PDA

View Full Version : New Portrait in Painter, have steps

peoplepainter
05-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi all!

I have just completed a portrait of my son in Painter. It is similar to the last one, but not so cropped and maybe not quite as much detail. As I worked, I saved the piece in steps which I will put up later today along with an explanation of how I did it. I will probably link you to a page on my site so I can keep some of the quality. Right now I have to go to a BBQ, darn that luck.

Yes, his lips are that red. We have always told the poor thing he has "kissy lips."

Hope you like. Have a great day!

Lisa

Michael
05-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Amazing!!!

I can't wait to follow your steps and see how bad I ca bungle it!! :D

I am excited about trying it though!

JulieBoyles
05-31-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi Lisa and Welcome! This painting of your son is so beautiful! I'm just in awe! I took a look at your site and really liked it! I especially thought the explanations into the different mediums was great! I was sitting there thinking, now why didn't I think of that! All your oils and pastels are beautiful so it's no surprise you get such great results with digital! Isn't it great! I switched from colored pencils to digital simply because of the time factor. What used to take me 2 months now takes 2 weeks. :clap: :clap:

I'm anxious to see how you do your steps also. I've rarely used blenders because I don't really know how to get what I want with them. So it will be great to see how you do it!

Anyway, welcome and I can't wait to see more of your work!

Julie

peoplepainter
05-31-2004, 10:39 PM
JULIE! WOWSA! I just saw your site and I can say that a compliment from you means a ton to me. Your work is incredible.

I am getting ready to make a web page with the step by step process I used. Shouldn't be too long. I am not a good teacher but I will try to put in some notes.

Thanks for looking!

Lisa

JCoop
05-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Lisa, Your work is consistently beautiful! The edges of the face and shirt seem a bit hard... I think loosing and finding a few of those edges would really add a nice touch. Also, the background seems photostudio-ish... if you will.
Obviously, your work is very accomplished. Feel free to ignore my suggestions at anytime.

peoplepainter
05-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Great suggestions Joel. I might just rework this later. At this point I am so new to doing digital portraits that I am focusing more on the face, but you are right. I will pay more attention to the rest of it next time I promise. If I don't you can scold me. Deal? ;)

Thanks,
Lisa

themanda
05-31-2004, 11:42 PM
lisa, excellent job!!! you truly have a gift, and i'm very grateful that you're sharing it here. i look forward to (hopefully) learning a lot from you.

peoplepainter
06-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks, themanda! I put the steps up and I sure hope they help. You can see them here:

http://www.oberfinearts.com/Steps.html

I am an awful teacher bu tlet me know if this was any help.

Thanks agian,
Lisa

Cronious
06-01-2004, 06:48 AM
This is beautiful, I must check out your web site.

Thanks also for the tutorial on how you create your images, very informative, way to go :D

peoplepainter
06-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Glad to hear you liked it. Thanks for looking. Maybe I was able to communicate a few things...
I always worry...

Renaessance
06-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Ha! Found you!

The portrait is incredible, as always. I don't know why you think you aren't a great teacher, I thought your steps are very clear. :clap: See, this little guy is all excited about it too!

Now I REALLY want a tablet and Painter, that smooshing around with the blender is right up my alley! Maybe with your inspiration I might even tackle a portrait or two again. Only of people who won't damage me if they don't like it, heh heh!

Renae

peoplepainter
06-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Yes, do a portrait. If you choose yourself as a subject you will have no worries. ;) Kids don't usually complain either. tee hee.

Lisa

Jet
06-01-2004, 11:49 PM
See how cats and dogs really get along !!

i love that !!

Welcome Renaseance !!

Regards

Michael
06-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Welcome to WC renae,

You could go ahead and do my portrait, everone else has already mulilated me. You should see what Jet did...YIKES!!! :p

peoplepainter
06-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Jet and Red are funny! I like that!
Hey, Renae found me through another site I post on, and told me about WC! That's how I got here. She knows where to hang out. She really knows here exotic animal stuff and has great photos. Maybe she'll share them. Thanks, Renae and welcome of course. Glad you are here too.

Michael
06-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Funny?..I am not funny..I have no sense of humor at all!!!!

Ummm...Anyone seen my meds? :rolleyes:

ANyway..Yeah...Jorge mutilated me...JUST CLICK HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2374626&postcount=340) to see his latest destructive act :evil:

This is all part of a thread I started in the ASYLUM called "Who are you people, Just click this sentence somewhere to see it. Or this sentence. Or even this one. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159216&page=1&pp=15) :evil:

Duende
06-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Really lovely work Lisa. It's always interesting to see the steps taken too!
Thanks for sharing,
Paddy

peoplepainter
06-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Thanks Paddy. Glad you looked!

Lisa

philwms
06-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Whoever wrote that note is just simply wrong and not very observant... I wrote in an earlier message that making such a comparison was essentially not needed here... but after reading the note, I just had to demo how wrong the person is... Herewith... it's obvious it is not an overpainted photo.

http://mojoko.com/stuff/forum/kid_compare.gif

Jet
06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks Phil, i have done that too, and you're absolutely right.

Next, they are going to say, you cheated on Einstein's piece as well.. :mad:

Thanks buddy !!
:cool:

Michael
06-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Just to be shallow here and forget about the question ever coming up...
I like the .avi and GIF that y'all came up with here :D

peoplepainter
06-09-2004, 07:30 AM
I agree with Redwater. Very cool

Phil, you put me in the funny position of agreeing I am not that good! LOL!

Thanks for doing that, though. You helped me to make my point.

Tee hee. I think I need to practice more.

Lisa

Yako
06-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Peoplepainter. ooops! he is really, really beautiful if you put wings on him he would look like an angel! ;) :) I like your color schemma very much! :clap: :clap:

peoplepainter
06-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks Yako! I did do that when he was younger but in pastel. Here is the link:
Angel boy (http://www.angelofmyown.com/images/4inspiringpeace.jpg)

Jet
06-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Lisa,

this one is Lovely ...+

Regards

Yako
06-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks Yako! I did do that when he was younger but in pastel. Here is the link:
Angel boy (http://www.angelofmyown.com/images/4inspiringpeace.jpg)

Really nice picture! I hope some day i'll do something like that!....