PDA

View Full Version : *Shore Break

Lopaka
05-30-2004, 05:41 PM
A few months ago we had some large swells hit our shores. This is usually where there are little or no waves during the rest of the time.
There was quite a bit of sand that is in the wave but it doesn't show too much here.

LisaArt
05-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Beautiful work. Great colours in the ocean waves and I love the contrasts in the blues and acqua geen colours

Marty C
06-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Hi Lopaka,
Welcome to the Marine Art forum, and a spectacular start you have made with this piece. Great energy and movement and good form on the breaking wave.
What medium is it, on what support and what size?
Good work.

Lopaka
06-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi Marty,

Thanks for the great input on this and Mountain Stream. I am using watercolors and a 1/2 sheet of 140# paper.
Trying to keep all of my pictures pretty well standard in size as there is a place I can buy ready made frames when using a 3" mat.
I have only been painting water colors for about a year and I am like a sponge soaking up all the info I can get.

Bob.

Leaflin
06-06-2004, 03:25 PM
This is great Bob!
I love the warmth of this piece.
Your wave is so full of motion that I best get out the way before I get wet!

Lopaka
06-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi Leaflin,
Thank you for the kind comments, as always, any C & C would be appreciated.
Bob.

WTPDOSA
06-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Aloha no ka kou Lopaka,

Very nice! Reminds me of home. You wonderfully captured the water's color. :clap: Got laulau?

Aloha Pumehana,

"Bruddha" Tom

Lopaka
06-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Howzit Bruddha?

Thanx for dakine comments on the pic, am new to this and have a lot to learn.:clap:
A hui ho,

Lopaka

WTPDOSA
06-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Howzit Bu Lopaka?

Ho Bulay, you get da kine skills fo dis! Me too jus start'n out. I only been at it for about a year. Me ke aloha ke ka moana ke Kailua - Kona. In my hanna butta dayz, I used to paddle canoe. I have paddled the race from Honaunau to da piea whea you stay. I have actually raced many times in da koa canoe that came from Honaunau, named for the city. I lived in Kailua, Oahu for almost ten years, and raced in canoes for seven of dem.
The water off of the Kona coast is some of the most beautiful in the world.

I saw your other pic with the waves crashing on the lava. Makes me want to go there and pick opihi right off da rocks. Ono-lishous!:D
I must say, I miss talk'n da kine story!!!

I look forward to seeing more of your works. Mahalo nui loa!

Tom