner !!

...they're popping up like mushrooms after raining !! :cool:

great talents ..
:cool:

Yokovich
06-01-2004, 08:32 PM
sharron that thalo blue and thalo green behind the yellow trees is flat out great!! it really brings the yellow forward--beautiful!!! five clappie guys for you!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sharrm
06-02-2004, 05:16 AM
Hey Dot, Trish, Maureen, Stoney, Jet Liera and Celestia, thankyou all for viewing, and your lovely complements, your making me blush :D much appreciated.

Maureen my friend, I have a hard time getting one in per week :D I think you saw my late entry from last week

Jet Liera, so nice to see you here. Thankyou. I have spent some time over at digi the last few months reading some of your very informative threads.

Celestia, five clapie guys???LOL thought there was a limit of three???LOL Well I liked your painting of this a lot better than mine, so I owe you two clapie guys at least. :D :D and some*****. Someone let the clapie guy loose this week. Sharron

stonewhiteclown
06-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Nice! :clap: :clap: :clap: I like how tree on the right certainly feels very near, within reach.

stoney
06-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Hey Dot, Trish, Maureen, Stoney, Jet Liera and Celestia, thankyou all for viewing, and your lovely complements, your making me blush :D much appreciated.

Maureen my friend, I have a hard time getting one in per week :D I think you saw my late entry from last week

Jet Liera, so nice to see you here. Thankyou. I have spent some time over at digi the last few months reading some of your very informative threads.

Celestia, five clapie guys???LOL thought there was a limit of three???LOL Well I liked your painting of this a lot better than mine, so I owe you two clapie guys at least. :D :D and some*****. Someone let the clapie guy loose this week. Sharron

*Without* his medication!

:::::::FFFFLLLLEEEEE""""""""""""""""

Sharrm
06-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Thankyou for looking and your nice comments Alex. The tree on the right looked more forward to me, but I find It hard to see some things in my own paintings at first. Glad that part looks ok. I can now see that the trees are too uniform, so I'm about to take the bottom back part off the center tree and give some more space between the branches. It needs to loosen up more. Think that will improve it. Sharron