PDA

View Full Version : Adobe n palms

Chiers
05-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Trying to come up with some prints for my daughter. Not sure this will cut the mustard. Painter 8

Michael
05-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Trying to come up with some prints for my daughter. Not sure this will cut the mustard. Painter 8

Why not? This looks wonderful to me. Straighten the trunk on the right palm, towards the bottom, and it is set to go. The scene is very relaxing and inviting. Grand colors and feel to the whole piece.

JCoop
05-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Sherry, love the palm trees and the beautiful foilage. The colors in the structure are wonderful and the sky is a beauty to behold. I just love the way you paint!

Jet
05-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Sherry, this is a very cheerful rendition..
...i like bright renditions...
It has a certain suburban tatste, similar to those paintings done by street artists at certain touristic cities...

Good job...if she doesn't like it ...just toss it this way... :p
:cool:

justjean
05-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Sherry it not only cuts the mustard it spreads it, I love it :)

Chiers
05-31-2004, 07:31 PM
LOL Jean..."spreads the mustard"

Thanks everyone! The more I look at this though, the less I like it. :(

JCoop
05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
The more I look at this though, the less I like it. :(
Sherry, you're a perfectionist... all the great artists are hard on themselves and you are no exception! It's a good thing :confused: ... really! :D

flowerfancy58
05-31-2004, 10:30 PM
Sherry, as a decorator piece I think it's great. Have you ever tried slicing up an image and then placing it back together for such pieces? It can look quite nice. I took the liberty of showing you what I mean without disturbing the actual painting other than slicing.

gloria

Chiers
06-01-2004, 01:16 AM
Not bad Gloria. I never would have thought about doing that. My creativity gauge is stuck somewhere at the bottom. Still, I just am not fond of this painting. It was however intended to be a decorater painting.

Joel, perfectionist..yes, often. Great artist, thanks for that reference but not hardly. :D

themanda
06-01-2004, 11:03 AM
i like it, too. looks like a big storm is brewing, about to hit.

one thing i'm not feeling from this is a sense of wind or movement or anything. i know i wouldn't be able to paint it, but you know how palm tree are constantly in motion? these seem to be too stiff or something. maybe that's what you're picking up on?

that being said, i'd hang this on my wall in a heartbeat. :) and, frankly, if your creativity is stuck on low, then mine must be in reverse. LOL