PDA

View Full Version : May 29th WDE - Aspens

dragonlady
05-31-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm a new member and this is the first thing I've posted. I really enjoyed this -I haven't used pastels for a while but thought they would be ideal for this. It's also the first time I've painted something to a short timescale, I was surprised just what could be achieved - this took about 1 1/2 hours. Hope it's not too late, been busy all weekend.

sundiver
05-31-2004, 12:47 PM
(((((((welcome to the WDEs!)))))))))
And it's never too late to post. (I just posted myself ;) )
This is a lovely pastel! I really like the texture in the trees. They'll want to see this in the Pastels forum, too, so be sure to post it there as well.

katju
05-31-2004, 01:22 PM
Welcome Dragonlady!!! There are lots of others who use pastels in this forum so you are not alone. I'm sure they'll give you lots of encouragement as this is a BEAUTIFUL painting!!! :clap: Bravo!

Kathy

dragonlady
05-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks for both the welcomes and the encouragement.

stonewhiteclown
05-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi dragonlady! Your aspens just shout! I also like nice forest place peeking between them, looks naturaly and shady. Probably unusual colours there.
:clap::clap::clap:

Deano
05-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Welcome, Dragonlady. I'm glad you posted this beautiful painting. The golden aspens really stand out from the dark background forest. I also like those dark red trunks in the forest. :clap: :clap:

Dyin
05-31-2004, 03:37 PM
nice directional strokes in this pastel! You should also post this in the Pastel forum and get to know the other pastellists here. I love the color you used for the shadows and other tree trunks. Great first WDE! :clap:

blondiedenise
05-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Your aspen looks wonderful! I love the look you achieved with the pastels. Very, very nice job! :D

Denise

stoney
05-31-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm a new member and this is the first thing I've posted. I really enjoyed this -I haven't used pastels for a while but thought they would be ideal for this. It's also the first time I've painted something to a short timescale, I was surprised just what could be achieved - this took about 1 1/2 hours. Hope it's not too late, been busy all weekend.

Whistles!!!! Welcome to WC. :) The WDE's are 'play time.' No, never too late.
Amazing how things can 'fly' when one is relaxed.

xreader
05-31-2004, 07:23 PM
Welcome! It looks like the winds are rushing through the forest and your aspen trees. I imagine big sounds when I study this. Very Well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

cmwynn
05-31-2004, 07:29 PM
The color is dramatic, but there is also lots of texture. Welcome and come again, this is always fun.
Connie

Yokovich
05-31-2004, 09:28 PM
welcome to the wde!! this is beautiful--really lush! :) :clap: :clap:

dabblerdot
06-01-2004, 02:37 AM
Wonderful to have you aboard these terrific WDE's !! And this is a real winner to introduce yourself with ! Bold, sensual colours both bright and dark. Love what you did with the background trees too, and a very nice 'wind-blown' sky. Way to go ! :clap: :clap:

Sharrm
06-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi dragonlady, Welcome to the WDE's. Love the flow of this. The textures and colors are supurb. It's a keeper :) :clap: :clap: Sharron

adamjw
06-02-2004, 10:43 PM
I think this is an amazing artwork.
I like how it glows.

The WDE's do provide an awesome challenge,
it's amazing what can be acomplished in 2 hours. :)

Celia
06-03-2004, 02:26 AM
Welcome to WDE....... your first posting is outstanding........ the aspen trees are excellent, and you accomplished a lot in your allotted time....... hope to see more of your work in weekends to come.......

celia

dragonlady
06-04-2004, 05:02 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the responses. I have rarely shown any of my work outside my family so to get a response like this the first time is amazing. You have really fired my enthusiam and I have learned so much just reading through the posts on this site, the only trouble is how do I find the time to do all the projects I now have fighting for attention !

stoney
06-04-2004, 10:21 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the responses. I have rarely shown any of my work outside my family so to get a response like this the first time is amazing. You have really fired my enthusiam and I have learned so much just reading through the posts on this site, the only trouble is how do I find the time to do all the projects I now have fighting for attention !

Excellant question which no one's been able to answer!

Charlie's Mum
06-04-2004, 12:35 PM

Welcome to the club! Sorry I'm late this week otherwise I'd have said it earlier! :)
The aspens are beautiful - frame it and hang it! :D

lorna12
06-05-2004, 05:51 AM
I'm late, too, but Welcome to WC! and the very addicting WDE's!

This is outstanding start! That yellow of the trees is sooo bright I almost need sunglasses to look at it...I like the whole painting very much!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paula Ford
09-27-2004, 10:45 AM
WOW...this was your first? I LOVE THIS ... This is fantastic...fall IS MY FAVORITE!!

Paula