PDA

View Full Version : WDE 29 May Sudha Bay - Digital - NOT Just An Alteration!

paganeagle2001
05-31-2004, 02:59 PM
Hello all, heres another digital version! This time it's of Sudha Bay in Crete.

This time done with a program called Project Dogwaffle! I know it's a daft name but its a brilliant art program.

If you want to try it out just put Project Dogwaffle into your search engine and have a look.

This one took just 15 minutes to do!

All comments (Constructive!) are welcome!

I have posted both my original watercolour and my digital version so you can see the difference!

All the best.

Richard

Dyin
05-31-2004, 03:38 PM
oooh, love the name, love the colors! Almost has a blended pastel look to it. WDE's are sure fun for experiments! :clap:

Jet
05-31-2004, 04:06 PM
K9-twinkie (dogwaffle) is a great little program that has been put aside by some digital artists , but there are some of us who are trying to make it come back.
It's been compared to Painter Classic edition in many ways... some people recommend it for starters and children...i would recomend it for everyone !!

Great results you got here...

Regards

paganeagle2001
05-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi Again Jet. I'm amazed that people dont use Dogwaffle! It has so many things to play with!

The thing I like about it is that there are some great watercolour options. I have hardly been able to do a free hand graduated wash with other programs but this has such great blending options. It's the closest thing I have come to digital watercolouring!

All the best.

Richard

stoney
05-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Hello all, heres another digital version! This time it's of Sudha Bay in Crete.

This time done with a program called Project Dogwaffle! I know it's a daft name but its a brilliant art program.

If you want to try it out just put Project Dogwaffle into your search engine and have a look.

This one took just 15 minutes to do!

All comments (Constructive!) are welcome!

I have posted both my original watercolour and my digital version so you can see the difference!

All the best.

Richard

Hefty difference between the two. I don't know a bloody thing about watercolour or digital painting, but both versions are interesting.

stoney
05-31-2004, 04:47 PM
K9-twinkie (dogwaffle) is a great little program that has been put aside by some digital artists , but there are some of us who are trying to make it come back.
It's been compared to Painter Classic edition in many ways... some people recommend it for starters and children...i would recomend it for everyone !!

Great results you got here...

Regards

There's a version 2 out. The version 1.1b is now freeware.

Yokovich
05-31-2004, 09:12 PM
unique!! the hand version and the dogwaffle version---very interesting!! I like them both--the 2nd almost seems like a submarine surfacing. very nice color choices. I applaud. :clap: :clap: :clap:

dabblerdot
06-01-2004, 02:32 AM
This must be the yin and the yang ! Each so different, while sharing so much ! I like them both, for different reasons. There's a lot to be said about the time factor. And thanks, Andrew, for the heads-up on the paint program- I've never heard of that one before. These WDE's are such wonderful eye openers thanks to people like you who share so freely :clap: :)

blondiedenise
06-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Richard-

I like both of your versions, especially since I don't do watercolor or digital, but I'm gonna try both mediums. I'm really liking these WDEs because it provides a no pressure opportunity to try new things and play! :D

Denise

paganeagle2001
06-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Hello all, for those of you who would like to try out digital painting then heres the link to the Project Dogwaffle download.

http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/freebies/index.html

The older version is now total Freeware and has no limitations at all.

Delete the freebies/index.html bit to get back to the main page and you will then see all the other things you can do with it.

Not only can you get digital watercolour effects but also oil paint, pastel etc. with the brushes within the program and as I have mentioned it is FREE.

Just download and have fun!

I have added a few examples of what I have done with dogwaffle on its own and with other programs.

Last Leaves Of Autumn was made in less than 10 minutes! All work done with Dogwaffle!

Sunrise-set & Grass Example was made in 5 minutes in dogwaffle but includes a picture tube of an owl from Paintshop Pro.

Frostie & Baby Girl again was made in less than 5 minutes. made with dogwaffle and 2 picture tubes of the baby girl and the teddy!

All the best.

Richard